watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Development Update

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 06, 2019, 02:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bencher

I wonder if commentators and other clubs will still refer to us little old Fulham after the new stand is opened. It's certainly a statement of intent. I'm sure Mr Al Fayed will get a lot of pleasure seeing it, after all the groundwork he put in to making our club competitive again. A shame that Jimmy Hill isn't around to witness it - another one who did so much to get us where we are now.

Lambo

Absolutely brilliant and for me makes the ground even more beautiful. Is there a better stadium in the world that provides history, uniqueness complimented by stunning modern architecture, location and views. We are Fulham and thanks to all of those that at the top who have played their part in turning our club around. Fulham Park Rangers or Torquay away anyone.

Statto

Quote from: bencher on March 09, 2021, 07:53:28 AM
A shame that Jimmy Hill isn't around to witness it - another one who did so much to get us where we are now.

Good comment, very true

filham

I wonder when that last section of the roof at the Putney end is due to be fitted. will be good to see a complete roof in place.

Southdowns White

Seats going in, won't be long before we're back in the ground and able to see it all, I will still be in the Hammersmith end though.

Kimbleman

My daughter Zoe and I will be in the JH stand as usual so we will be able to get a great view of it. 👍

Riversider

How many on here that are not historically Riversiders , are considering leaving their normal place of abode to transfer over to the new stand ?
Will be very interesting to see how much displacement takes place.

alfie

Quote from: filham on March 09, 2021, 09:51:36 AM
I wonder when that last section of the roof at the Putney end is due to be fitted. will be good to see a complete roof in place.

I had a wander this morning, not sure but it looked like it has been because the crane has now moved to Hammersmith end. That jack up barge with the crane on is massive.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: bencher on March 09, 2021, 07:53:28 AM
I wonder if commentators and other clubs will still refer to us little old Fulham after the new stand is opened. It's certainly a statement of intent. I'm sure Mr Al Fayed will get a lot of pleasure seeing it, after all the groundwork he put in to making our club competitive again. A shame that Jimmy Hill isn't around to witness it - another one who did so much to get us where we are now.

Always irtitates me when I constantly hear people describing the Cottage as a quaint little ground, don't mind the quaint bit but it's not little & never has been.
Funny you mention Jimmy Hill because when the club were striving ahead with the CPO, the original preferred scheme was to knock down both end terraces, move the pitch towards the Putney end & build flats with 2 little Griffin Park style "Wendy house" stands in front. The end sections of both side stands that no longer faced the pitch were going to be converted to house some lounges etc. The capacity was going to be 15,000, bear in mind this was before the advent of all seaters, so that would've been slashed in later years
I wrote to Jimmy Hill saying this would forever consign Fulham to be a small club with no hope of attracting the attendances we could if fortunes were to improve in the future
He replied thanking me for my letter & then went on to say quite bluntly that when Fulham were turning people away because the ground was full, that was a problem he'd be quite happy to have & he wasn't going to lose any sleep worrying over what might happen, I thought that was quite an odd thing to come out with. I've still got the letter, just glad things worked out differently. I know we wouldn't be here is it wasn't for Jimmy Hill, we owe him a massive debt but he did wing it a bit & we got lucky

FulhamStu

Quote from: Riversider on March 09, 2021, 02:10:00 PM
How many on here that are not historically Riversiders , are considering leaving their normal place of abode to transfer over to the new stand ?

I am.

G_Gribby

Quote from: Riversider on March 09, 2021, 02:10:00 PM

First match there and also most matches there. However of course from the other beautiful sides as well.
I will probably still be a Riversider in the future. 
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

sarnian

Your welcome to join us in the Riverside however those of us that were moved for the rebuild must have first choice of seats.  049:gif

Twig

Quote from: sarnian on March 09, 2021, 06:26:51 PM
Your welcome to join us in the Riverside however those of us that were moved for the rebuild must have first choice of seats.  049:gif

I don't think I could afford it. Early indications suggested it will be quite premium pricing.

filham

Since returning from Loftus Road I have become a regular in the JH stand and intend to remain there. However I would like the experience of just one match high up in the new stand.

_Putney_

SP

Quote from: Twig on March 09, 2021, 06:39:46 PM

I don't think I could afford it. Early indications suggested it will be quite premium pricing.

Do we have any idea how much the cheaper season tickets will be?

sarnian

Quote from: SP on March 11, 2021, 07:07:32 PM
Quote from: Twig on March 09, 2021, 06:39:46 PM

Do we have any idea how much the cheaper season tickets will be?

Won't be cheap. The lower tier will be cheapest as they will be more exposed to the elements.

filham

Wow, when that final roof cantilever is fixed it will be the end of the major structural phase I imagine . Must be well past the point of no return now, never really believed we would see anything as grand as this at the Cottage.

Fernhurst

Good word filham "GRAND" it really is.  049:gif
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Fernhurst

1) Could someone inform me of the cost of a premium season ticket (V block) in the Old Riverside.

2) Wow 60 pages on this one subject and if there was a vote, I'd say it was the best thread ever.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.