watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scotland Women- victim of terrible referreeing, WWC

Started by RaySmith, June 14, 2019, 03:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

Another very soft pen given against Scotland in the Womens' World Cup, and then denied a clear pen, and another shout as good as the ones given against them, for handball, which would have made the result 2-2 , instead of 2-1 to Japan. So much for VAR meaning fairer results. Grrrr!!!!

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Some fast players and plenty of effort but no real quality -goal excepted.
Similar to the England game Japan should have been out of sight first half.

RaySmith

But still very badly done by re pen decisions. Scotland should have has about three, while Japan's was debatable at best, and given after VAR - not used for any  of the Scottish pen shouts.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I am not anti-Scotland but the funny thing is that I shouted penalty as soon as the incident occurred.
Pre-VAR there would be plenty of games where it would have been given without hesitation.

RaySmith

I thought it soft on immediate viewing, and VAR showed it at best only a technical foul - ie she put her hand on her back wih no pressure, but the player dived, whereas I did shout out at two of the late Scotland pen shouts, and they weren't even granted VAR.

And that's allied to the  pen for England v Scotland, for a 'technical ' handball, based on the new  'unnatural body position rule 'which was a complete  joke, and probably would never have been granted but for VAR.

Scotland very unlucky with ref decisions, which were ********terrible imo.

Nero

there's been some terrible VAR decision the French plenty the other day, the French player jumps in 2 footed on the ball, goes on the air and hit Norway player on the arm and gets the plenty after being reviewed 

toshes mate

Terrible referees and officials, be they on the pitch or sat in front of TV monitors, are terrible, period.  The reasons why they are so poor is because the game is not injecting support via any number of key measures into grass roots developments (i.e. the very important base of any sport).  One day the elites of football will start choking on all the money they have blindly, selfishly, and greedily accumulated or squandered and scream ' f..o..u..l' but nobody competent to make a judgement will be around to help them out.  They will have gotten exactly what they deserve.

Bill2

Blatant penalty for Scotland, the Japanese one was soft, similar to the Liverpool one at Fulham this year.

bobbo

Quote from: Bill2 on June 15, 2019, 11:00:07 AM
Blatant penalty for Scotland, the Japanese one was soft, similar to the Liverpool one at Fulham this year.
Bill , like you FFC runing through my veins, but, so many dont think that tug by rico was a pen . IT MOST CERTAINLY WAS, trouble is we are used to those situations being a bit 50/50 , he had his hand on his shoulder and tugged albeit slight , it just is contrary to the laws of the game , its a shame it was against us on this occasion but i would like to see more decosions like it.
1975 just leaving home full of hope