watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Development Update

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 06, 2019, 02:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twig

Oh dear, we have a shiny new stand but are now taking up pages and pages on a hypothetical argument over WC facilities.
This is an update thread so could we perhaps keep the silly arguments to a brief sentence or two?

The Rational Fan

If the Riverside Stand doesn't meet the toilet legal requirements for 10,000 people then the stadium will have to open to less people until it's fixed, but I am certain it will be fixed. If the stand meets current legal requirements, then there will be many more toilets than many of us are use to in the old days. Get the stand finished and open, surely a dozen toilets is not too hard to add somewhere.

Statto

Quote from: Twig on September 01, 2021, 10:25:47 PM
Oh dear, we have a shiny new stand but are now taking up pages and pages on a hypothetical argument over WC facilities.
This is an update thread so could we perhaps keep the silly arguments to a brief sentence or two?

Get used to it mate . Transfer window is closed and it's an international break. Nothing else to talk about.

Roberty

Statto - is that what cottaging means - searching for a toilet in an unfinished stand ?
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

love4ffc

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

filham

The stand is looking so impressive but what a shame there will no be a bum on any of those seats until next August.
I do understand there is now a lot of internal work to be carried our and safety inspections to be undertaken but you would think a small section of a few hundred seats could be made available in advance for a deserving few.

junior white

Quote from: filham on September 02, 2021, 10:07:05 AM
The stand is looking so impressive but what a shame there will no be a bum on any of those seats until next August.
I do understand there is now a lot of internal work to be carried our and safety inspections to be undertaken but you would think a small section of a few hundred seats could be made available in advance for a deserving few.
I am guessing that you wont get a safety certificate if all the work isnt done, and thus opening for some may not be possible. Just a guess on my part

bencher

Who do they put the seats in when the overall job is not completed yet? It's like a tease to us fans. Would be better if they put the seats in last to save the frustrations of waiting.

bobby01

I thought we had applied for a safety certificate for a partial opening
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bencher on September 02, 2021, 10:20:47 AM
Who do they put the seats in when the overall job is not completed yet? It's like a tease to us fans. Would be better if they put the seats in last to save the frustrations of waiting.

I thought it was a safe standing area.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bobby01 on September 02, 2021, 10:23:04 AM
I thought we had applied for a safety certificate for a partial opening

Haven't you received your Hi Vis Vest in the post yet.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

To be fair to the club I have already received my seat number.

Never forget your Roots.

Roberty

Quote from: bencher on September 02, 2021, 10:20:47 AM

They brought the seats in though the back of the stand and they are now fixing the curtain wall to enclose the stand.
When the seat come to site they needed fixing down to get them out of everyone way
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

cookieg

I think it's something to do with not having enough toilets.

Jims Dentist

So much of the above seems a long way from the match experience that most if he are used to,  But:
If it helps our club prosper then so be it.

I am though curious about who are the punters who will use these elite facilities on match days.

Twig

Quote from: Jims Dentist on September 02, 2021, 08:52:19 PM
So much of the above seems a long way from the match experience that most if he are used to,  But:
If it helps our club prosper then so be it.

I am though curious about who are the punters who will use these elite facilities on match days.

Well I will be surprised if it's many of our existing ST holders. Hope I'm wrong but I fear the new stand could be dominated by, how to say this? A less expressive sort of supporter.

mrmicawbers

Looking forward to experiencing the new stand.Not saying I will move over there full time but happy to give it a whirl

Logicalman

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 02, 2021, 10:37:20 AM

I take it that would be a series of numbers Wooly, no offence mate but using it in the singular for a mammoth seems, well, plain incorrect.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

MickW

Supporter for 60 years and ST for 30 - I'll definitely take a seat in the new stand.

70sPimlico

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 02, 2021, 10:37:20 AM

ok