more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

David Duckenfield to stand trial again for Hillsborough disaster

Started by Burt, June 25, 2019, 11:38:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

Quote from: RaySmith on June 26, 2019, 10:20:28 PM
Similarly, since someone has introduced it into the discussion, Grenfell, when the blame is surely not to be laid on the  possible faults of the Fire Brigade commanders on the day, but on the wider responsibility of cost cutting in the building's construction, which meant that cheap, non  fire- resistant materials were used in the  construction of these flats for working-class people.

But, as Burt says, I suppose it's not for me to speak on behalf of those who lost people at Hillsborough, a disaster which was swept under the carpet for so long, with the blame scurrilously laid at the feet of the fans themselves for years, just as Grenfell now seems to  be being swept under the carpet, with nothing done to find why people were housed in such a death trap, and who or what was responsible.

It was reported last month that 200 private tower blocks have the same cladding so the issue affects as many yuppies as "working class people"

Also not sure how you can say it's been swept under the carpet. There's a public inquiry ongoing, not to mention court cases against the fridge manufacturers, the Guardian still do an article about it almost every week, and it even got projected on the sides of tower blocks in 10ft high letters the other day

Personally I'm still waiting for a full apology from the gov't of the early 90s for their shameful neglect of the Queen, leading to the fire at her place in Windsor

Twig

Quote from: Statto on June 26, 2019, 11:03:03 PM
Similarly, since someone has introduced it into the discussion, Grenfell, when the blame is surely not to be laid on the  possible faults of the Fire Brigade commanders on the day, but on the wider responsibility of cost cutting in the building's construction, which meant that cheap, non  fire- resistant materials were used in the  construction of these flats for working-class people.

But, as Burt says, I suppose it's not for me to speak on behalf of those who lost people at Hillsborough, a disaster which was swept under the carpet for so long, with the blame scurrilously laid at the feet of the fans themselves for years, just as Grenfell now seems to  be being swept under the carpet, with nothing done to find why people were housed in such a death trap, and who or what was responsible.

It was reported last month that 200 private tower blocks have the same cladding so the issue affects as many yuppies as "working class people"

Also not sure how you can say it's been swept under the carpet. There's a public inquiry ongoing, not to mention court cases against the fridge manufacturers, the Guardian still do an article about it almost every week, and it even got projected on the sides of tower blocks in 10ft high letters the other day

Personally I'm still waiting for a full apology from the gov't of the early 90s for their shameful neglect of the Queen, leading to the fire at her place in Windsor

Statto you are in danger of embarrassing yourself on this one. I suggest you stop before you dig an even deeper hole.

Statto

Quote from: Twig on June 26, 2019, 11:26:26 PM
Quote from: Statto on June 26, 2019, 11:03:03 PM

Statto you are in danger of embarrassing yourself on this one. I suggest you stop before you dig an even deeper hole.

Ironic that you would take issue with a post that's almost entirely factual except for a joke in the last sentence

Your lot never do like logic or facts, or a laugh

Why don't you go back to bed love, and I'll do the same

Jimpav

My point about Grenfell was that the tragedy was caused by the cladding  rather than the faulty refrigerator. If it wasn't for the cladding then many of the victims would still be alive. Keep the
Quote from: Statto on June 26, 2019, 04:17:36 PM
Quote from: Jimpav on June 26, 2019, 12:02:14 PM
Quote from: Statto on June 25, 2019, 03:05:15 PM
Just like no one wants to blame an unfortunate fridge malfunction for Grenfell. So they'll try for years to blame the police, fire service, wealthy etc...

You are talking nonsense, please stop out out of respect if anything else.

No. If you've some new information not yet made public then by all means tell us, and I'm happy to listen/debate it. In the meantime I will say what I want about Hillsborough and I may mention Grenfell, which has the parallels to Hillsborough that I mentioned, and as a more recent and local event, is at least as relevant to this forum. If people want to make it political like another poster has done above, that's for the mods to deal with. If they respond by banning all threads about Hillsborough (or Grenfell) that probably wouldn't be such a bad idea. But if I'm forced to read the same old comments about "justice" and witchhunts then I will reply.

You're not forced to read anything on here. I'm all for NFR subjects but think everyone would benefit from keeping their opinions on politics to themselves, whatever their leanings.