more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham 1-2 Bristol City, Saturday 7 December 2019, 3:00pm

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 22, 2019, 06:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nero

grandad

Has to be the worst ref decision in history. Something has to be done with this ref. All game he has been played by Bristol City.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Sgt Fulham

Why are referees so protected. If I were this bad at my job I would be fired.

Sgt Fulham

Dishing out yellow cards to save himself from the truth that he's bad at his job. Lost control of the game.

LittleErn

grandad

I am so bitterly pissed off by the Ref & the BC cynical tactics. Both a total disgrace to the honest game.
Where there's a will there's a wife

LittleErn

Quote from: Sting of the North on December 07, 2019, 04:45:17 PM
If I didn't watch the game I would have thought we were absolutely awful today from the comments on here... We have been pretty decent second half, certainly better than Bristol.

Changing manager, needing good business in January... nice overreactions as per usual. Disappointing game, especially first half but it happens.

I agree about the manager - it was over-reaction - and a little tongue in cheek. But we will need new personnel in January if we are hoping to build a squad that could survive in the Premier League. We have won four in a row, but only one was a comfortable win. Have we beaten any of the top six yet? Hopefully Hector can give our defence some mobility and better command against crosses. I fully expect us to be in a play-off place but not automatic promotion without reinforcements.

YankeeJim

Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on December 07, 2019, 04:50:17 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on December 07, 2019, 04:47:50 PM
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on December 07, 2019, 04:46:29 PM
If I didn't watch the game I would have thought we were absolutely awful today from the comments on here... We have been pretty decent second half, certainly better than Bristol.

Changing manager, needing good business in January... nice overreactions as per usual. Disappointing game, especially first half but it happens.

2-0 better than Bristol. Oh wait... their second goal was quality though poor on out part.

Do you watch the game, or just the result? It is theoretically possible for a team to play better than their opponents and still being behind.

I'm watching the game. Possession doesnt make you the better team. They had the better chances in the first half, went 1-0 up and played on the counter. Theyve gone 2 up and will probably hold on for the points.

I didn't use our superior possession as an argument. You used them being 2-0 up as the (only) argument of them being better than us second half. Still think we were better than Bristol second half, even without the frantic last 15 minutes where we were certainly superior. It has nothing to do with us having possession, and everything to do with us using the possession to put them under pressure and creating chances. Kind of the opposite to how we used our possession in the first half.

Sting of the North

Quote from: YankeeJim on December 07, 2019, 05:08:25 PM
Why wasn't VAR used on the penalty shout?

VAR isn't used in the Championship unless I've missed something?

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Sting of the North on December 07, 2019, 05:10:37 PM
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on December 07, 2019, 04:50:17 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on December 07, 2019, 04:47:50 PM
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on December 07, 2019, 04:46:29 PM

2-0 better than Bristol. Oh wait... their second goal was quality though poor on out part.

Do you watch the game, or just the result? It is theoretically possible for a team to play better than their opponents and still being behind.

I'm watching the game. Possession doesnt make you the better team. They had the better chances in the first half, went 1-0 up and played on the counter. Theyve gone 2 up and will probably hold on for the points.

I didn't use our superior possession as an argument. You used them being 2-0 up as the (only) argument of them being better than us second half. Still think we were better than Bristol second half, even without the frantic last 15 minutes where we were certainly superior. It has nothing to do with us having possession, and everything to do with us using the possession to put them under pressure and creating chances. Kind of the opposite to how we used our possession in the first half.

I get your point, and I dont think we played particularly poorly, especially in that second half, but you must remember that home teams and away teams set up differently. Bristol City didn't come to dominate us, and in a way played the perfect away performance until we scored. Just think if the teams were reversed, would you be saying that they deserved to win?

The problem is that though Bristol City were good, teams should need to do more to win on our patch. We're making it too easy for teams to walk away with the points. I keep hearing how we were the better team. I heard it against Forest, Wednesday, Charlton, WBA...its a game where the score is the only thing that matters, hence why I was happy with Swansea away. We cant keep being the better team and losing. This is my position.

Sting of the North

Fair enough. And my point was simply that I thought we were the better team second half. Never said we deserved to win. Can't play such a lackluster first 45 minutes and expect something from the game. Should still have gotten a point if not for the ref though (if it was a penalty, haven't seen replays).

Sgt Fulham

Well that we can both agree on. I cant wait for Reid to get back, think he's a big miss.