Started by Friendsoffulham, June 22, 2019, 06:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleErn

Twig

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 22, 2020, 08:17:38 PM
Quote from: Twig on July 22, 2020, 08:16:53 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 22, 2020, 08:15:20 PM
Quote from: Ordar on July 22, 2020, 08:12:05 PM
I'm sorry but he's picked the wrong players. Christie should be playing RB, Odoi LB, Johansen instead of Arter in mf

I agree...but at worst we should be tied.   Mitro missed a sitter.

Not going to go in on Scott because Odoi and Bryan aren't good defenders.   We simply don't have good defending FBs (christie is ok...he's not good)

Not sure I agree. Odoi is our best defending FB imo.

Wigan's entire left hand side have him on toast

So who do you rate more highly (for their defensive skills as a FB)? MML, Bryan, Christie? I still think Odoi is the better defender.

LittleErn

Quote from: sunburywhite on July 22, 2020, 08:13:47 PM
It all slows down when Cairney gets the ball
Doesn't it always?  He's a passenger too often these days.

Ordar

Deeping_white

Quote from: Twig on July 22, 2020, 08:20:19 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on July 22, 2020, 08:17:38 PM
Quote from: Twig on July 22, 2020, 08:16:53 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 22, 2020, 08:15:20 PM
Quote from: Ordar on July 22, 2020, 08:12:05 PM
I'm sorry but he's picked the wrong players. Christie should be playing RB, Odoi LB, Johansen instead of Arter in mf

I agree...but at worst we should be tied.   Mitro missed a sitter.

Not going to go in on Scott because Odoi and Bryan aren't good defenders.   We simply don't have good defending FBs (christie is ok...he's not good)

Not sure I agree. Odoi is our best defending FB imo.

Wigan's entire left hand side have him on toast

So who do you rate more highly (for their defensive skills as a FB)? MML, Bryan, Christie? I still think Odoi is the better defender.

There's barely anything in it. IMO Odoi is worst of the lot because of the system we play requiring the full backs to get forward, Odoi's first touch is always usually backwards and he leaves the RW isolated

Rj Fulham

7 shots 1 on target, i hope we get kamara on soon!  we need to be aggresive and get back level asap

Mince n Tatties

Bokonon

Arter needs off. He always looks like a headless chicken. StefJo for me.

davew

Quote from: Ordar on July 22, 2020, 08:21:48 PM
I'm so angry with that first half performance
None of us will be happy, but automatic promotion was never on the cards this evening!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

jarv

Not a good half. Players look tired but they just had a few weeks off....go figure. On this showing if they go up, will get hammered every week.

sunburywhite

45 mins Off Cairney, on Johansen
55 mins Off Knockheart on Kamara
65 mins Off Kebano on BDR
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

davew

Team selection was wrong at the start, but who cares, Parker might get it right in our next match?

Sting of the North

Quote from: LittleErn on July 22, 2020, 08:21:14 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on July 22, 2020, 08:13:47 PM
It all slows down when Cairney gets the ball
Doesn't it always?  He's a passenger too often these days.

In my opinion if you believe this to be the case, then you probably don't understand football. But maybe it is I that don't, what do I know.

Deeping_white

Quote from: davew on July 22, 2020, 08:24:02 PM
None of us will be happy, but automatic promotion was never on the cards this evening!

For almost the entire first half it was, WBA aren't playing well, Brentford are losing. If we lose and WBA do too and Brentford stays the same then we have wasted our golden ticket

davew

Quote from: sunburywhite on July 22, 2020, 08:24:35 PM
45 mins Off Cairney, on Johansen
55 mins Off Knockheart on Kamara
65 mins Off Kebano on BDR
Need to bring on Christie as well.

Ordar

Well thats not strictly true as if the other results go our way, it is on the cards.

Regardless it doesnt excuse the performance they've put on the first half when they know they need to win to stand any chance. This has been a CLASSIC Scott Parker piece of management.

WindyCity

Well, Barnsley up at half, and QPR keeping things close.  FFC needs to win their game for a miracle to happen.  So far, disappointing first half v Wigan.

Sting of the North

Quote from: jarv on July 22, 2020, 08:24:28 PM
Not a good half. Players look tired but they just had a few weeks off....go figure. On this showing if they go up, will get hammered every week.

They didn't just have a few weeks off, they gave played twice a week for a month. Maybe keep the whining to something that is not just fabricated?

The Old Count

All that money spent by us on all those great players and Wigan look the better team.