watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Boxing Day Away

Started by KeenCottager, June 13, 2019, 08:57:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeenCottager

Looks like Chelsea are at home again boxing day - where will we end up?

They are away on NYD so we should be at home...

junior white

premier league games take precedence which is why they are announced a week before the Football League fixtures. I expected to be away as we were almost (if not all) seasons when we were in the championship before

KJS

Nothing new there still I don't mind as I won't have to drive up to the cottage with a hangover 👍

MikeTheCubed

The fixture computer seems awfully kind to Chelsea in this regard whenever Fulham aren't in the top flight.

Wouldn't mind it so much if we were drawn away to QPR, Brentford, Millwall or Charlton etc.

Mince n Tatties

That's 6 out of last 7 seasons isn't it that the scum
have been given home tie at boxing day.😤

junior white

because we are in the championship and prem take priority, used to be you could request your preference for boxing day and easter, but even then prem takes precedence. Not sure you can still request a preference.

RP24

I'm probably the one of the few, but I hate a boxing day home game. Coming from a family of divorce Boxing day is often the day i see the other side of the family, so I'm happy when we don't have a home game. In fact even when we have a home boxing day game I will often skip it (even though I hate missing a home game)

Wolf

Excellent. Football shouldn't be played on Boxing Day. People have families.

Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Dr Know

Why wait till Boxing Day to see the family , surely you can see them anytime of the year !

ALG01

All three promoted sides away from home first day and two have ridiculously tough games.
Something fishy here.

Syd Cupp

By my guess from looking at the Chelsea fixtures this may be most of our fixture dates home and away

Saturday 17th August A           Saturday 24th August H           Saturday 31st August  A
Saturday 14th September H     Saturday 21st September A      Saturday 28th September A
Saturday 5th October H           Saturday 19th October A          Saturday 26th October H
Saturday 2nd November H       Saturday 9th November  A       Saturday 23rd November H        Saturday 30th November A       Saturday 7th December  H       Saturday 14th December A      Saturday 21st December H         Thursday 26th December A     Saturday 28th December H

Wednesday 1st January H       Saturday 11th January A           Saturday 18th January H           Wednesday 22nd January A
Saturday 1st February H         Saturday 8th February A           Saturday 22nd February A          Saturday 29th February H
Saturday 7th March A             Saturday 14th March H             Saturday 21st March A
Saturday 4th April H               Saturday 11th April A               Saturday 18th April H                  Saturday 25th April H
Saturday 2nd May A               Saturday 9th May H

Andy S

I love Boxing Day home fixtures. Even an away game close by wouldn't be bad. It is not so good when the underground is closed though