Main Menu

Riverside Development Update

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 06, 2019, 02:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

Quote from: Logicalman on August 12, 2021, 10:06:23 PM
Quote from: Statto on August 09, 2021, 11:40:11 PM
Quote from: SP on August 09, 2021, 08:28:20 PM
Judging by today's other posts, the availability of modern toilet facilities in the new stand will be a huge draw.

I hate to break it to you but...

https://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=73165.msg1092946#msg1092946

I think we all understand that this was just scaremongering by an miscreant no longer in our midst. Check the plans for the other levels not just GA_PLAN_ARRANGEMENT_LEVEL_00-2224348.pdf and, as another member pointed out, there are much more in the plans.

https://public-access.lbhf.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=PTCLMZBI04900

Review plans GA PLAN ARRANGEMENT LEVEL 00-05

I have neither extensive knowledge on this topic nor the inclination to spend time acquiring it. However, glancing at those plans one thing that's clear is those other floors are where the restaurant, gym, chairman's suite and various other exclusive facilities are located. As such, if I were a betting man I'd guess they won't be freely accessible to 10,000 fans during the game. So "scaremongering by an miscreant" (sic) sounds a risky and unduly dismissive assumption to me.

fcfulham55

We applied to open the stand a couple of weeks back.  Guessing part of the stand.

Any update on this anyone?
Sent from my Nokia 3310

FulhamStu

I have been told by the club that there will be 4 levels of 'facilities'.

1. Seat only, possibly lower seats.
2. Seat and Sports bar which will be on the lower tier.
3. Seat and various resteraunts and facilities that will be as good as anything out there, these will be the middle 2 levels.
4. Seat and VIP, this will be 4th floor and be better than anything at any other ground in the country.

Lordedmundo

Quote from: Statto on August 13, 2021, 12:18:24 AM
Judging by today's other posts, the availability of modern toilet facilities in the new stand will be a huge draw.

https://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=73165.msg1092946#msg1092946

I think we all understand that this was just scaremongering by an miscreant no longer in our midst. Check the plans for the other levels not just GA_PLAN_ARRANGEMENT_LEVEL_00-2224348.pdf and, as another member pointed out, there are much more in the plans.

https://public-access.lbhf.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=PTCLMZBI04900

I have neither extensive knowledge on this topic nor the inclination to spend time acquiring it. However, glancing at those plans one thing that's clear is those other floors are where the restaurant, gym, chairman's suite and various other exclusive facilities are located. As such, if I were a betting man I'd guess they won't be freely accessible to 10,000 fans during the game. So "scaremongering by an miscreant" (sic) sounds a risky and unduly dismissive assumption to me.

No offence statto - some of us did study the plans rather than just glance at them as you did.  Having done so - it is clear that there are sufficient wc facilities for regular fans on the required levels. The exclusive facilities to which you refer are indeed on the higher levels and of course will almost certainly just be for those admitted to those areas (which seems fair enough to me).

I would be more inclined to believe in the accuracy of the official plans that I have viewed with my own eyes, than an obvious (one poster) 'miscreant' who only looked at one floor in the plans and then posted incorrect 'scaremongering' information.

MartyFFC

Seat only sounds like a fantastic option; presumably you have to bring your own colostomy bag

Fulham76

No update on the website since June, or have I missed it? All I can is the Pier survey

HamsterWheel

Guess they're relying on people looking at the progress at matches. Certainly moving on apace. Looks like it needs a lot of steelwork to support the pool!

FulhamStu

Quote from: MartyFFC on August 31, 2021, 01:21:53 PM
Seat only sounds like a fantastic option; presumably you have to bring your own colostomy bag

When you purchase a seat in the Johnny Haynes, they throw the loo in for free but don't specify it so I expect it will be the same in the Riverside.  Oh hang on, you were being funny.... Hahahaha

Fernhurst

Asked before, but try again
Has anybody got any idea what upper tier season ticket would equate too. Someone must know what the best Seats in Spuds new ground cost annually?
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

fcfulham55

Quote from: Fernhurst on August 31, 2021, 09:25:20 PM
Has anybody got any idea what upper tier season ticket would equate too. Someone must know what the best Seats in Spuds new ground cost annually?
Would like to know too.
The views from them seats. Guessing from £1500 -£2500ish

The halfway seats are definitely going to be snapped up for some serious amounts.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

SG

I would imagine those of us who had Riverside stand season tickets will be given first dibs at taking an equivalent seat in the new stand. Block W - roughly in the middle - was c£800 pre rebuild. I'd expect it to double when open. Still as my sons keep telling me - no point being the richest man in the graveyard 😂😂

The Rational Fan

When do we expect is "the first game with fans in the New Riverside stand" to be? The last I read is the official opening will be in "August 2022", but it seems a lot more ready than that, at least for a basic fan experience.

SG

Quote from: Fernhurst on August 31, 2021, 09:25:20 PM

Spuds STs range from £800 to £2,000. They froze the cost this season. Over 65s have a 50% discount on the cheaper seats up to the £1,200 mark but the discount is not offered on seats above this price. Hope that helps

Statto

Quote from: Lordedmundo on August 31, 2021, 11:12:45 AM

No offence statto - some of us did study the plans rather than just glance at them as you did.  Having done so - it is clear that there are sufficient wc facilities for regular fans on the required levels. The exclusive facilities to which you refer are indeed on the higher levels and of course will almost certainly just be for those admitted to those areas (which seems fair enough to me).

I would be more inclined to believe in the accuracy of the official plans that I have viewed with my own eyes, than an obvious (one poster) 'miscreant' who only looked at one floor in the plans and then posted incorrect 'scaremongering' information.

Just to clarify, the "exclusive facilities" are on every floor except Level 0.
Level 0 is the concourse, ie for fans.
I don't need to "study" the plans, I can see from a quick glance what's on each floor, and discern from common sense that if there are some toilets in the restaurant on level 1 for example, then the general population of fans are unlikely to be allowed to traipse through there to do a line in the restaurant's pi$$er.
Happy for you to tell me which of the following floors besides level 0 you think will be accessible to fans... 

Level 0 - Concourse
Level 1 - Restaurant
Level 2 - Director/chairman suites, premium events venues
Level 3 - Bar/lounge
Level 4 - Bar/lounge
Level 5 - Terrace

Fernhurst

Thank you SG, that gives me some idea how far out of reach they are. 😮
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Lordedmundo

Quote from: Statto on September 01, 2021, 01:17:02 PM

I don't need to "study" the plans, I can see from a quick glance what's on each floor, and discern from common sense that if there are some toilets in the restaurant on level 1 for example, then the general population of fans are unlikely to be allowed to traipse through there to do a line in the restaurant's pi$$er.
Happy for you to tell me which of the following floors besides level 0 you think will be accessible to fans... 

Level 0 - Concourse
Level 1 - Restaurant
Level 3 - Bar/lounge
Level 4 - Bar/lounge
Level 5 - Terrace

So, aside from Level 0:

Level 1 - The plans show that 4 of the 8 entrances to the stands open out directly into the restaurant/concourse area (fans in the end blocks are closer to the lower tier stair exits, but can still reach these 4 entrances). So unless these 4 entrances are locked, you would discern from common sense that fans would be able to use all wc facilites on that floor, as there are no doors or walls preventing them from doing so. 

Level 2 - The plans show that 2 of the 3 entrances open out directly into the main premium GA/Events/concourse area.  Again, unless these entrances are locked - all fans entering or exiting from this area would be able to use the wc facilities in this area. The exception is of course the chairman/directors area via the 3rd entrance - which has a smaller number of wc facilities.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Lordedmundo on September 01, 2021, 04:09:02 PM

Level 0 - Concourse
Level 1 - Restaurant
Level 3 - Bar/lounge
Level 4 - Bar/lounge
Level 5 - Terrace

So, aside from Level 0:

Level 1 - The plans show that 4 of the 8 entrances to the stands open out directly into the restaurant/concourse area (fans in the end blocks are closer to the lower tier stair exits, but can still reach these 4 entrances). So unless these 4 entrances are locked, you would discern from common sense that fans would be able to use all wc facilites on that floor, as there are no doors or walls preventing them from doing so. 

Level 2 - The plans show that 2 of the 3 entrances open out directly into the main premium GA/Events/concourse area.  Again, unless these entrances are locked - all fans entering or exiting from this area would be able to use the wc facilities in this area. The exception is of course the chairman/directors area via the 3rd entrance - which has a smaller number of wc faciliti

es.

Level 0 - Concourse
Level 1 - Restaurant
Level 3 - Bar/lounge
Level 4 - Bar/lounge
Level 5 - Terrace

So, aside from Level 0:

Level 2 - The plans show that 2 of the 3 entrances open out directly into the main premium GA/Events/concourse area.  Again, unless these entrances are locked - all fans entering or exiting from this area would be able to use the wc facilities in this area. The exception is of course the chairman/directors area via the 3rd entrance - which has a smaller number of wc facilities.

Where can I see the plans? I can't seem to open any of those links

Roberty

Typical Fulhamish

We have one of the best squads for a long time and a golden chance to top the league and go up to the PL

But here we have page after page about bogs in a stand that isn't open yet !

Classic
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

bobby01

Quote from: Roberty on September 01, 2021, 04:27:31 PM
Typical Fulhamish

We have one of the best squads for a long time and a golden chance to top the league and go up to the PL

But here we have page after page about bogs in a stand that isn't open yet !

Classic

064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Statto

So, aside from Level 0:

So as I was saying, your assumption is indeed that fans will be permitted to walk through the restaurant or a premium events area, and use their toilets. I find that unlikely and am frankly astounded you think it reasonable. I think it far more likely those doors will indeed be locked during the game or at least guarded by someone saying, "sorry sir, this is a restaurant, do you have a reservation?" But who knows. We'll see in due course won't we.