more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Charlton Athletic 0-0 Fulham, Wednesday 22 January 2020, 7:45pm

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 22, 2019, 06:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

love4ffc

Thinking we just can't play Kmac and Harry together.  Need something different in the midfield. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

DevonFFC

Quote from: love4ffc on January 22, 2020, 08:36:04 PM
Thinking we just can't play Kmac and Harry together.  Need something different in the midfield.

Add TC to that mix also. Between them there is zero pace

Milo

Quote from: sunburywhite on January 22, 2020, 08:34:15 PM
I think you could drag off all 11

Hector and Ream done well.

Bryan and Odoi trying to support up front but not enough wingers on to create space for them.

Arter reading game well, finding space to work the ball around in the middle. Mac Donald ditto. Both getting caught for pace at times especially on their right hand side which incidentally is the side we persist in playing Onomah LW who has been redundant all game.

D Reid isolated due to lack of wingers. Cav unsure where he is playing as no winger the other side so drifting in/out both sides and not finding any space.

Bring back 4-3-3 and get another winger on! Got to be Bryan surely?

WindyCity

Somewhat disappointing first half.  Just able to watch last 25 mins or so of first half.....lots of possession but very few really good scoring chances.  Reid did have a very good chance just before half ended, but just plunked it right into the keeper.

Hopefully FFC can do better 2nd half.  This is a game they 'should' win and need to win if they want to compete for top two spots.

love4ffc

WindyCity

Quote from: elgreenio on January 22, 2020, 08:29:36 PM
TC a bit anonymous playing in the advanced role

And still bringing ball backwards too much in that role. 

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Milo on January 22, 2020, 08:38:00 PM

Bryan and Odoi trying to support up front but not enough wingers on to create space for them.

Arter reading game well, finding space to work the ball around in the middle. Mac Donald ditto. Both getting caught for pace at times especially on their right hand side which incidentally is the side we persist in playing Onomah LW who has been redundant all game.

D Reid isolated due to lack of wingers. Cav unsure where he is playing as no winger the other side so drifting in/out both sides and not finding any space.

I don't like Onomah on the wing.  I want him in the middle driving at the opposition midfield.  Arter can go to bench and move Onomah inside.  I don't care who they bring so they can shift Joe outside (I'd like him out wide)

Deeping_white

TC creating nothing and not getting involved physically and hindered by them being so deep. Take him off, go to 4-3-3 with Stansfield, Cav and BDR up front. We've not played badly, it's just we've found a team that's parking the bus and we've not got a 9 who can unlock them at the moment

Texas White

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 22, 2020, 08:42:21 PM

I don't like Onomah on the wing.  I want him in the middle driving at the opposition midfield.  Arter can go to bench and move Onomah inside.  I don't care who they bring so they can shift Joe outside (I'd like him out wide)

Yes the middle looks bare. Not a winger

love4ffc

My instant sub would be Harry off, Christie on with Odoi going to LB, Bryan sitting in front of him.  Then 20 minutes in Harry off with StefJo coming on.  After two good goals, Jay comes with Bobby coming off.  Jay sees out the match getting his first goal in the Championship. 

049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

Milo

Well quite.. was expecting us to go all guns blazing and very disappointed by the line up. Especially as Charlton are a League 1 side (apparently?) playing lots of their reserves due to injury.

Milo

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 22, 2020, 08:42:21 PM

Happy with your suggestion as long as Bryan goes wide!! Get yourself down to the touch line and have a chat with SP please!

70sPimlico

I see comments re this player and that. I suppose when you see arter and odoi down the right and you see two banks of five for Charlton, its clear square pegs round holes wont work. nothing at all against arter but how can he be the replacement for knockheart?

Deeping_white

Quote from: Milo on January 22, 2020, 08:44:08 PM
Well quite.. was expecting us to go all guns blazing and very disappointed by the line up. Especially as Charlton are a League 1 side (apparently?) playing lots of their reserves due to injury.

Our two senior strikers are injured, our starting winger got injured in the last game and our other backup winger is out as well, what more can you do other than change a back 4 that got two clean sheets in a row to make one of them a makeshift winger? We have injury problems of our own, if we grind a 1-0 out of this then it's a managerial master stroke, we don't have to play total football, just get a win somehow

Milo

Quote from: 70sPimlico on January 22, 2020, 08:46:06 PM
I see comments re this player and that. I suppose when you see arter and odoi down the right and you see two banks of five for Charlton, its clear square pegs round holes wont work. nothing at all against arter but how can he be the replacement for knockheart?

He isn't tonight, Onomah is. Onomah is being played as a winger!

Milo

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 22, 2020, 08:47:42 PM
Quote from: Milo on January 22, 2020, 08:44:08 PM

Our two senior strikers are injured, our starting winger got injured in the last game and our other backup winger is out as well, what more can you do other than change a back 4 that got two clean sheets in a row to make one of them a makeshift winger? We have injury problems of our own, if we grind a 1-0 out of this then it's a managerial master stroke, we don't have to play total football, just get a win somehow

I can see where you're coming from - but a managerial masterstroke in my eyes would be to pick up that Bryan has shown some real glimpses of being a good LW against Aston Villa and use today where Charlton offer very little to play him there.

Also, let's not forget that moving Odoi over to LB and playing Bryan LW would mean we have two strong defenders covering that side which has been their strongest side so far and with their pacey players.

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

love4ffc