https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Development Update

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 06, 2019, 02:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: Riversider on November 21, 2020, 10:12:29 PM
Quote from: sarnian on November 21, 2020, 10:05:58 PM
I am led to believe that only football supporters will be allowed in while matches are going on. The walkway will be closed and only fans, flat residents and amenities staff will be allowed in and during this time restaurants and bars will not be open to the general public.

Perhaps the question can be asked at the next meeting with the club.

This is exactly as I understand it.
the walkway will be shut on match day, this is from the planning application
The Walkway
A major benefit of the project is the creation of a public riverside walkway, providing an important part of the Thames Path. The walkway will be between c. 6m and 11m wide. The route will be accessible from the north (Stevenage Park) and south (Bishops Park) and will be open to the public. It will only be closed for a limited time prior to, during and following football matches
at the stadium and when Bishops Park is closed. The proposals do not develop beyond the river line established by the consented 2013 river walkway. As part of the work, the river wall that is in poor condition will be replaced with a new vertical wall; this will follow the same line as the approved 2013 river wall.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

b+w geezer

Thanks for those clarifications, very interesting. (Bit of a lost business opportunity for Fulham Pier).

Still, if it's not merely (as I'd supposed) that you cannot access the walkway directly from the stadium,  but that you cannot do so at all on matchdays, it seems even less likely a stadium certificate must await the Pier being being finished.

fulhamben

Quote from: b+w geezer on November 22, 2020, 12:57:25 AM
Thanks for those clarifications, very interesting. (Bit of a lost business opportunity for Fulham Pier).

Still, if it's not merely (as I'd supposed) that you cannot access the walkway directly from the stadium,  but that you cannot do so at all on matchdays, it seems even less likely a stadium certificate must await the Pier being being finished.

not with you here, the walkway will be closed on match days as it will still be required for entrance to the riverside stand itself. So it will most definitely needed to be finished to get a stadium cert.

b+w geezer

Quote from: fulhamben on November 22, 2020, 01:36:18 AM

not with you here, the walkway will be closed on match days as it will still be required for entrance to the riverside stand itself. So it will most definitely needed to be finished to get a stadium cert.
Your reading is that some access to and from the stadium interior will be from Fulham Pier, this being defined as the stretch of walkway immediately behind the new structure. If that is the case, then yes, that will bear on stadium licensing.

I have surmised  no turnstiles/exits at walkway level on that stretch, either directly or via any of the bars etc. (As posted earlier). So that's really what it pivots on.  If you or anyone else is sure to the contrary then that clinches the matter, safety certicate dependence follows as you say, and both sides will be liable to need finishing prior to occupation of the seating. And in turn, that probably won't be possible till a year or so from now.

Issues are now much clearer. Just need definite knowledge on the entry/exit situation -- which someone out there (maybe you) will surely have, but I don't -- I've just been surmising.

fulhamben

Quote from: b+w geezer on November 22, 2020, 10:28:24 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on November 22, 2020, 01:36:18 AM

Your reading is that some access to and from the stadium interior will be from Fulham Pier, this being defined as the stretch of walkway immediately behind the new structure. If that is the case, then yes, that will bear on stadium licensing.

I have surmised  no turnstiles/exits at walkway level on that stretch, either directly or via any of the bars etc. (As posted earlier). So that's really what it pivots on.  If you or anyone else is sure to the contrary then that clinches the matter, safety certicate dependence follows as you say, and both sides will be liable to need finishing prior to occupation of the seating. And in turn, that probably won't be possible till a year or so from now.

Issues are now much clearer. Just need definite knowledge on the entry/exit situation -- which someone out there (maybe you) will surely have, but I don't -- I've just been surmising.
not sure on turnstiles but the exits will be there. And you will surely have to use the walkway to actually get to the seats, much the same as you do now or there would be too much of a bottle neck to get a fire safety cert

mrmicawbers

I was under the impression that the turnstiles,exits were from both bishops park ant the the other end of the stand were the walkwaywill be opened up.

fulhamben

And if you look at the application you can see the air flow diagram, which shows air going to and from walkway into the stand at the walkway level, that can only be obtained by the various gaps all down the stand where the acces from walkway to the seats are

b+w geezer

You may be right, FulhamBen and I absolutely don't know for sure (and am listening out for someone who does), but any exits onto Fulham Pier would be a commercially wasteful use of river frontage that could be leased to tenants, so one can be confident at least that the design brief would have been to avoid this if possible.

(As for walkways to the seats, aren't they present within the structure?) It would be surprising if nobody knows for sure about these things, so hopefully certainty will emerge, even if delayed by other FFC preoccupations today!

fulhamben

Quote from: b+w geezer on November 22, 2020, 10:48:28 AM
You may be right, FulhamBen and I absolutely don't know for sure (and am listening out for someone who does), but any exits onto Fulham Pier would be a commercially wasteful use of river frontage that could be leased to tenants, so one can be confident at least that the design brief would have been to avoid this if possible.

(As for walkways to the seats, aren't they present within the structure?) It would be surprising if nobody knows for sure about these things, so hopefully certainty will emerge, even if delayed by other FFC preoccupations today!

im not sure we are on about the same thing.  The exits will be the gate that comes across to close the walkway on match days. Pretty much like the gate in the corner of the hammy and riverside now, that they use for an exit at the end of a match. And yes there will be at a guess around 5 or more gaps all down the length of the stand probably about 3 meters wide In between bars/shops to allow people to get from walkway to seats, much the same is it was in the old riverside stand. Best way to Omaha one it is it is basically the same as the old stand but the walkway now goes into the park

b+w geezer

Thanks Ben, you have addressed all queries, the key one being about those 5 or so gaps at walkway level between the bars/shops, which lead tofrom the stadium interior. Impossible to spot their presence (or absence!) in the artists' impression but I guess you are going by submitted architects' plans, in which case that's definitive and everything follows about being unable to open the stand on schedule.

Some time it would be great to be given a link the relevant drawing. I know it must be out there somewhere on the borough's planning website, but so is an awful lot else! Meanwhile, to you and anyone else reading this -- enjoy the game, notwithstanding the team selection!

fulhamben

Here you go mate,  https://repo.images.fulhamfc.com/Craven-Cottage-Riverside-Stand-Planning-Summary-November-2017.pdf  There's a plan quite far down that shows the route into the stand and it's def from the walkway.

sarnian

Is the walkway through Bishops Park along the river being upgraded. Leaving the ground and walking along the river to Hammersmith was along a well paved area but the last time I walked through Bishops Park the path was in a very poor state with cracks and tree roots growing through.

Was part of the plan for Fulham having to upgrade the Bishops Park walkway.

b+w geezer

Quote from: fulhamben on November 22, 2020, 11:34:11 AM
Here you go mate,  https://repo.images.fulhamfc.com/Craven-Cottage-Riverside-Stand-Planning-Summary-November-2017.pdf  There's a plan quite far down that shows the route into the stand and it's def from the walkway.
Many thanks; now downloaded and saved. You must be referring to printed page 8 (p.10/24 in the e-version). As you say, it shows exits/entrances, and there is reference to 'Riverside Walk.'

The only thing that puzzles me is where the Fulham Pier faciities feature in the plan. The area to the river side of the seating in the plan is described as 'concourse' and the facilities all seem geared to the football. Whereas I had thought they were leasing blank spaces that might be used a public restaurants and whatever. In that sense I am frankly flummoxed.

It would make more sense if the diagram referred to the level one above the walkway, which is also level with the foot of the main seating. And if you look at the sectional diagrams further up the page, this is actually imaginable.

Nertheless the key diagram is called 'Ground Floor', which implies at the level of the outside ground, added to which 'Riverside Walk' is labelled. So all that seems unambiguous and to be read as you have understandably done. As for what and where are the spaces they are letting out as Fulham Pier, however, I admit to not getting it,  but fortunately nothing depends on my doing so :-)

_Putney_

?s=20

Dunstable Fulham

What a wonderful place the cottage is going to be. All due credit to the Khan family - terrific development for the club and the wider community and long term prosperity for the football club and the community. I can't wait to get back there !

fcfulham55

Going to look like a lovely little stand😊
Sent from my Nokia 3310

alfie

Every dayI go for a walk around the back of Hammersmith end sit on a bench by the river, the odd thing is this stand is going up fast, but I sit for about 30 minutes and there never seems to be anything going on, obviously there is but it seems so strange.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

bencher

The poor old cottage looks so tiny against the new stand. An intriguing mix of the ultra modern and the classic.