more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Recruitment same as last season apparently

Started by Dodger53, June 12, 2019, 09:33:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

David I

Same old same old....... I don't know why I waste my time reading the same thing.
Nothing will change with TK as DoF.

Some mone about Mike Ashley... I'd rather Ashley scrimping and saving with Rafa at the helm than this TK goon.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Woolly Mammoth

Agree with the level headed comments from all on here. Nothing more to be said about this arrogant individual, and the nicest word I can find to describe him and his ilk that is printable on this Forum, is absolutely   " DELUDED ". 🆘
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Statto

As a frequent "moaner" on here I should point out that, particularly given the ambition shown in the transfer market last summer and the commencement of work on the Riverside, I'm becoming increasingly comfortable that Shahid Khan is a good, well-intentioned chairman and custodian of this club.

My complaints these days purely concern his son, who has no grounds for working, in any capacity, in professional football, and who just isn't the type of person who'll ever fit the decent, humble, elegant nature of this club 

KJS

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 12, 2019, 07:09:54 PM
Agree with the level headed comments from all on here. Nothing more to be said about this arrogant individual, and the nicest word I can find to describe him and his ilk that is printable on this Forum, is absolutely   " DELUDED ". 🆘

Arrogant individual ?? Well I suppose it take one to know one  :doh:

@jolslover

Quote from: Baszab on June 12, 2019, 11:39:31 AM
I know that in KS' first season in charge - he and the scouting team presented a list of about 20 targets including proven Championship players - this list was binned by TK and KS was given new "targets"

I am sure SP now doesn't need to bother - as usual he will be given the list by TK - who knows less than my grandma on the correct players to bring in

Don't believe this for a second. The season Kit was in charge we ONLY signed proven championship players and that's why we did so badly. - In hindsight probably more down to his ability as a coach than the players signed.
Every window since then TK has been in charge and the type of players we have signed has been different. I am not having one bit that the season Kit was in charge TK had anything to do with recruitment baring in mind all the signings were British and had played in the Championship.
STH H3

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: KJS on June 12, 2019, 08:35:21 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 12, 2019, 07:09:54 PM

Arrogant individual ?? Well I suppose it take one to know one  :doh:

I shall take that as a compliment, and I have to say that I am truly sorry 075.gif your not feeling well, and it is not very nice for you to having suffered from foot and mouth disease, especially when only the foot has cleared up.  :clap_hands:

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Baszab on June 12, 2019, 11:39:31 AM
I know that in KS' first season in charge - he and the scouting team presented a list of about 20 targets including proven Championship players - this list was binned by TK and KS was given new "targets"

I am sure SP now doesn't need to bother - as usual he will be given the list by TK - who knows less than my grandma on the correct players to bring in
You are probably right, but let´s hope for once you are wrong! Since the end of the season I have/am trying to try and live life on a positive basis, rarely posting on here and when I do, not the usual negative comments, they will probably start again when the new season starts which will probably be long before our recruitment program starts, having missed the boat again!

I hope we are both wrong!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

The Rock

Bring back that stats guy Kline or Klein - you know, the Apple records guy.

Really appreciate the comments, Stato, Sabertooth, Dodge53, southcoast.

Clubs fall on hard times. We fall on dumb times.

When we hit the 3 bulls in the dart board, feel free to tell me/us how stupid we were.

Where is rational fan? He's on the "payroll". Why hasn't he posted?

The Rational Fan

People say Fulham recruitment last summer was moronic, but when you ask what Aston Villa should do in the summer they suggest buying at least 12 players.

Twig

Last season's summer window was desperately poor; we lacked a clear strategy so players (some decent and some poor) were bought/ loaned willy nilly, far too many were brought in too late so they had zero chance to assimilate, yet again we bought a player carrying an injury (do we never learn?), we failed to focus on the key positions and spread our intake across positions which were not a priority for strengthening and in so doing damaged the morale of the squad that got s promoted.
A complete disaster, is it any wonder I want to see TK removed as DoF?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Twig on June 13, 2019, 05:27:26 AM
Last season's summer window was desperately poor; we lacked a clear strategy so players (some decent and some poor) were bought/ loaned willy nilly, far too many were brought in too late so they had zero chance to assimilate, yet again we bought a player carrying an injury (do we never learn?), we failed to focus on the key positions and spread our intake across positions which were not a priority for strengthening and in so doing damaged the morale of the squad that got s promoted.

If Fulham FCs strategy is so bad, then why are Aston Villa probably going to follow almost the same strategy?

My guess, because Aston Villa (like Fulham FC) doesn't actually have other options. Its impossible for Aston Villa to buy much before the 1st July.

In the summer of 18/19, Fulham FC got 2xGK, 1xRB, 3xCB, 1xLB, 2xCM and 3xFW. What key positions didn't we get?

We have a DoF that the owner believes in (for biased reasons perhaps). If Tony Khan is replaced by a DoF that the owner doesn't believe in, then Fulham is exactly the same position that Sunderland was in 17/18 (with a DoF needing money and owner with money, but the owner not willing to invest more).

Mince n Tatties

We got the key positions, problem is we didn't get
the right players to fill them key positions.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 13, 2019, 06:48:09 AM
We got the key positions, problem is we didn't get
the right players to fill them key positions.

Which players that were at the club on the 1st Jan 2018 contributed the most this season (Betts, Odoi, Ream, KMac, Cairney or Sess)?

Frankly, the lack of contribution of players that have been at the club since Christmas of 2017 is a major problem.

Most recruitment has about a 40% success rate, FFC recruited 12 players and around 4-5 had a decent season (i.e. normal success rate).

The recruitment isn't the main problem, it is that Fulham has become over-reliant on new players to deliver each season (e.g. Mitro and Target in 17/18).

Woolly Mammoth

Spot On Twig.

Never forget your Roots.

Statto

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 13, 2019, 06:39:39 AM
If Fulham FCs strategy is so bad, then why are Aston Villa probably going to follow almost the same strategy?

Let's see it they do. Specifically, let's see how many of the following they do:

- Sign 2 x new GKs
- Buy or re-loan no more than 1 of their current loanees
- Sign 5 players on deadline day
- Make more signings in August than in June and July combined
- Spend a majority of their money on players who've never played in England

FYI, so far they've already signed Jota from Birmingham and made the loan of El Ghazi permanent.

Woolly Mammoth

My guess, because Aston Villa (like Fulham FC) doesn't actually have other options. Its impossible for Aston Villa to buy much before the 1st July.

In the summer of 18/19, Fulham FC got 2xGK, 1xRB, 3xCB, 1xLB, 2xCM and 3xFW. What key positions didn't we get?

We have a DoF that the owner believes in (for biased reasons perhaps). If Tony Khan is replaced by a DoF that the owner doesn't believe in, then Fulham is exactly the same position that Sunderland was in 17/18 (with a DoF needing money and owner with money, but the owner not willing to invest more).

You need to resign from Fulhams Board ASAP and with immediate effect, like yesterday. Before it's too late. In fact on reflection it is already too late.

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on June 13, 2019, 07:53:29 AM

Let's see it they do. Specifically, let's see how many of the following they do:

- Sign 2 x new GKs
- Buy or re-loan no more than 1 of their current loanees
- Sign 5 players on deadline day
- Make more signings in August than in June and July combined
- Spend a majority of their money on players who've never played in England

FYI, so far they've already signed Jota from Birmingham and made the loan of El Ghazi permanent.

True, I think point two "Buying only one of the 17/18 loanees" is too often under-emphasised and a major major mistake, because frankly if we signed most of the five best loanees (Kalas, Norwood, Targett, Piazon and Mitro); then "point three - numerous deadline signings", "point four - no early signings", "point five - most of the new players at the club have no english experience" and even "point one - too many goalkeepers" wouldn't have been major problems. The massive lack of contribution from the players of the 17/18 season, partly due to not hiring loanees is critical to FFC problems.

junior white

i personally didnt expect anything to change, may have hoped for some changes but didnt expect it.

What I worry about more is how many players will we need to buy, we have 8 payers leaving either end of loan or end of contract from the 25 (Rico, Chambers, Fosu-Mensah, Nordviet, Markovic, Babel, Schrulle and Vietto), 3 returning from loan (Stef Jo, Fonte, AK) so from the 25 listed on the offal that means we have a squad of 20. If we assume 2 are sold (Lets say Sess and Mitro but could be any 2) that takes us to 18. So we would need to get 7 players in. Again that is quite a lot. 3 or 4 could be youngsters if they are good enough so then its only 3 which isnt so bad, but that does depend on if they are good enough. Scotty P only players 1 or 2 so could mean 5 players needed.