more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Development Update

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 06, 2019, 02:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Quote from: MJG on August 18, 2020, 04:10:50 PM
In the last 12 months the website have given us 11 updates(3 within 2 days of each other) so lets call it 9 in 12 months, I dont think its that  bad considering not really much has been seen to be done. I expect as things begin to raise from the ground we will have more to see and maybe more updates, but basically looking at a flat building site does not exactly get the blood flowing does it?
That is why we are eagerly awaiting to see the steel superstructure starting to take shape. We were advised that this milestone would have been passed by now.

Friendsoffulham

MJG

Quote from: filham on August 19, 2020, 11:46:42 AM
Quote from: MJG on August 18, 2020, 04:10:50 PM
In the last 12 months the website have given us 11 updates(3 within 2 days of each other) so lets call it 9 in 12 months, I dont think its that  bad considering not really much has been seen to be done. I expect as things begin to raise from the ground we will have more to see and maybe more updates, but basically looking at a flat building site does not exactly get the blood flowing does it?
That is why we are eagerly awaiting to see the steel superstructure starting to take shape. We were advised that this milestone would have been passed by now.
advised being the word,what will be will he, its going up and if its done on time great, if it slips so be it as well. Its nice to get an update and I'm sure we will get more as it starts to take shape instead of being an empty bit of space next to the river.
Its almost as if a few of you can't wait to see wrong in it as well....look its behind schedule,  those fuckers are useless. ...rather than enjoy the fact its finally being built even tho some of those same people now complaining were amongst those saying it would not get built.
Just the views of a long term fan

SP

Funny, of all the benefits the new stand will likely bring, the thing that excites me most is the new exit into Bishops Park & strolling straight onto the Thames Path.

RoyTund

Quote from: SP on August 19, 2020, 07:47:13 PM
Funny, of all the benefits the new stand will likely bring, the thing that excites me most is the new exit into Bishops Park & strolling straight onto the Thames Path.

Will help having entrances and exits both directly into bishops park and also north onto the path behind the hammersmith. Am I correct in understanding that you will not be able to enter the new stand directly from the Riverside path in front of it?

cmg

"What the hell are we going to put in this bloody great hole?"

Friendsoffulham

cmg

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on August 20, 2020, 10:35:42 AM

Now THAT's a football stand.....And it's facing the right way.

Thanks for posting.

Jim©

Quote from: MJG on August 19, 2020, 07:19:27 PM

advised being the word,what will be will he, its going up and if its done on time great, if it slips so be it as well. Its nice to get an update and I'm sure we will get more as it starts to take shape instead of being an empty bit of space next to the river.
Its almost as if a few of you can't wait to see wrong in it as well....look its behind schedule,  those fuckers are useless. ...rather than enjoy the fact its finally being built even tho some of those same people now complaining were amongst those saying it would not get built.
[/quote]

Quite agree with your sentiment, too many wanting it to fail which seems weird.

filham

Great picture, I think I can see the start of the steel framework, that is encouraging.
If one or two of us are expressing concern about the programme slipping that should not be taken as negative reactions but rathe as healthy interest.
Make no mistake civil engineering projects can run very late and over budget, we don't want to see that at the Cottage.

sarnian

Good to see the progress and fingers crossed it's finished on time.

I have written off attending this current season what with ever changing self isolation rules and having to fly into the UK for games. Also we have had no cases for 112 days, never had to wear masks, and life has been completely normal now for over two months.

Hoping when returning for the 21-22 season to be sat in the new stand and be enjoying (apart from VAR ) premiership football. Can't wait to get back to watching live games again. 049:gif

Riversider

There's an update on The Official today if any wizz kid can provide a link .

hongkongfulham

Fulham1959

gang

Quote from: cmg on August 19, 2020, 08:39:16 PM

"What the hell are we going to put in this bloody great hole?"

"Dig another hole and put the soil we dig out in this one Mr Mackay".

PhilEsh

mrmicawbers

Thanks for posting,that's gonna be one impressive structure.Getting the feel for the size of it now.