Nero

St Eve

elgreenio

touch my camera through the fence

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

Lyle from Hangeland

SouthernWhite

I really don't get these formations we run. How many offensive player do we have on the pitch? 6-7? Doesn't seem very compensated.

Two offensive full-backs, one box-to-box MF, two playmakers, 2 wingers, one striker... I am starting to believe that our disastrous defense comes from a lack of tactics and no disciplined, ball-winning midfielders rather than having lousy CB (which we do have by the way, on top of all that).

Neil D

Lyle from Hangeland

So Toby Jones in a Londoner from Hammersmith, but his actor father Freddie Jones was from Stoke. Freddie died this past July at 91.

grandad

Why aren´t some Stoke players  being carded for persistent fouling. Also Mitro is being man handled every time a ball is played to him.
Where there's a will there's a wife

elgreenio

touch my camera through the fence

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: SouthernWhite on December 29, 2019, 03:47:22 PM
I really don't get these formations we run. How many offensive player do we have on the pitch? 6-7? Doesn't seem very compensated.

Two offensive full-backs, one box-to-box MF, two playmakers, 2 wingers, one striker... I am starting to believe that our disastrous defense comes from a lack of tactics and no disciplined, ball-winning midfielders rather than having lousy CB (which we do have by the way, on top of all that).

Jamie and GJ were saying that without Harry Arter we don't have a someone wiling to stick to the holding midfielder role. So there is an imbalance. Reed's liveliness drags him forwards and out of position.

Bassey the warrior

Knockaert having his best game, lots of good balls in the box. Decordova-Reid looks excellent too. We're playing very well.

Twig

Terrific first half. Only one team playing football. Christie and Knock linking up nicely, TC influential, Mitro looking hungry. Excellent stuff.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: SouthernWhite on December 29, 2019, 03:47:22 PM

That was a damn good offensive half of football.   Not sure why you're complaining about the amount of true defenders.   Yes...I agree that the tactics and lack of disciplined ball winning midfielders is a concern.   I've been saying for a few weeks now that a fast, physical CDM is the most needed improvement to the team.  But in this game I'm not noticing it.

The boys are playing good football today.

Josh Onomah has turned into Anguissa 2.0, and I like it.

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Twig

Still playing it out mostly but just mixing it up occasionally, better pace too. More of the same second half please Fulham.

davew

Half time results elsewhere are really good for us, hope they stay the same.

davew

Quote from: Twig on December 29, 2019, 03:55:09 PM
Still playing it out mostly but just mixing it up occasionally, better pace too. More of the same second half please Fulham.
Really solid performance and our defence have not been under any pressue and no silly mistakes.....so far!

Neil D