https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Development Update

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 06, 2019, 02:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

fcfulham55

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on December 07, 2020, 03:16:31 PM

Thanks so much for that, only was asking about a view from this angle this morning.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

St Eve

Quote from: Southdowns White on June 06, 2019, 04:19:29 PM
Apparently they have already dug up 47 old footballs, most of them from shots from our players that never hit the target! 
46 were from Knockaert

mrmicawbers

I wonder if the may start renovating the Johnny Haynes stand when the New Stand opens?Would make sense commercially as I'm sure as a season ticket holder there we would be potential targets for the Riverside.Just a thought.

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: St Eve on December 07, 2020, 04:53:46 PM
Quote from: Southdowns White on June 06, 2019, 04:19:29 PM
Apparently they have already dug up 47 old footballs, most of them from shots from our players that never hit the target! 
46 were from Knockaert
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

SouthIslandWhite

These photos are dramatic. I did not realize that the skyline would change this much. Not sure that I like it frankly.  Changes the whole neighbourhood.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

filham

Quote from: SouthIslandWhite on December 07, 2020, 05:32:14 PM
These photos are dramatic. I did not realize that the skyline would change this much. Not sure that I like it frankly.  Changes the whole neighbourhood.
I do wonder how the residents in adjoining streets will react to the changing skyline.

grandad

The ground was there before most of the nearby properties were. If you don´t like being near a football ground don´t buy one there.
Where there's a will there's a wife

alfie

Quote from: grandad on December 07, 2020, 06:32:23 PM
The ground was there before most of the nearby properties were. If you don´t like being near a football ground don´t buy one there.
The ground was there but a whopping great big stand wasn't.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

sarnian

The stand when completed will not be the eyesore you see at present. At present it's just a building site but will look completely different from the road when finished.

fcfulham55

It's not that gigantic, it doesn't even hold 9k. What a strange bunch we are. Moaning about everything.   Looks better than the towering floodlights you see at amateur venues.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Fernhurst

Don't get windy now, we are a Premiership team with Premiership ambitions. There will be more changes in the offing...... embrace it.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

SuffolkWhite

Its change that's all and not everyone can deal with that, the blocks of flats built next to Fulham could be considered an eyesore also but that's progress
Although the moaning from Fulham fans is weird imo.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

FFCBadger

1335566964383748097[/tweet]/photo/1]/photo/1[/url]

Riversider

Quote from: Riversider on December 05, 2020, 10:12:17 PM
The photo to take is from Greswell Street showing the new stand towering over The Johnny Haynes stand  049:gif

Thanks to whoever provided it , I've been to visit the ground on half a dozen occasions,  I guarantee those people that will be seeing it for the first time on Sunday will be left speechless,
Its truly stunning 😍,
Though the light pollution in the surrounding area will raise a few eyebrows im sure.

RaySmith

You'd think these residents of  this highly desirable  part of London, with flat and other buildings going up all the time, would be used to this sort of thing.

Great photos, thanks.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: fcfulham55 on December 07, 2020, 07:43:33 PM
It's not that gigantic, it doesn't even hold 9k. What a strange bunch we are. Moaning about everything.   Looks better than the towering floodlights you see at amateur venues.

I took those pictures from the weekend. Trust me it's a seriously imposing structure, personally got no problems with that whatsoever. It gives the ground a new found sense of scale
I wouldn't go too much by the capacity though either. If it wasn't for the end blocks of apartments, etc it would probably hold about 1000-1500 more, also it's taller than stands with a similar capacity due to having to fit seven levels of facilities in what is still , despite the river reclamation, a pretty confined space. The top tier looks especially steep
It's always the same though, some people don't like change. As I said I think it looks magnificent, hope they're planning stuff at either end too

bencher

Quote from: FFCBadger on December 07, 2020, 08:21:51 PM
'
When we had to change the club badge -x- number of years ago, why didn't we adopt this from the JH stand as the badge? Timeless and elegant.

Roberty

Quote from: bencher on December 08, 2020, 08:37:45 AM
Quote from: FFCBadger on December 07, 2020, 08:21:51 PM
'
When we had to change the club badge -x- number of years ago, why didn't we adopt this from the JH stand as the badge? Timeless and elegant.

Probably because we could not copyright it ?
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Holders

Yes, it does but it really sets off the traditional façade from that view. Surprisingly nice, I thought.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria