watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Development Update

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 06, 2019, 02:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyFFC

Considerable space restrictions, listed building etc; I think the level of investment required to renovate the JH would far, far exceed any financial rewards for the club and so I can't see it ever happening.....

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: grandad on September 09, 2021, 08:50:06 PM
I always thought that it was only the red brick façade & sandstone decoration that is listed & not the roof or interior of the stand. Both of which are not terribly old.

The roof structure is original, they had to replace the old roof cladding for safety reasons, there's a few new rooms added over the years in the undercroft & wooden seats replacing benches in the 50s, apart from that it's pretty much unchanged from when it was built
They rebuilt the two missing end turret type things in the Fayed refurb

junior white

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on September 10, 2021, 03:07:27 AM
Quote from: grandad on September 09, 2021, 08:50:06 PM
I always thought that it was only the red brick façade & sandstone decoration that is listed & not the roof or interior of the stand. Both of which are not terribly old.

The roof structure is original, they had to replace the old roof cladding for safety reasons, there's a few new rooms added over the years in the undercroft & wooden seats replacing benches in the 50s, apart from that it's pretty much unchanged from when it was built
They rebuilt the two missing end turret type things in the Fayed refurb
As it is a listed building do you not have to use original materials or the replacement there of which you are then advised to use by those that list buildings? Which means it would still carry the originality and look authentic?

mrmicawbers

No structural engineer but I would have thought replacing the load bearing walls with steels would open things up and allow reconfiguration of the stand.I will assume the current shop will be over in the Riverside,giving more space for us.Just need to make it fit for purpose.

Kemosabe

Need to sandblast the FXPro logo off the Putney and Hammersmith Ends.  They're still getting a lot of value from that piece of sponsorship as planes fly over on approach to Heathrow.  Bet they stopped paying for it years ago!

JEEVES

Quote from: Kemosabe on September 10, 2021, 09:13:01 PM
Need to sandblast the FXPro logo off the Putney and Hammersmith Ends.  They're still getting a lot of value from that piece of sponsorship as planes fly over on approach to Heathrow.  Bet they stopped paying for it years ago!

you're so right it looks rubbish. How have they not got rid of that yet.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: JEEVES on September 10, 2021, 09:23:31 PM

Very easy to drape a banner over the said stands even if just says welcome to Fulham Football Club.Missed opportunity. I sell printed banner material for a living.

_Putney_

would be fascinating to somehow calculate exactly how much money it's earned them since the sponsorship ended

Statto

Quote from: mrmicawbers on September 10, 2021, 10:18:53 PM
Quote from: JEEVES on September 10, 2021, 09:23:31 PM

Very easy to drape a banner over the said stands even if just says welcome to Fulham Football Club.Missed opportunity. I sell printed banner material for a living.

It used to say vist Florida. Which was after FXPro. So not sure why it now says FXPro

Roberty

Quote from: junior white on September 10, 2021, 08:27:44 AM
As it is a listed building do you not have to use original materials or the replacement there of which you are then advised to use by those that list buildings? Which means it would still carry the originality and look authentic?

Briefly - NO - you have to do whatever English Heritage tell you to do, you need their consent for everything.

I the part I've been told to retain a perfectly ugly and badly constructed 1930's oak fire-surround in an otherwise pristine 1850's building, rather than replace it with a period original salvaged from another building.

The reason given - the ugly alteration was an example of how the building had been altered over time.

I can still see it when I pass by the building and it still looks UGLY
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

HillingdonFFC

Latest updates on the official. Can see the pool going on

Riversider

The pool will be ready for use in December !

Fernhurst

Can I get the job as official ice breaker??
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

WhiteJC

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Riversider on September 13, 2021, 01:52:52 PM
The pool will be ready for use in December !

The video placed a lot of emphasis on getting the pool completed quickly, although getting in fans seems to be the last stage.

Woolly Mammoth

Glad to hear they have their priorities right.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

mrmicawbers

They probably have more chance. In getting the health club going quicker than opening the whole stand.The health club would ideally be open for January for obvious reasons.

gang

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 14, 2021, 10:43:58 AM

Pool half full or half empty Woolly?
Are you part of the experiment to bring back the Woolly Mammoth?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: gang on September 14, 2021, 12:54:33 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 14, 2021, 10:43:58 AM

Pool half full or half empty Woolly?
Are you part of the experiment to bring back the Woolly Mammoth?

I am actually helping to orchestrate the revival of the Hairy Elephant and have been active and instrumental over the centuries to ensure us Mammothus Primigenious stage a dramatic comeback of Biblical Proportions.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.