watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sessegnon.. what do you think?

Started by JoelH5, June 07, 2019, 07:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

I won't make any assumptions until we find out the price but if Ryan goes for anything under 20 mill he's facilited Spurs shafting us with this rejected contract news. Let's see what happens...
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Twig

I can't believe he will go for less than 20mil. I still think other clubs will show serious interest so the competition should crank up the final sale price a little.

RP24

Quote from: Twig on June 07, 2019, 08:02:38 PM
I can't believe he will go for less than 20mil. I still think other clubs will show serious interest so the competition should crank up the final sale price a little.

We'd be stupid to sell for £20m, look at united they've just signed James for £18m from Swansea, he's 21 and only scored 4 goals in the championship. Sess is 19 and scored in the premier and champ. I'd say £30m isn't unreasonable

JoelH5

Quote from: Robertprocter1 on June 07, 2019, 11:07:15 PM
Quote from: Twig on June 07, 2019, 08:02:38 PM

We'd be stupid to sell for £20m, look at united they've just signed James for £18m from Swansea, he's 21 and only scored 4 goals in the championship. Sess is 19 and scored in the premier and champ. I'd say £30m isn't unreasonable

That's assuming Tottenham care what's reasonable. They have no reason to.

H4usuallysitting

Why sell him.....make him see out his contract....if he helps us get out of the championship then £20m would be insignificant

Andy S

Levy plays dirty. He has spent money on a new ground and expects us to pay for it

JoelH5

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on June 08, 2019, 12:12:52 AM
Why sell him.....make him see out his contract....if he helps us get out of the championship then £20m would be insignificant

Yeah exactly. It's worth it

The Rational Fan

Ryan Sessegnon will be leaving Fulham this transfer window, if David Levy isn't the highest bidder the sone other team will be. If Tottenham get outbid on Sessegnon, then it's committed to being a Top Six Club but not a Top Four Club. Don't be surprised if ManCity end up getting Sessegnon to replace Delph (he is only a backup left back) or Liverpool.

BernieBoy

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 08, 2019, 04:40:01 AM
Ryan Sessegnon will be leaving Fulham this transfer window, if David Levy isn't the highest bidder the sone other team will be. If Tottenham get outbid on Sessegnon, then it's committed to being a Top Six Club but not a Top Four Club. Don't be surprised if ManCity end up getting Sessegnon to replace Delph (he is only a backup left back) or Liverpool.

Does anyone actually believe Sess is a left back? He has shown he has a knack of scoring goals and ghosting in at the back stick, just like Sterling now does at City. He is a LW in a front 3 and could play wing back in a 5, but not LB in a 4.

toshes mate

Yesterday the media were reporting - with no direct quotes - that RS has set his heart upon joining Spurs and will not sign a new contract.  If it's true, and it's admittedly a big if, then it is already game over since any player can insist upon their chosen move and run their contract down if a selling club will not play along.  Effectively that means the buyer has no competition and can virtually fashion a 'realistic' offer.

Would RS sign a new contract with FFC with a suitable release clause should promotion not be achieved in this coming season (a situation that may be clearer by mid-season) or is he going to run the contract down if FFC refuse to release him?  The real question is, as ever, what RS wants, and I am not sure anyone actually knows the answer to that.       

hovewhite

Would turn down 20 million straight away and play him till contract expires as he's proven in EFL .

Fernhurst

Quote from: hovewhite on June 08, 2019, 08:26:46 AM
Would turn down 20 million straight away and play him till contract expires as he's proven in EFL .

Is that realistic ?

Will Ryan put heart and soul into another season knowing we blocked his big move?
Ryan wants to remain in London so currently Levy is stripping us in front of everyone.
Being brutally real we need accept what's offered.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

I Ronic

I think it's down to brinksmanship now. The Club could hold out hoping spuds don't land their other targets and risk losing their manager. Downside is Levy could drop the price the longer the deal goes on. Interest from other clubs bidding would help spice up the deal.

hovewhite

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 08, 2019, 09:57:24 AM
Quote from: hovewhite on June 08, 2019, 08:26:46 AM

Is that realistic ?

Will Ryan put heart and soul into another season knowing we blocked his big move?
Ryan wants to remain in London so currently Levy is stripping us in front of everyone.
Being brutally real we need accept what's offered.
Fenhiurst,i believe he would knowing that end of the season he gets a move he wants and a nice signing on fee.
If we got 20 million and a loan back for a season with spurs paying his wages I would take that.

Fernhurst

Quote from: I Ronic on June 08, 2019, 10:04:23 AM
I think it's down to brinksmanship now. The Club could hold out hoping spuds don't land their other targets and risk losing their manager. Downside is Levy could drop the price the longer the deal goes on. Interest from other clubs bidding would help spice up the deal.

Eminently sensible post. It would please me immensely if Levy does come under pressure from his manager and decides to pay a fairer rate to get him over the line. 25mill tops. 
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

JoelH5

This whole situation is embarrassing. We're saying we'd take 20/25 for Ryan now. I know he didnt have a great season but it was 50+ last year. He isn't bigger than the club. We should not let Spurs bully us under any circumstances. Keep him if needed.

Fulham76

Us fans will  never know the fee. Everything with Fulham is undisclosed.

Lyle from Hangeland

If someone offered $50 million for him last year, FFC for sure should have sold him and made a huge mistake in not selling him. Regardless, they should sell him now if what they're offered is more than what the club values Ryan at. I think the Elliott kid will be an upgrade and can replace him.

@jolslover

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on June 08, 2019, 01:26:34 PM
If someone offered $50 million for him last year, FFC for sure should have sold him and made a huge mistake in not selling him. Regardless, they should sell him now if what they're offered is more than what the club values Ryan at. I think the Elliott kid will be an upgrade and can replace him.

You've come to this conclusion from 15 minutes against Newcastle ??
STH H3

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I think that people are expecting too much and must take into account that Sess is in the last year of his contract.
Yes we could take the gamble of insisting that he plays out his final season but is that a gamble any sensible business person should take?
£50million was quoted last season but do we realistically believe that this amount was actually true?
Bearing in mind that he is in the last year of his contract £20million would not be an unreasonable bid and it would be nice to push that to £25million with add ons and sell on arrangements.
I am sorry to disagree with some quotes on here but anything higher will be very unlikely.