watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

When did

Started by H4usuallysitting, June 07, 2019, 07:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Reach out replace contact....educator replace teacher, and matchday 6 replace 6th game....is it me

bobbo

I'm with you mate. I can only say we probably said an say things our parents thought the same,
Classic example my daughter , lived in OZ for 23 years now and on the deli counter sham asks can I get some cheese , prawns etc , not can I have.
VERY ANNOYING.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Twig

Not only you. I get a bit pee'ed off with these unnecessary revisions of the English language. New words for new concepts I'm fine with but not unnecessary changes.

Burt

My latest pet-hate in the world of business jargon is "let's unpack this", in place of "let's look in to this in a bit more detail".

Ugh.

sunburywhite

Lets Blue Sky over this
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

bog

'From minute 1'....or 'you guys'.....

092.gif

I Ronic

The phrase "enhanced user experience" gets on my tits.

H4usuallysitting

Gig economy replace exploitation

Holders

Quote from: bobbo on June 07, 2019, 08:04:32 PM
I'm with you mate. I can only say we probably said an say things our parents thought the same,
Classic example my daughter , lived in OZ for 23 years now and on the deli counter sham asks can I get some cheese , prawns etc , not can I have.
VERY ANNOYING.

Precisely, like beginning replies with "so", instead of "well". That's crept in over the last few years as well and I even hear adults saying it.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Cambridge Pete

"I hear what your saying". Does this translate to. "I don't care about your opinion".

filham

No Prob. instead of yes that will be alright.

But remember Shakespear had similar complaints with the many new phrases he introduced, the English language is forever developing.

Andy S

I'm sure we all sound like fuddy duddies (eh!) but the English language has always changed/evolved and is able to take in  new words and expressions. It will continue to do so

Russianrob

"Awesome". I've told people a hundred million times not to exaggerate by just using this word!

bog

Quote from: I Ronic on June 08, 2019, 09:58:24 AM
The phrase "enhanced user experience" gets on my tits.

If I had a pair that would certainly get on them.

Twig

Can I get a Cappuccino? Sure the machines over there, help yourself.

Dodger53

Where did 'can I get' when ordering something come from? All our (grown up) kids use it.

and when I go to the bar...... are you all right? yes thank you, just wondering if there was anyone who will serve me a drink!  You could have said can I help you or what would you like but no ..are you all right, where did that come from?

ALG01

My fav topic that unites us all
Pet hates
These are my learns instead of i learned
Ahead of the game instead of before
Ongoing instead of continuing
Rosta instead of squad
False number nine instead of smaller central striker
Third man running instead of i am an idiot that does notunderstand football
Epl instead of prem
Cuz
Fam
Bro
Innit
I gettcha
Talking with that stupid croydonish accent that makes kids sound slightly dense
Other stuff too that will come back later

ALG01

Quote from: Dodger53 on June 08, 2019, 09:03:56 PM
Where did 'can I get' when ordering something come from? All our (grown up) kids use it.

and when I go to the bar...... are you all right? yes thank you, just wondering if there was anyone who will serve me a drink!  You could have said can I help you or what would you like but no ..are you all right, where did that come from?

Can i get is a massive pet hate.... please may i have is so much nicer

Are we all getting old and cantankerous

Woolly Mammoth

" This ", what on earth does that mean, has the world left me behind.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

You lot are a bunch of misery's. Live and let live I say it makes life much easier