watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bryan Ruiz update

Started by Forever Fulham, June 17, 2019, 07:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Fulham

Still leading the line for his Costa Rica national team.  Saw him and team beat Nicaragua 4-0 the other night.  The Premier League doesn't suit every quality player that's for sure.  You watch him play for his country, even today, and you'd swear he'd be effective for Fulham.  Will always be a mystery to me.

filham

We seem to have had a number of good players from overseas that have proved to be not suitable for English  football.
Lets hope we will be more careful in the next month or so and concentrate more on well proven Championship players.

Penfold

Bryan seemed to be Mr Marmite, some peopled loved him, some hated him. I was actually neutral. Could see he had talent but pace of Premier League seemed to catch him out - needed more time and space than he was allowed.

Would expect him to impress v Nicaragua - a very weak side. This is a rare appearance for them in the Gold Cup.

hovewhite

I'm a fan of Ruiz ,also berba under jol but also loved best & marsh.
I'm just a sad git and for me in the words of the Jam
That's entertainment.

Fernhurst

Was there for his debut v Blackburn (?) 2010 ~~ got caught on the ball half a dozen times..... lovely hair though.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

aaronmcguigan

Could see the talent and the ability, Shame we didn't have a management team capable of getting the best out of him nor to challenge him to have the motivation to do it week In week out.

Speaking of which he would have been ideal to slot in to last years premier league team

Berserker

Quote from: hovewhite on June 17, 2019, 07:58:23 PM
That's entertainment.
Agree

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

ex-Pat

Carborundum

Loved watching him.  Couldn't tackle for toffees, but showed willingness to get himself basically in the way.  Some of his goals were sublime, but perhaps the most surprising thing I ever saw him do was head out three defensive corners in a row.  It was like multiple lightening strikes.

Realistically, you have to build a team around a player like this for them to be effective.  It's limiting and easy for strong well organised teams to counter.  He does well in internationals because often an international team contains some elements thrown together whereas his team has been built around him for a while.

Southdowns White

I always thought of him as a gold rosette winning 'show pony' great at the county fair but definitely a non starter at the Grand National.

filham

That's entertainment.

Best and Marsh were so, so entertaining and at the same time effective and produced goals.

I liked Ruiz, he was skillful and entertaining but not effective. Sorry Ruiz not in the same class as M&B.

hovewhite

Quote from: filham on June 18, 2019, 12:51:43 PM
That's entertainment.

Best and Marsh were so, so entertaining and at the same time effective and produced goals.

I liked Ruiz, he was skillful and entertaining but not effective. Sorry Ruiz not in the same class as M&B.
end product he wasn't but still enjoyed his spell at Fulham so put that in your pipe!