Fulham 0-2 Brentford, Saturday 20 June 2020, 12:30pm

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 22, 2019, 06:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

dgnffc

Beaten by a better team tbh

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

grandad

Too many tired legs in defence. Subs should have been 15 mins earlier. Christie, Sessegnon, Le Marchand & McDonald were all there. Poor game management.
Where there's a will there's a wife

DevonFFC

Brentford have played us to a t and the game plan for them was an excellent one.

Woolly Mammoth

Brentford are the fitter team and it has showed unfortunately, we have played worse and won. We are losing to a decent team, too many of our players starting to tire.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Ordar

The way we play is so incredibly easy to play against. Everything is too slow. Messing about with the ball ag the back constantly. Team selection was poor, no options on the bench

I don't enjoy watching us play under Parker and feel like we massively underperform under him

Mince n Tatties

They're a good side and might just catch the top 2.

AnOldBrownie

Well, if Tom isn't going to take a single shot I honestly wouldn't play him.   He didn't set up anything really.

Fernhurst

Quote from: Ordar on June 20, 2020, 02:25:30 PM
At least people can stop going on about automatic promotion now.

Bet they are glad there was no crowd!!! So predictably...... they sadden me.

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Fernhurst

Bloody play offs and a huge fear of getting Brentford at Wembley.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Bill2

Sorry but Scotty was at fault. How many times did Brentford get down their right and suddenly they had player break past our defensive line with an overlap from midfield and no one did anyone go with their player. They did it numerous times in the first half and it was how they made their first goal. Who should have sorted it out.
For the second goal where were our players chasing back.
Very poor

AnOldBrownie

Harrison Reed was MOTM, and Mitro got his head on the ball a few times.

For 85 minutes I thought Ream and Hector played well.

Rooting for Birmingham now...

Bill2

Quote from: grandad on June 20, 2020, 01:52:12 PM
Off Kebano,Knockaert &on Cav & Jasper for me.
Well in my opinion Can and Jasper were a waste of space and did nothing. When they got the ball they did nothing with it and Cav seemed to be wearing ice skates.
I know they were only on for a short time but!!!!

terryr

RoyTund

We don't get much luck against Brentford these days but needed one of those earlier chances to go in. I think we all felt fitness was going to tell as Brentford rather obviously seem to have prepared better with 2 proper friendlies. Early days but questions have to be asked on that.

grandad

After a fairly even 1st half the writing was on the wall in the 2nd, especially after an hour. Our game got slower & sloppier. This was the time for subs & a change with our defensive formation especially on our left. Bryan was so often caught in no mans land.
What have our players been doing in the last 10 weeks? The Club have provided all the fitness equipment the players needed. Brentford were fitter, faster, were quicker breaking forward. Parker has to take a lot of blame for being out managed.
Brentford´s use of their subs made the difference, ours made things worse.
Automatic promotion has gone. It is now up to Parker & the squad to cement a 3rd spot & at worse 6th.
Where there's a will there's a wife