watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Value Of The Fulham Team

Started by filham, June 06, 2019, 06:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill taylors apprentice

We went down last time in such disarray, both on and off the pitch that any comparison to the squad this time is pointless.

The supposed or even the real value of our squad (based on individuals players value) is pointless if the balance is not right and that's got to be put right in this transfer window before we start thinking about promotion.

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 07, 2019, 06:51:35 AM
Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on June 07, 2019, 06:29:48 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 07, 2019, 01:07:06 AM
Quote from: Andy S on June 07, 2019, 12:43:12 AM
And we won't know for a few weeks yet

I think Scott Parker should play the first four games with the players definitely staying and that may mean playing the first game with a front three of Kebano, Fonte and Atyie.

Sounds like an excellent plan for getting us relegated. Kebano+Ayite at Africa Cup of Nations, missing preseason, returning two weeks before the start of the Championship. Fonte = completely useless, and not just for us, 1 goal in 18 matches for Lille this season... he needs to be sold and replaced ASAP!

Rui Fonte played 18 matches for a team that qualified for Champions League, and was a substitute in all of the last five matches (i.e. NOT USELESS).

The "Sell the old player and Replace with a new player Model" is flawed, too often the player we sell is better than the replacement. I think we should "Buy a new player, Replace the old player and then Sell the worse player".

Nobody noticed my mistake so I'll correct it myself: Togo not qualified for AFCON so Ayite should be here for preseason.

I still think Fonte is useless though. 1 goal in 18 matches for a WINNING team is very poor for a striker. Half the members of this forum could probably have done better. But most importantly, Fonte was extremely poor for us in the Championship too and has shown no signs of improving whatsoever.

filham

I think Scott Parker should play the first four games with the players definitely staying and that may mean playing the first game with a front three of Kebano, Fonte and Atyie.
Oh no, Fonte has shown beyond any reasonable doubt that he is not a Championship striker, When Sess and Mitrovic leave it is essential that big money is spent wisely on two good wide man and a new striker. Trying to make do with existing front men that we have left is likely to result in the longest goal famine ever experienced at the Cottage.

JoelH5

Quote from: filham on June 07, 2019, 06:22:54 PM

Oh no, Fonte has shown beyond any reasonable doubt that he is not a Championship striker, When Sess and Mitrovic leave it is essential that big money is spent wisely on two good wide man and a new striker. Trying to make do with existing front men that we have left is likely to result in the longest goal famine ever experienced at the Cottage.

As well as a Rb and a CB! We need to get moving!!!!
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Twig

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 07, 2019, 07:57:15 AM
Quote from: Twig on June 07, 2019, 07:41:41 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 07, 2019, 07:13:43 AM
Quote from: hovewhite on June 07, 2019, 06:56:55 AM
Tk buying players is the problem!

I disagree, its not keeping players that is the problem. The "Sell and Replace Model" doesn't work too well, when you sell a player for a decent price and then the player you intended to be the replacement gets an better offer (from a recently promoted team) and you have to buy a player you heard of yesterday.

Examples of useful squad players we would be better if we still had, GK: Rico, Button; DF: Fredricks, Kalas, Nordtveit, Dan Burn, Malone, Targett; MF: Chambers, Norwood, Mousa Dembélé, Ojo, Piazon; FW: Vietto, Babel, Aluko, Roberts, Martin and Moussa Dembele.

Your argument was somewhat persuasive until you tried to suggest that Fonte is anything other than useless. And then compounded your sin by saying that TK is not the problem. Doh!

Last time, we got relegated eight other teams had more valuable squads (ours worth 39m) and we were breaking FFP rules for paying more for our players than any other team. Next Season, we will go into the Championship will the most valuable squad by some distance (>130m)and expected to compile with FFP and going less broke.

I would have thought "The Khans" deserve some credit for that. Other than the first season of complete mismanagement we have improved and my understanding that season was left to the football experts without Khan interference. Sure, we have had far from the best management but only Wolves, Brighton and Bournemouth have overtaken us in term of squad value and we have overtaken Wigan, Bolton, Sunderland, Hull, QPR, Stoke, Swansea, West Brom and Middlesbough.

"Other than the first season of complete mismanagement we have improved". Not really, we have been relegated twice and are currently one division below the level we were at when purchased. But you miss my point; I was not attacking " the Khans' (some generic concept for the entire family?), I was simply disagreeing with your view that TK p's transfer exploits are not a key problem.