watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tim Ream last night against Guyana

Started by Forever Fulham, June 19, 2019, 04:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Fulham

Started at left back for USMNT.  Played well.  Excellent distribution and defense.  Final score: 4-0.  It was Guyana after all, and many of his teammates didn't show the same passing skill.  But he looked good.  And he's sporting a full beard now. 

hovewhite

Hope he stays fit for start of the coming season and not with a mystery condition.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Forever Fulham on June 19, 2019, 04:48:51 PM
Started at left back for USMNT.  Played well.  Excellent distribution and defense.  Final score: 4-0.  It was Guyana after all, and many of his teammates didn't show the same passing skill.  But he looked good.  And he's sporting a full beard now.

Wait.  I don't think Ream looked well at LB at all.    Not poor, but average at best against a poor side in Guyana.   I'm worried when the US play tougher competition.

I thought Zimmerman and Lima had a much more productive night.

Sting of the North

I know someone else pointed it out in another thread, but he also faced the maybe not to frightening opponents that gave a start to our very own previous record holder Matthew Briggs. Since he is to my understanding a semi professional nowadays it probably speaks a little of the level of opposition.

Matt10

He looked good, but did not have to do too much because he was in the right place at the right time. His partnership with Zimmerman and Long are still a WIP, especially Long as he tends to make odd decisions - one of which included a moment where Ream was left stranded and Guyana almost capitalized.

Ream doesn't overlap, so comparing him to Nick Lima is not exactly accurate. Berhalter creates a 3 back of Zimmerman - Long - Ream when the US are in attack, sending Lima equal to Arriola, so that Tyler Boyd can play alongside Zardes to have two forward targets. Ream is on the other side to support and recover in transition. He's there for his accurate passing and ball winning, which he did plenty of.

So no, he's not an LB the same way we think of Joe Bryan or Matty Targett, and I will not be surprised to see him at the LCB spot - or at least challenge for it - come our season.

love4ffc

Quote from: Matt10 on June 20, 2019, 12:06:21 AM
He looked good, but did not have to do too much because he was in the right place at the right time. His partnership with Zimmerman and Long are still a WIP, especially Long as he tends to make odd decisions - one of which included a moment where Ream was left stranded and Guyana almost capitalized.

Ream doesn't overlap, so comparing him to Nick Lima is not exactly accurate. Berhalter creates a 3 back of Zimmerman - Long - Ream when the US are in attack, sending Lima equal to Arriola, so that Tyler Boyd can play alongside Zardes to have two forward targets. Ream is on the other side to support and recover in transition. He's there for his accurate passing and ball winning, which he did plenty of.

So no, he's not an LB the same way we think of Joe Bryan or Matty Targett, and I will not be surprised to see him at the LCB spot - or at least challenge for it - come our season.
0001.jpeg Agree completely.  Yes they won but I wasn't impressed with the team at all.  Agree Ream had little to do during the game and nothing against him but not feeling very confident about the whole Gold Cup let alone qualifying for the next world cup. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Matt10

Quote from: love4ffc on June 20, 2019, 02:06:26 AM

0001.jpeg Agree completely.  Yes they won but I wasn't impressed with the team at all.  Agree Ream had little to do during the game and nothing against him but not feeling very confident about the whole Gold Cup let alone qualifying for the next world cup.

Same here, when Guyana put high pressure on them, it was really difficult to get out of our own half. Many times as well where Lima could have crossed but chose not to. I also have doubts about Zardes vs Altidore overall.

It's funny because the most dangerous we looked is when players just executed directly versus going side to side as much.

fulhamfever

It's Guyana not West Brom or Stoke or Swansea calm down

filham

Hoping that Ream stays free of injury and is able to doo a good job for us again next season as he did previously in the Championship. Ream and Mawson could become a reliable centre back pairing but we may need a right back of Fredericks standard if they are to perform at their best.

Forever Fulham

I'd agree with all that.