https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pod interview with Tony Khan

Started by Jonnoj, June 24, 2019, 08:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nero

Quote from: Herbie on June 25, 2019, 06:17:18 PM
Quote from: ByTheRiver on June 25, 2019, 12:28:40 PM
Forgive my ignorance/laziness/bit of both, but how does one go about accessing said interview?

Ditto.  Where and when will the interview be released please?

https://www.fulhamish.co.uk/podcast/

be there when it comes out

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Penfold on June 25, 2019, 03:47:27 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 25, 2019, 03:40:31 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on June 25, 2019, 01:04:09 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 25, 2019, 02:12:13 AM
Quote from: ALG01 on June 24, 2019, 11:54:51 PM

Mr Khan jnr would not get a job at any other top professional club and even if by some miracle he did, he would have been thrown out ages ago.

Yes he would get a job at another club, as Tony Khan is working for free, its pretty easy to get a job at zero wages and most non-profit jobs get a fancy title like "Director of Football". I also think many other Championship Clubs would let him buy players as he was probably the only person able to source money for new players. Many clubs in Championship failed to source money last season, with only ten championship clubs having net transfer budgets over £4m (with only six of the ten over £10m) and nine clubs even had negative transfer budgets.

I have no doubt a DOF that works for free, that can source £10m+ every season would get a job at most Championship Clubs. Other clubs are surely jealous.

With no disrespect intend at all... I do not begin to understand what you are saying. I would do the job for nothing and nobody would employ me either. He has no talent or experience, all he has is his dad's money and lineage. Did I really have to say in words of one syllable, imagine TK had never done the job before, and did not have access to his dad's funds, I thought that was self evidently implied.

The ability to source money is down to hios dad not down to his ability which he has spectacularly not shown any of.

I believe Tony Khan has the ability to source money from Fulham's owner better than other DoF. The ability to source money is Best Prediictor of DoF success. Even if Shahid Khan wasn't the owner, I have little doubt about Tony Khan's ability to source money probable from his family.

So what your saying is if he did leave Fulham and, somehow, got a job as DOF at, let's say Blackburn Rovers, he'd be able to source money from his family for players there.

Which member of the family will give him that money?

His father so what. And if FFP was scrapped, he'd probably give his son enough money to buy Neymar. I'm ok with that.

Twig

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 26, 2019, 02:58:48 AM

Mr Khan jnr would not get a job at any other top professional club and even if by some miracle he did, he would have been thrown out ages ago.

Yes he would get a job at another club, as Tony Khan is working for free, its pretty easy to get a job at zero wages and most non-profit jobs get a fancy title like "Director of Football". I also think many other Championship Clubs would let him buy players as he was probably the only person able to source money for new players. Many clubs in Championship failed to source money last season, with only ten championship clubs having net transfer budgets over £4m (with only six of the ten over £10m) and nine clubs even had negative transfer budgets.

I have no doubt a DOF that works for free, that can source £10m+ every season would get a job at most Championship Clubs. Other clubs are surely jealous.

With no disrespect intend at all... I do not begin to understand what you are saying. I would do the job for nothing and nobody would employ me either. He has no talent or experience, all he has is his dad's money and lineage. Did I really have to say in words of one syllable, imagine TK had never done the job before, and did not have access to his dad's funds, I thought that was self evidently implied.

The ability to source money is down to hios dad not down to his ability which he has spectacularly not shown any of.

I believe Tony Khan has the ability to source money from Fulham's owner better than other DoF. The ability to source money is Best Prediictor of DoF success. Even if Shahid Khan wasn't the owner, I have little doubt about Tony Khan's ability to source money probable from his family.

So what your saying is if he did leave Fulham and, somehow, got a job as DOF at, let's say Blackburn Rovers, he'd be able to source money from his family for players there.

His father so what. And if FFP was scrapped, he'd probably give his son enough money to buy Neymar. I'm ok with that.

Sorry but what planet are you on?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Twig on June 26, 2019, 05:50:36 AM

Planet ' Funny Farm ' it's been confirmed by somebody wearing a white coat.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

elgreenio

touch my camera through the fence

elgreenio

Gonna rabble as I listen for those unable to listen this morning :

Scott Parker only manager who has been actively involved in transfer "round tables" with scouts and data team, others weren't interested.

Most of what you read is garbage re transfers.

Were very close to bringing Dwight Gayle in summer of our promotion season.

Saints wanted 20m for Targett, probably would have got him had we not got Bryan 24hrs earlier.

TK wants/plans on AK47 being in the squad come start of the season. Squad agrees.

Andreas Pereira ticked both boxes but we got StefJo and Piazon for the fee that United wanted for the loan

TK doing everything to keep Mitro, Mitro happy here.
touch my camera through the fence

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Twig on June 26, 2019, 05:50:36 AM

I am on the planet where the most important thing in professional football is money and the ability to access it.

I live on a planet, where people with rich fathers have more opportunities to access funding those that don't.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Herbie on June 25, 2019, 06:17:18 PM
Quote from: ByTheRiver on June 25, 2019, 12:28:40 PM
Forgive my ignorance/laziness/bit of both, but how does one go about accessing said interview?

Ditto.  Where and when will the interview be released please?

Next months edition of the magazine
"Wrestling for the Over 80's".

AnOldBrownie

Tony Khan says "uh" and "uhm" more than any other executive I've heard speak. It's kinda off-putting to hear.

Liked what he said about Mitro and AK47.  I'm assuming he's waiting to see what happens with Ryan. Spoke highly of Stefjo.

Plans to loan out some younger players to lower leagues now that he has a way to track their data.

And I already know that almost 75% of transfer noise is nothing more. For the life of me I don't get why football fans feed into it.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

@jolslover

Was good interview I thought.. Would recommend Statto / others who always go on about us doing business late watch as he talks about why (although not ideal) it can sometimes work out beneficial to do business later.
STH H3

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: @jolslover on June 26, 2019, 07:54:39 AM
Was good interview I thought.. Would recommend Statto / others who always go on about us doing business late watch as he talks about why (although not ideal) it can sometimes work out beneficial to do business later.

Not when you waste 30 million on last day,and also sign a donkey from Liverpool and one from Scandinavia,who hardly kicked a ball for us.😵

wormbridge

Quote from: colinwhite on June 25, 2019, 10:01:18 AM
Dont think TK gets any credit.We got promoted under his watch and will again . Like most clubs our signings have been mixed. Lets face we have no idea how the transfer procedure works at our club. If Tk is responsible for signing Seri because of his title then he is also responsible for signing target and Mitrovic. some of the poison thrown TKs way on here has been extremely annoying ,repetitive and ridiculous. More or less put me off posting on here to boot.

completely agree tbf but it's not an argument worth having because people can, do, and will always see things in different ways.

Dr Quinzel

I really don't have it in me to listen - complete burnout after last season. Can't believe the season is coming around so quickly.

filham

Forget all of the talk, if we are top of the table after six matches T Khan and Scott Parker will again be popular.

wiresandmore

Halfway through - the most interesting things not mentioned so far above is that:

1. Stats model also implies a value for players - and that informs how keen they are and how much to bid.
2. The Scouting report also looks at character - and he says that Mitro and StefJo were known to be difficult but the club judged it worth the risk (and were proven right)

Riversider

Interestingly Ryan Sessegnon doesn't get a mention throughout,  not even a "we would love him to stay and sign a new contract" type of line,
Tough going listening at times, and maybe should have ended half an hour earlier.

Dodger53

I enjoyed listening to it - thank you for the link

toshes mate

Well, IMO, there was little material in that podcast to know what to believe about TK.

'Collaboration' says TK, and 'SP is the first coach wanting to join in'.  And yet we know SJ had scouted players prior to his first full season here, seemed keen to get talent in but ended up saying he was not involved in recruitment.  Did he feel the meetings watching videos, looking at data, and scouting players were 'a waste of his time for some reason', and if he did, does TK know why that was the case.   Sorry TK but your statements are pretty unconvincing without you giving a lot more detailed evidence as to why his involvement wasn't there.  You were his boss for pity sakes.

TK says he brought in his new system in summer 2016 could that have been the reason why SJ never got a 'taste' for the 'collaborative' approach because TK was too focused on himself and his system?

There are too many inconsistencies in what TK says (e.g. 'stick together in the good or bad' – Slavisa would love that one) to convince me that he is anything other than an ego looking for approval.   Yes, there is something he can work with.  When he talks about missing his 'friend's' important events, there is, beneath those insecurities he has about himself, things that he can work with to make himself a better businessman, but I remain unsure he knows how to do that. 

I am really unsure that this podcast tells us anymore about the real TK than he wants us to believe.  The other TK is the stuff that he himself has, in an unguarded moment, revealed on twitter etc., which he has not been required to explain to us.   A public relations exercise and nothing more. 

70sPimlico

Well, I enjoyed it. I think he's a decent guy. I think we will go up

Enjoying my summer but looking forward to start of season