watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New kit unveiled

Started by FFChris, June 26, 2019, 09:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoneleigh Loyalist

No one has used the word Traditional but that is what this design is a throw back to the days when Fulham played in plain white shirts black shorts and black and white socks. That was our image and identity and this is the nearest that modern designers can get to it. Even our away shirt has a resemblance to the 1970s away red shirt with black stripes and I still have my red and black scarf.

snarks

Have to say I like both home and away. I like the fact that "the Whites" are the whites at home this year. I like the no fuss look.

KJS

Looks good to me  :dft003:

RaySmith

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on June 26, 2019, 02:03:26 PM
No one has used the word Traditional but that is what this design is a throw back to the days when Fulham played in plain white shirts black shorts and black and white socks. That was our image and identity and this is the nearest that modern designers can get to it. Even our away shirt has a resemblance to the 1970s away red shirt with black stripes and I still have my red and black scarf.
0001.jpeg

ealex40

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 26, 2019, 10:00:16 AM
Might grow on me.
But home looks like a T-shirt off market stall.😒

And someone was paid to 'design' the home shirt?

AnOldBrownie

Better than the 18/19 home kit, so a win for me.

Camel Club

I really like the home shirt/kit. Simple traditional design that has everything; with the shirt most importantly a plain white (sponsor's logo aside). Really not sure about the away shirt/kit. You can talk about 'modern interpretations' all you like but in my view you can't beat the bold unambiguous red and black stripe shirt, plain black shorts and socks from the mid 70s; the design of which Bournemouth have successfully managed to bring in to the modern era.

Beamer

Wow, bet that took almost 30 seconds to design and was then improved when they realised that they had left the design graph paper pattern on it. We have had a lot worse though.

Holders

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on June 26, 2019, 10:22:31 AM
I should be deliriously happy with an almost plain white shirt and almost black shorts in this day and age but it doesn't quite do it for me!
Maybe its the modern tight short sleeves and minimalist neck line?
Overall its fine and probably look better in real life.

Almost red & black stripes for the 2nd kit, that too is fine but not quiet perfect.

Agree, black/red stripes would have been nice.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Sting of the North

Quote from: Beamer on June 26, 2019, 04:25:12 PM
Wow, bet that took almost 30 seconds to design and was then improved when they realised that they had left the design graph paper pattern on it. We have had a lot worse though.

Do you think it takes much longer to design if there are stripes? Or many colours? Shirt designs are not complicated basically ever. That however doesn't necessarily mean that the process of deciding on a particular design is always straight forward and quick.

Matt10

Also, these are base templates given from Adidas, which means the designers just need to go in and place color, stripes, etc.

There are some really busy kits out there which botched the job. This look is super clean, with some subtle design elements. Hope it's a theme of keeping things simple this year.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on June 26, 2019, 03:26:01 PM

What?
Last seasons was voted best in a mag.
This one want,last seasons was super.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 26, 2019, 06:37:29 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on June 26, 2019, 03:26:01 PM

What?
Last seasons was voted best in a mag.
This one want,last seasons was super.

I never liked the black horizontal bar going across the chest.   I prefer a solid white top.   Much easier to match up with whatever pants I wear.

This years is plain, yes...but I've always preferred near all white tops.   My daughters club team when from white/blue tops last year to blue/red tops this year.  I hate the change from white to red.

brightster

I love them both, very smart, and as mentioned above traditional!
A lot of people on hear wanted plain shirts last year when that one was released, the club can't do anything right can they!
As for the sponsor I guess the betting firms are paying the clubs good money to seal the deal, and we are even playing in the Sky Bet Championship, so until some other companies join the football wagon then us and most of the teams nowadays are stuck with them.

MikeW

Its a white tee shirt with a logo on it.  Tee shirt £6 in Sainsbury's.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Sting of the North

Quote from: MikeW on June 26, 2019, 08:39:06 PM
Its a white tee shirt with a logo on it.  Tee shirt £6 in Sainsbury's.

Then isn't all football shirts just a tee in one or a few colors and some print on it. Would you prefer it to be 5 colors (like that would make it more costly)? Or is this a general complaint against football shirts?

JoelH5

For those that say it's just a white Tshirt. Here's a closer look.

I was there, standing in the Putney end

BestOfBrede

I wish they would change from crew neck - it's not comfortable especially when hot.
Personally I prefer V neck, polo or better still a grandad style collar.

JoelH5

Quote from: BestOfBrede on June 26, 2019, 09:49:46 PM
I wish they would change from crew neck - it's not comfortable especially when hot.
Personally I prefer V neck, polo or better still a grandad style collar.

Most people prefer crew I think. Away is V
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: JoelH5 on June 26, 2019, 09:31:28 PM
For those that say it's just a white Tshirt. Here's a closer look.

Looks more off white with grey lines,so its not even
a white top that close up....Or is it my peepers sadly going.😑