watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Development Update

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 06, 2019, 02:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyFFC

Can't wait to see it tomorrow. It's certainly come a long way since I last saw it at the Liverpool game.....

ashteadFFC

First time seeing the new stand in flesh today -  very impressed. TV pictures just don't do it justice. Looking forward to take up my seats when it is finished...

SP

Quote from: ashteadFFC on August 08, 2021, 05:57:10 PM
First time seeing the new stand in flesh today -  very impressed. TV pictures just don't do it justice. Looking forward to take up my seats when it is finished...

Would like to move there but I'm not sure even the cheapest seats will be within my budget.

cmg

Quote from: SG on August 07, 2021, 05:21:34 PM
Quote from: Riversider on August 07, 2021, 04:47:18 PM
Quote from: Fernhurst on August 07, 2021, 01:43:19 PM
Thank you for pointing it out Riversider.
Watched and listened in awe of these guys. Cannot wait to be shown around this marvelous Thameside icon.
Shadik Khan will forever be held in high esteem by The Fulham faithful.
He will indeed, well said 👏
Really. Presided over 3 relegations and appointed his son who had no experience in the key role of DOF resulting in millions being wasted. I think his motives are honourable but certain decisions have been flawed.
Having said that I can't wait to take up my seat in the new stand

"Dear Sir,

I regret to inform you that your application to purchase a seat in my the club's new stand has been unsuccessful.
Better luck with the next owner.

Yours sincerely,
S.Khan "

Dunstable Fulham

I was very impressed. I was worried it would overpower the rest of the stadium but I think it really ascentuates the traditional and the modern look and feel of our unique stadium. I also think more of the noise and atmosphere is retained in the stadium. It would be interested to get other views on this issue

Statto

Quote from: ashteadFFC on August 08, 2021, 05:57:10 PM

+1

Andy S

The Dug-out needs a roof. Did you notice the subs scurrying to the seating behind when the rain came down? The problem is it doesn't seem possible without restricting the view of the punters

brightster

Quote from: Andy S on August 08, 2021, 10:18:35 PM
The Dug-out needs a roof. Did you notice the subs scurrying to the seating behind when the rain came down? The problem is it doesn't seem possible without restricting the view of the punters

A lot of teams now don't have roofs / covers, I noticed that a couple of seasons ago, don't think we have had them now for a while.

HamsterWheel

I was happy to note that from my perch halfway up H6 I could still see a few square inches of Thames through one of the lounges. Looks really good and somehow not over imposing. From the Hammy End the Putney stand that looked tall now just looks normal. And the stand encroaches out into the river in a lovely way and the Riverside/Hammy corner still has a lot of outside space.
They need to get someone to clean the outside wall at the Hammy End though, horrible mucky green slime everywhere - matches the gents I suppose!

SP

Judging by today's other posts, the availability of modern toilet facilities in the new stand will be a huge draw.

MartyFFC

Quote from: SP on August 09, 2021, 08:28:20 PM
Judging by today's other posts, the availability of modern toilet facilities in the new stand will be a huge draw.
I think there definitely needs to be more toilet-related threads on here

Statto

I hate to break it to you but...

https://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=73165.msg1092946#msg1092946

cookieg

Quote from: Andy S on August 08, 2021, 10:18:35 PM

I did think that when the pitch started to get waterlogged that was the time to bring on a sub.

f321ffc

Don't know if this has been mentioned and there's too many pages to look through on this thread, does any one know will the changing rooms still be in the Cottage or in the riverside?
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Statto

Quote from: f321ffc on August 10, 2021, 04:19:13 PM
Don't know if this has been mentioned and there's too many pages to look through on this thread, does any one know will the changing rooms still be in the Cottage or in the riverside?

Cottage

General

Quote from: cmg on August 08, 2021, 06:10:39 PM
Quote from: SG on August 07, 2021, 05:21:34 PM
Quote from: Riversider on August 07, 2021, 04:47:18 PM
Quote from: Fernhurst on August 07, 2021, 01:43:19 PM
Thank you for pointing it out Riversider.
Watched and listened in awe of these guys. Cannot wait to be shown around this marvelous Thameside icon.
Shadik Khan will forever be held in high esteem by The Fulham faithful.
He will indeed, well said 👏
Really. Presided over 3 relegations and appointed his son who had no experience in the key role of DOF resulting in millions being wasted. I think his motives are honourable but certain decisions have been flawed.
Having said that I can't wait to take up my seat in the new stand

"Dear Sir,

I regret to inform you that your application to purchase a seat in my the club's new stand has been unsuccessful.
Better luck with the next owner.

Yours sincerely,
S.Khan "

I've only known two owners in my fulham supporting life but what the Khan's have done in comparison to Al Fayed pails in insignificance in my view. I'd honestly much rather a successful team and consistency and stability with our performances and the league we're in (Premier League) as well as trusting the club to make astute footballing decisions, which in all truth the khan's fail at miserably.

Jims Dentist

Apologies if mentioned before, but seeing it in the flesh for the first time on Saturday,  I thought that the roof had a really exaggerated upward tilt.
This could be a problem for fans on a wet (and windy) day.

SP

Quote from: Jims Dentist on August 11, 2021, 07:31:00 PM
Apologies if mentioned before, but seeing it in the flesh for the first time on Saturday,  I thought that the roof had a really exaggerated upward tilt.

From what I've seen at the last two games, I think the new roof provides a decent amount of cover.  The really heavy storm on Sunday soaked the first few rows but I guess it depends on numerous factors?

Jims Dentist

Quote from: SP on August 11, 2021, 07:43:55 PM
Quote from: Jims Dentist on August 11, 2021, 07:31:00 PM
. No doubt time will tell.

From what I've seen at the last two games, I think the new roof provides a decent amount of cover.  The really heavy storm on Sunday soaked the first few rows but I guess it depends on numerous factors?

Logicalman

Quote from: Statto on August 09, 2021, 11:40:11 PM

I hate to break it to you but...

https://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=73165.msg1092946#msg1092946

I think we all understand that this was just scaremongering by an miscreant no longer in our midst. Check the plans for the other levels not just GA_PLAN_ARRANGEMENT_LEVEL_00-2224348.pdf and, as another member pointed out, there are much more in the plans.

https://public-access.lbhf.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=PTCLMZBI04900

Review plans GA PLAN ARRANGEMENT LEVEL 00-05

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.