watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How Many Fulham Sales Records Are To Be Broken

Started by filham, June 16, 2019, 02:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Last summer Fulham reportedly spent £100m on new players, now rumours are suggesting a numberof these big money buys will be leaving us . It seems there could be interest for Sess., Seri, Mitrovic and Anguissi, the money spent last summer should be recouped by the sale of these four surely.

It has been said that money for Sess could be limited because there is only a year left on his contract, providing there is competition for his signature this need not be the case, Chelsea have just secured £130m for Hazzard with only a year left on his contract.

So who will become the player to bring in the record amount in a transfer fee for us Sess or Mitro.

I will guess at £30m Sess. and £35m Mitro. I will be sad in both cases as we are unlikely to spend the money well.

Woolly Mammoth

That is a huge concern, I would rather keep certain players like Mitro, but if we have to sell him which is disappointing news, it's where that money will end up could magnify the disappointment ten fold.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: filham on June 16, 2019, 02:20:20 PM
Last summer Fulham reportedly spent £100m on new players, now rumours are suggesting a numberof these big money buys will be leaving us . It seems there could be interest for Sess., Seri, Mitrovic and Anguissi, the money spent last summer should be recouped by the sale of these four surely.

It has been said that money for Sess could be limited because there is only a year left on his contract, providing there is competition for his signature this need not be the case, Chelsea have just secured £130m for Hazzard with only a year left on his contract.

So who will become the player to bring in the record amount in a transfer fee for us Sess or Mitro.

I will guess at £30m Sess. and £35m Mitro. I will be sad in both cases as we are unlikely to spend the money well.

My man... did Ryan Sessegnon play like Eden Hazard last season? It isn't just a matter of the one year left on the contract, but the player's own performance. Sessegnon's value has suffered a bit because he did not perform well last season. And because he didn't perform well last season Fulham probably won't get the tidy sum he might actually be worth. This is also down to the fact that Ryan himself chose not to extend his contract with Fulham, which gives Fulham poor leverage against teams coming in for him, because Fulham has to sell him now to get any cash value from him.

Riversider

Never ever has there been an U21 Championship so important to Fulham Football Club as the one taking place this summer , starting in a few days time,
Let's not beat about the bush,  Ryan Sessegnon was woeful last season, borne out by the fact that his value has plummeted in the last 12 months, and the fact that there's not exactly a host of clubs fighting for his signature is there ?
These next few weeks Sessegnon is competing against players of his own age group, it's imperative to Fulham Football Club that he shines like a diamond , if he doesn't we will be lucky if we get £10 million for him, every top club in Europe will have representatives at the tournament,  we all need to hope beyond hope that Sessegnon is a star.

Tabby

From all reports I've seen, Tottenham are bidding around £25 million, the negotiations are for more than that. The doom and gloom around here is immense.

Andy S

Sess could have easily have been deliberately playing below par. It is obvious that a lower price helps a move. Whatever we get is irrelevant the thing is he needs to be moved on and we need to spend any money we get on a replacement. Only the club knows what is being offered and whether it is acceptable.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: Andy S on June 16, 2019, 10:17:20 PM
Sess could have easily have been deliberately playing below par. It is obvious that a lower price helps a move. Whatever we get is irrelevant the thing is he needs to be moved on and we need to spend any money we get on a replacement. Only the club knows what is being offered and whether it is acceptable.

Come on. Really?
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Twig

You are taking the pi33 right? Sess is no way the sort to "deliberately play below par".  He may be looking for a move now but he and his family are obviously FFC people and he is clearly a principled and decent young man. What arrant nonsense.

Sting of the North

To think that you have to believe that Sess is both a really shitty character (doing that to the team and fans) as well as an idiot (since his poor play would also obviously be a disadvantage in any salary negotiations, and if the intentional part was uncovered his bad character would also make many clubs hesitant to bring him in). I don't think he is either.

I also think he is ambitious, and I don't think you get where he is without having that desire to perform.

toshes mate

I really don't get some people. Is RS the first teenaged player to have shifted from borderline brilliant to something well below that over a longer than any rather meaningless short term measure? Football and sport generally is full of chancers on both the ups and the downs.  He is measuring up what for him is the most important decision he has faced and we simply do not know what his answer will be since I believe he wants to be sure what FFC are going to do to back up their claims of instant rebound to the PL.  The lad has seen the instability at FFC under the Khans with his own eyes.  They can't see it but he can and good for him.  We do not yet know who else may be going through the exit doors for whatever reasons and that may a play a big part in who else follows them.  The Khans have forsaken stability for panic many times before and it's an unhealthy condition that has a habit of recurring.

Andy S

Well his attitude clearly was not right last season. I never accused him I said "could" . To dismiss it totally shows a naivety among some on here. He could have been instructed... again I am not accusing I am suggesting. As I don't know the guy personally I couldn't possibly say

Sting of the North

Quote from: Andy S on June 17, 2019, 09:35:03 AM
Well his attitude clearly was not right last season. I never accused him I said "could" . To dismiss it totally shows a naivety among some on here. He could have been instructed... again I am not accusing I am suggesting. As I don't know the guy personally I couldn't possibly say

It was not clear to me that his attitude was not right, so maybe it was not as clear as you believe. He did look short of confidence at times though, in my opinion.

And sure, in the sense that basically anyone "could" have done anything for whatever reason at any time, sure he could. It still makes no sense whatsoever in my mind though, and I completely fail to see where you are coming from with these non-accusations.

The Rational Fan

There is still talk about 28 yo Seri getting £10-15 million for a player that has at most 3-5 years left at the top level. Ryan Sessegnon has around 10-15 years left (3x times as long) in his career so surely commanding 2.5x times the price tag (i.e. £25 million to £38 million). If this u21 tournament proves he will be much better than Seri at his best, then look for the price to climb higher and higher. Frankly, Ryan Sessegnon is a great investment who is well ahead of Danny Rose at the same age.

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 17, 2019, 10:17:32 AM
There is still talk about 28 yo Seri getting £10-15 million for a player that has at most 3-5 years left at the top level. Ryan Sessegnon has around 10-15 years left (3x times as long) in his career so surely commanding 2.5x times the price tag (i.e. £25 million to £38 million). If this u21 tournament proves he will be much better than Seri at his best, then look for the price to climb higher and higher. Frankly, Ryan Sessegnon is a great investment who is well ahead of Danny Rose at the same age.

Yes, Ryan is well ahead of Danny Rose at the same age. He is actually well ahead of almost all other players of his age ever. However, the buyer also needs to assess what they believe that Ryan's peak to be. Just because you break through early does not mean that you will be better than someone that breaks through late.

fulhamfever

We are minted I really do not care for business etc we have an owner who has enough capital to buy the national stadium. Even if Sess leaves for free

Statto

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 17, 2019, 10:17:32 AM

But that analysis disregards the length of his contract, a major factor in determining his price here.

It's a bit like someone telling me I'll inherit a mansion worth £38m in 12 months for now, then saying I can pay to have it sooner if I like, but it won't be suitable to live in or useful in any other way for several years from now. I'd probably offer them a tenner. Otherwise, just say f*** it I may as well just wait 12 months. 

Statto

Quote from: Tabby on June 16, 2019, 08:43:59 PM
From all reports I've seen, Tottenham are bidding around £25 million, the negotiations are for more than that. The doom and gloom around here is immense.

Yep, no doubt structured as
£5m after 10 England appearance
£5m after 20 England appearances
£5m after 50 PL appearances
£5m after 20 PL goals
£5m after 20 Champions' League appearances
And £4.50 up front.

Tabby

Well then, it is settled. According to the brilliant pundits of this board we'll have to pay Tottenham to take him off our hands as he is awful now and his agent has told him to be even more awful.

Good riddance I guess.