watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Club Call

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 16, 2019, 11:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Did anyone else get in trouble from Mum and Dad for using this premium rate service?

Back in the day, before social media, even Forums, the only way to get FFC information, was either the daily paper, Teletext, or Fulham Club Call.

First appeared around 1986, remember it being around £1 per minute, went on for ages, but left all the stuff until the end.

What were your memories of Fulham Club Call?

RaySmith

I did used to use it - what a ripoff, but we were so desperate for up to date information.

My wife wasn't too happy when the phone bill came in!!!!

Now we take it for granted that we can get all this information  for free.

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Woolly Mammoth

Yes it certainly was expensive. They always said " we will bring you bang up to date news ", then spent the next five minutes talking Cobblers ".
Although I remember finding out about Peter Beardsley on there when he was in the process of signing.
If my wife had found out, I would have been Court Marshalled and reduced to the ranks.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Yes I did use it a little but with an eye on my watch, it really was a rip off.

70sPimlico

I remember being on a "loving" weekend with a then girlfriend in Brighton when we had the away leg against Bristol Rovers in the play off game. I kept sneaking off to a phone box with handfulls of coins getting increasingly depressed

70sPimlico

mrmicawbers

A friend of mine got drunk and fell asleep with it on a Loop.Got a ridiculous bill but managed to get it reduced when he explained what had happened

Fernhurst

Lucky I worked for BT and LucKy never got caught!
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Camel Club

Called it repeatedly from my desk at the Civil Service department I worked for at the time. As the Govermment of the day could and should have stepped in to stop what was happenning to our club I thought it was the least they could do.

Andy S

Some people on BT set up their own premium rate lines an phoned them throughout the day. They got caught as higher management found out because BT had to pay a percentage to the people who set up these lines. I've no idea if anyone ever made money from these lines but it was little short of extortion for the poor old punter. I wonder what happened to Ken Myers. He wasn't the most talented guy but he knew how to keep people hanging on the line for nothing. 0898 12 11 98 I wonder what happens if you ring it now. Is club call still in existence ?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Andy S on June 16, 2019, 10:30:46 PM
Some people on BT set up their own premium rate lines an phoned them throughout the day. They got caught as higher management found out because BT had to pay a percentage to the people who set up these lines. I've no idea if anyone ever made money from these lines but it was little short of extortion for the poor old punter. I wonder what happened to Ken Myers. He wasn't the most talented guy but he knew how to keep people hanging on the line for nothing. 0898 12 11 98 I wonder what happens if you ring it now. Is club call still in existence ?

After an extensive investigation which has taken the best part of 15 years. They have traced it back to mince & tatties Shed in his back garden. They found a false wall and a tunnel that led straight to his seat in the JH Stand.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.