watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

shahid Khan programme notes, last game

Started by ALG01, June 16, 2019, 10:44:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

paraphrasing the first para... it i my expectation and hope we will get promoted.  Expectation and hope in the same sentence is a bit troubling but let us agree he is ambitious and the suggestion is he will do the necessary....

Thrd para.. we will not point fingers (I assume he means allocate blame) but will, and here is the key phrase 'learn from the experience.' In the same para he then says 'but smart during the off season and ultimately field a team that will ultimately compete and win in the Championship from our very first match in August.

The rest is PR nonsense as far as I can see regarding off field matters, OK he talks about Scott but Scott is a gamble as is any manager so we will have to see how he gets on.

So he says learn from experience and and field a team that will ultimately win.... from the very first match.
It seems to me ultimately suggests long term, from the very first match is immediate success....

expectation and hope suggests confusion.... does he hope we will go up or expects to go up

Finally learn from experience? I see nonthing to suggest that is likely to be the case. His son is the problem with his serial failures and ridiculous transfer policy based on theory rather than experience. From what was reported from the FST, if I heard it correctly, the transfer policy will not change... that being so we can look forward to a miserable season filled with missed opportunity and likely to see us with a demoralised manager and squad, sabotaged by inexperienced people in positions of authority.

I continue to give the club my support, will be at the home games and no doubt will be called all kinds of things for stating the very obvious here now.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: ALG01 on June 16, 2019, 10:44:53 AM
paraphrasing the first para... it i my expectation and hope we will get promoted.  Expectation and hope in the same sentence is a bit troubling but let us agree he is ambitious and the suggestion is he will do the necessary....

Thrd para.. we will not point fingers (I assume he means allocate blame) but will, and here is the key phrase 'learn from the experience.' In the same para he then says 'but smart during the off season and ultimately field a team that will ultimately compete and win in the Championship from our very first match in August.

The rest is PR nonsense as far as I can see regarding off field matters, OK he talks about Scott but Scott is a gamble as is any manager so we will have to see how he gets on.

So he says learn from experience and and field a team that will ultimately win.... from the very first match.
It seems to me ultimately suggests long term, from the very first match is immediate success....

expectation and hope suggests confusion.... does he hope we will go up or expects to go up

Finally learn from experience? I see nonthing to suggest that is likely to be the case. His son is the problem with his serial failures and ridiculous transfer policy based on theory rather than experience. From what was reported from the FST, if I heard it correctly, the transfer policy will not change... that being so we can look forward to a miserable season filled with missed opportunity and likely to see us with a demoralised manager and squad, sabotaged by inexperienced people in positions of authority.

I continue to give the club my support, will be at the home games and no doubt will be called all kinds of things for stating the very obvious here now.

You may be stating the "very obvious" but I agree with you.
We have an owner who one the whole is more than decent but his weasel words don't match the reality.

toshes mate

One of the reasons I never accept PR as anything other than space filling (usually between the ears of the deliverer), and related to FFC, was when we were relegated and Trinder delivered his infamous 'we are not changing the flags [of the First Division Clubs]' ...  Khan and his son will ultimately deliver whatever they deliver whether or not they have learnt anything at all from the past two seasons.  They will also go on pointing fingers at those they choose to hammer for failure, regardless of where true fault lies, because, after all has been said and done that has been their habitual way of handling poor outcomes of their own, personal, decision making.  They are ultimately responsible no matter what they may claim alters such a fan's perspective. 

What Khan could usefully have said is 'My expectation for 2019/20 is promotion to the Premier League and I have tasked my son and Scott Parker as equal partners in the delivery of that.  Failure is not an option.  I will be in regular contact with Tony and Scott throughout the summer window and will attend all Fulham matches to ensure my expectation is being met. We will succeed.'     

ALG01

Attend matches?
Mr khan willnever attend more than one or two random halves of football a season when the jags are in town.

What i fail to understand is why he says we will learn from experience when he has continued to repeat the same errors and allowed incompetence to thrive. Yet he allowed a top manager to be undermined. I would like to have seen some movement in the transfer market by nowbut hey ho, same old third rate ecuses being lined up no doubt... i am expecting abunch of third rate lightweights to arrive imenently.

I am not convinced TK, KMac and jo will be as effective this toime so need to improve the midfield and remove seri and anguissa who are unsuitable for this task ASAP.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: ALG01 on June 16, 2019, 11:46:10 AM
Attend matches?
Mr khan willnever attend more than one or two random halves of football a season when the jags are in town.

What i fail to understand is why he says we will learn from experience when he has continued to repeat the same errors and allowed incompetence to thrive. Yet he allowed a top manager to be undermined. I would like to have seen some movement in the transfer market by nowbut hey ho, same old third rate ecuses being lined up no doubt... i am expecting abunch of third rate lightweights to arrive imenently.

I am not convinced TK, KMac and jo will be as effective this toime so need to improve the midfield and remove seri and anguissa who are unsuitable for this task ASAP.

If Seri and Anguissa aren't good enough for the championship, then selling them also won't get you any money for the transfer kitty anyway.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 16, 2019, 12:07:08 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on June 16, 2019, 11:46:10 AM
Attend matches?

If Seri and Anguissa aren't good enough for the championship, then selling them also won't get you any money for the transfer kitty anyway.

Replace Seri and Anguissa with players that will improve the heart beat of the team, winners and warriors, not lightweights.
The problem will certainly magnify if things go pair shaped, because they will sack the wrong people, yet the owners son will still be their like an itch you cannot scratch.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham1959

Nothing he could ever write would please everyone.  I'm just glad he's our owner.

hovewhite

Next season I'm only doing about half of home games and planning to watch local non leave games the spare Saturdays,so it will be Saturdays in my local in Hammersmith before the games I attend then home back to real life.As I won't be singing the Khan's praises as for about a 100 of us they have put a120% increase on S/t prices they can stuff that!

terryr

Quote from: Fulham1959 on June 16, 2019, 02:03:03 PM
Nothing he could ever write would please everyone.  I'm just glad he's our owner.
+1

Statto

Quote from: ALG01 on June 16, 2019, 10:44:53 AM

Both

Surely that's pretty clear from his use of the word "and"

"Hoping" and "expecting" aren't mutually exclusive

I see no "confusion" at all with this point

ALG01

Some of you massively miss the point.
Learn from experience
If you have a failed member of staff, a repeat offender, whether he is your son or otherwise, you have to get rid.
If he keeps his failure ofca son we ought to have our tickets for free. Shaid is exhibiting massive failure in his duty to us the long term fan base in putting his son who ismassively unqualified and inexperienced son first. A dreadful inditment.

The Old Count

Quote from: ALG01 on June 16, 2019, 07:27:24 PM
Learn from experience
If you have a failed member of staff, a repeat offender, whether he is your son or otherwise, you have to get rid.
If he keeps his failure ofca son we ought to have our tickets for free. Shaid is exhibiting massive failure in his duty to us the long term fan base in putting his son who ismassively unqualified and inexperienced son first. A dreadful inditment.

Why not give the Khans a break mate. Yes they've made quite a few mistakes but no one's perfect.  They want what we want and I believe they'll get there. Persistance is a huge factor in achieving success. They are not going anywhere anytime soon. Unless, of course, you've got a couple of hundred million to prise the club out of their hands.

Statto

Learn from experience

Which of the replies on this thread has disputed or missed that point?

ALG01

Quote from: Statto on June 16, 2019, 08:02:05 PM
Learn from experience

I don't know any more
I just want it better

Statto

Quote from: ALG01 on June 16, 2019, 09:01:43 PM
Quote from: Statto on June 16, 2019, 08:02:05 PM
Learn from experience

I don't know any more
I just want it better

Fair enough
I agree it is very poor to hear the chairman saying we will learn from our experiences this season, then the CEO tells the FST that actually, nothing will change, and TK blames other people and things beyond his control

Milo

Quote from: The Old Count on June 16, 2019, 08:01:26 PM
Learn from experience

Why not give the Khans a break mate. Yes they've made quite a few mistakes but no one's perfect.  They want what we want and I believe they'll get there. Persistance is a huge factor in achieving success. They are not going anywhere anytime soon. Unless, of course, you've got a couple of hundred million to prise the club out of their hands.

I agree no one gets it right all the time. Mistakes are fine.. as long as you learn from them!

With their investment, I think we could probably even forgive them if they tried to learn but made new mistakes.

But if the same mistakes are made to the same effect this year, what then?

ALG01

Quote from: The Old Count on June 16, 2019, 08:01:26 PM
Learn from experience

Whilst I sympathise with your comment and wish i could 'give it a break,' in truth I cannot.

I have supported the team for so long that it is like part of the family.... and because of that when I see things wrong I have to speak out. The Khan's simply make the same errors over and over and then insult me with the PR nonsense they serve up. There words and deeds do not match up. In fact the biggest insult is that the Mr Khan snr, whio seems a nice enough man, is happy to let his inexperienced son that has not the first idea of what he is doing to remain in situ unchecked. Any rational business man would have removed TK years ago. Until that happens you will just have to get used to not just me but more and more people not giving it a rest.

There is an alternative scenario. TK learns from his errors, decided to satnd aside and allows some proper professionals do the job.

Bill2

Didn't read the programme as so disgusted with the team on leaving the ground threw it in the first bin I came to.