more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff - 27/06/19...

Started by WhiteJC, June 27, 2019, 07:37:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham determined to keep Aleksandar Mitrovic for Championship promotion bid

Staying put? Mitrovic joined Fulham permanently for £22m last summer ( PA )

Fulham vice-chairman Tony Khan has vowed to fight to keep Aleksandar Mitrovic at Craven Cottage.

Mitrovic is wanted by clubs across Europe but Fulham want the £30million-rated Serb striker to stay to lead their promotion bid in the Championship next season.

Khan has a close relationship with Mitrovic and he hopes to convince the 24-year-old not to quit the club.

Mitrovic is happy at Fulham but it remains to be seen if he is willing to play in the Championship. In a terrible Fulham side last season, he scored 11 Premier League goals after joining the club permanently last summer for an initial fee of £22m.

Khan told the Fulhamish podcast: "I would like to retain as many of our key players as possible, and that includes Aleksandar Mitrovic. We made a big investment to get him here and I believe in him. Last season he played so hard for us and he sets a great tone in the dressing room and on the pitch. I am doing everything I can to keep him.

"I have a great relationship with him and we have had a lot of talks. He loves Fulham, he loves the club, he loves the people here, he loves his team-mates."

Fulham are in talks with Yeni Malatyaspor about loaning controversial striker Aboubakar Kamara back to the Turkish club next season.

Khan, though, claims he wants to give the 24-year-old a chance to resurrect his Craven Cottage career.

Kamara was cast out on loan to Malatyaspor for the second half of the season after he was arrested in January on suspicion of actual bodily harm and criminal damage, following allegations of a fight at Fulham's training ground.

Malatyaspor are confident of securing another loan for Kamara but Khan said: "I am planning to bring Abou Kamara back. Abou and Stefan Johansen were key in our promotion team. I feel strongly about getting them back in the squad."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham/fulham-determined-to-keep-aleksandar-mitrovic-for-championship-promotion-bid-a4175951.html

WhiteJC

2019/20 Kit Collection

Fulham's Kit Collection for 2019/20 is now released and available to purchase.

Supporters can pre-order the Club's new Home and Away Kits today, ahead of the strips being made available to buy instore from Thursday 4th July.

Fans in the UK who pre-order their Home and Away shirt before midnight on Sunday 30th June will receive their strip prior to the instore release on Thursday 4th July.

The Whites' new Training Kit for the forthcoming campaign, a combination of grey and black garments to be worn by players and staff respectively, is also available to purchase – out now both online and instore at Craven Cottage.

Manufactured by official supplier adidas, the Club's new Home & Away Shirts remain true to our heritage; the Home featuring an all-white design with subtle red detailing around the collar, referencing our Club crest, whilst the Away shirt displays a modern interpretation on the red and black striped designs as seen on previous Fulham strips.

Innovation is at the heart of the 2019/20 Collection, with the new Home Shirt containing an engineered front panel and both Kits featuring Climalite technology for high moisture management and fast drying. In addition, both Home and Away Kits are made with recycled polyesters, helping to save resources and decrease emissions.

Main Team Partner, Dafabet, remain on the front of both Home and Away adult shirts in 2019/20, while all Kits and Training Wear are completed with the emblazoning of adidas' iconic three stripe branding.

Junior Home and Away Shirts will be made available to purchase either plain or with the Fulham FC Foundation logo on the front. These can be bought blank from today, with the logo then applied free of charge at the Stadium Store from Thursday 4th July.

All Adult, Junior and Mini-Kits are available to pre-order now online at shop.fulhamfc.com.

Shop Online

UK pre-orders between 9am on Wednesday 26th and 23:59 on Sunday 30th June will receive their strip prior to the instore release on Thursday 4th July.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/june/26/2019-20-kit-collection-released

WhiteJC

Adidas Fulham Kits 2019-20 Released

Football kit news from the Sky Bet Championship as the new Adidas Fulham 2019-20 kits have been officially unveiled.

The Fulham home shirt 2019-20 is predominantly white with an all over subtle pattern.

Thin red trim appears on the back half of the collar whilst the Adidas stripes that run down the sides of the jersey, the Adidas logo on the right breast and the Dafabet shirt sponsor are all coloured black.

The Fulham FC badge is placed on the left breast.

Black shorts with white socks complete the Fulham home kit 2019-20.

The Fulham away shirt 2019-20 is red with tonal red stripes running down the jersey.

The Adidas stripes on the shoulders and the Adidas logo placed beneath the collar are coloured white as is the Dafabet shirt sponsor.

Dark red shorts and socks with white Adidas details complete the away Fulham kit 2019-20.

https://www.thekitman.co.uk/adidas-fulham-kits-2019-20-released/

WhiteJC

Club make lucrative offer to Fulham star, bid also made to the club

According to Yeni Safak, Fenerbahce have made a lucrative offer to convince Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic over a move to Istanbul.

The Serbian international has been linked with a move to Real Betis in recent days but Yeni Safak claims Fenerbahce have offered a €2.5m loan fee to Fulham to get Mitrovic for a season.

However, it's claimed the Championship side are looking to add a redemption clause to his contract which is making things difficult for the Yellow Canaries.

Fenerbahce have also reportedly offered 'something close to €5m' to the player, including bonuses, and are hoping this will help them land the 24 year old.

This summer the Super Lig club are looking to bring in an experienced No.9 after the recent departures of Roberto Soldado and Islam Slimani.

Mitrovic was one of the better players at Craven Cottage during Fulham's relegation season, scoring 11 goals in the Premier League.

He is under contract with the club until June 2023.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-make-lucrative-offer-fulham-star-bid-made/

WhiteJC

SESS YES? Fulham 2019/20 home and away kits: New adidas strips announced but release has fans worried about Ryan Sessegnon

Tottenham Hotspur have targeted the young Englishman and many are reading into the fact he ISN'T pictured wearing Fulham's new jerseys

A new kit release is something which usually excites fans and when they do disappoint it's normally due to a dodgy design.

Fulham fans, however, have been left downhearted by the fact wonderkid Ryan Sessegnon hasn't been pictured in either their new home strip, or their new away one.

The Championship side, relegated from the Premier League last term, are doing all they can to hold onto their stars after the demotion.

Aleksandar Mitrovic is one of the men they're desperate to keep and he's right at the front of their new kit launch, along with André-Frank Zambo Anguissa and youngster Marlon Fossey.

Sessegnon's highly-rated brother is also pictured back-left, despite being linked with a move to Tottenham at the same time as Ryan.

But seeing their 'poster boy' absent from the photoshoot has got supporters down in the dumps.

https://talksport.com/football/efl/564154/fulham-201920-kits-adidas-ryan-sessegnon/

WhiteJC

Aleksandar Mitrovic's future in the balance as Fulham chief delivers defiant stance over exit

The 24-year-old is attracting interest from around Europe after the Cottagers were relegated back to the Championship.

Fulham director of football Tony Khan has issued a defiant message regarding the future of Aleksandar Mitrovic.

The Serbian international has been linked with a move away from Craven Cottage following the relegation of Scott Parker's side.

Mitrovic was a central part of Fulham's promotion to the Premier League, and also racked up 11 goals for the struggling side in the top flight.

(Image: Clive Rose/Getty Images)

The £30million-rated striker has been linked with a move to West Ham and Fenerbache this summer, but speaking in a special interview with the Fulhamish podcast , Tony Khan insists that he plan to keep the 24-year-old in west London.

He said: "I would like to retain as many of our key players as possible, and that includes Aleksandar Mitrovic.

"We made a big investment to get him here and I believe in him.

"Last season he played so hard for us and he sets a great tone in the dressing room and on the pitch. I am doing everything I can to keep him.

"I have a great relationship with him and we have had a lot of talks. He loves Fulham, he loves the club, he loves the people here, he loves his team-mates."

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/alekandar-mitrovic-fulham-transfer-news-16488183

WhiteJC

Fulham chief sends West Ham and Crystal Palace an Aleksandar Mitrovic warning

West Ham United and Crystal Palace are reportedly keen to keep Mitrovic in the Premier League but Fulham want him to spearhead their Championship challenge.

Fulham will do everything possible to keep Aleksandar Mitrovic at Craven Cottage this summer despite ongoing links with West Ham United and Crystal Palace, vice-chairman Tony Khan has told the Fulhamish podcast.

The Serbian international was one of the few Fulham players who came out of the 2018/19 season with any credit as The Cottagers were relegated immediately back to the Championship.

Mitrovic scored 11 goals in the Premier League, terrifying defenders with his increasingly controlled aggression and fearsome aerial presence. He would have surely found the net more regularly with better players around him.

So just imagine how prolific the former Newcastle striker could be in an attack alongside Wilfried Zaha and Andros Townsend or Pablo Fornals and Felipe Anderson.

The Standard reports that both West Ham and Crystal Palace are keen to keep Mitrovic in the Premier League. The 24-year-old is apparently valued at £30 million (The Express).

But he is simply priceless for a Fulham side who are already planning to seal a return to the Premier League at the first time of asking.

"I would like to retain as many of our key players as possible, and that includes Aleksandar Mitrovic. We made a big investment to get him here and I believe in him," Khan said.

"Last season he played so hard for us and he sets a great tone in the dressing room and on the pitch. I am doing everything I can to keep him.

With West Ham's pursuit of both Maxi Gomez and Salomon Rondon hitting the buffers, you can guarantee that they will have listened to Khan's comments with interest.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/06/26/fulham-chief-sends-west-ham-and-crystal-palace-an-aleksandar-mit/

WhiteJC

Tottenham must consider Kieran Tierney as Ryan Sessegnon alternative

Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly in the market for a new left-back.

Tottenham seem like they are going to be incredibly busy this summer.

Lyon ace Tanguy Ndombele seems to be inching ever closer to joining Spurs (Sky Sports), whilst they continue to chase Real Betis midfielder Giovani Lo Celso (Sky Sports).

Another one of Tottenham's key summer targets is Fulham's £35 million-rated Ryan Sessegnon, according to the Daily Mail.

Whilst the 19-year-old is a real talent, might Spurs be better off targeting Celtic's Kieran Tierney instead?

The Scotland international could be available for £25 million this summer, according to the Sun - that's £10 million cheaper than Sessegnon, and it could be argued that the Celtic ace is actually a better player than the Englishman.

At 22, Tierney is more experienced than Sessegnon, and he is undoubtedly a better defender than the Fulham starlet.

The Celtic ace is also a real threat in the final third, and he seems to be tailor made for the way in which Tottenham play.

The north London outfit need to spend big this summer, if they are to challenge for the Premier League title next season, so saving around £10 million by signing Tierney instead of Sessegnon might just appeal to Daniel Levy.

The Celtic star has proven over the past two years that he has the potential to become a truly elite player, and Tottenham would be the ideal club for him to continue his progress.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/06/26/tottenham-must-consider-kieran-tierney-as-ryan-sessegnon-alterna/

WhiteJC

Fulham outline stance on key forward

Fulham vice-chairman Tony Khan has said the club are doing everything they can to keep star striker Aleksandar Mitrovic this summer.

The West London side are preparing for life back in the Championship after they were relegated from the Premier League last season.

The Serbian has attracted attention from clubs across Europe, with West Ham, Real Betis, Bayer Leverkusen and Fenerbahce all reported to be interested.

Speaking to the Fulhamish podcast (26/06), Khan indicated that he was pushing as hard as he could to keep the striker at the club.

He said: "I would like to retain as many of our key players as possible, that is what we are working on right now.

"That does include Aleksandar Mitrovic. I have a great relationship with him and we have had a lot of talks.

"He really loves Fulham, he loves the club, he loves the people here, he loves his teammates, he loves [Craven] Cottage, and he and I get along great.

"He is one of the straightest shooters and most hard-working guys. If you don't take your job seriously and you're stealing from the football club by not earning your keep then he will be first person to call you out and I really like that accountability.

"We made a big move and investment to get him here and I believe it was a great investment for us.

"He sets a great tone in the dressing room and on the pitch. I would love to do everything I can to get Mitro back and I am doing everything I can to keep him."

The Verdict
Keeping Mitrovic at the club this summer could be a great bit of business by Fulham, as long as the Serbian wants to be there.

The forward, who is valued at £22.5 million by Transfermarkt, scored 12 goals in 17 appearances during his last spell in the Championship and would be among the top strikers in the league if Fulham can keep him.

Khan praised Mitrovic for his attitude but it has been questioned in the past, particularly at Newcastle United, and if the forward wants to leave then I can't see any benefit in keeping him at the club.

The Whites will be targeting promotion next season and will need all of their players fully motivated because getting back to the Premier League will be a long, hard slog – especially given the number of quality teams in the Championship this season.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-outline-stance-on-key-forward/

WhiteJC

'Uninspiring', 'Dreadful' – Plenty of Fulham fans react to club's recent reveal

Fulham have launched their new home and away kits for the 2019-20 season and plenty of supporters have taken to social media to give their reaction to the new designs.

The home is a simple all-white design, with subtle red detailing around the collar, while the away kit is a modern take on the red and black striped designs as seen on previous Fulham kits.

Fulham posted these two photos on the club's official Twitter feed, showing the new home kit worn by striker Aleksandar Mitrovic, while the away kit can be seen worn by captain Tom Cairney.

Fulham manager Scott Parker will be hoping to assemble a squad that can challenge for automatic promotion next season, following their disappointing campaign in the Premier League, which ended in relegation.

The Whites will begin the new season with an away game against newly-promoted Barnsley at Oakwell, before their first home game of the campaign against Blackburn Rovers.

The new kits caused a reaction from Fulham fans on social media, with some fans pleased with the new designs and others slightly underwhelmed by the home kit.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/uninspiring-dreadful-plenty-of-fulham-fans-react-to-clubs-recent-reveal/

sunburywhite

Quote from: WhiteJC on June 27, 2019, 07:43:03 AM
SESS YES? Fulham 2019/20 home and away kits: New adidas strips announced but release has fans worried about Ryan Sessegnon

Tottenham Hotspur have targeted the young Englishman and many are reading into the fact he ISN'T pictured wearing Fulham's new jerseys

A new kit release is something which usually excites fans and when they do disappoint it's normally due to a dodgy design.

Fulham fans, however, have been left downhearted by the fact wonderkid Ryan Sessegnon hasn't been pictured in either their new home strip, or their new away one.

The Championship side, relegated from the Premier League last term, are doing all they can to hold onto their stars after the demotion.

Aleksandar Mitrovic is one of the men they're desperate to keep and he's right at the front of their new kit launch, along with André-Frank Zambo Anguissa and youngster Marlon Fossey.

Sessegnon's highly-rated brother is also pictured back-left, despite being linked with a move to Tottenham at the same time as Ryan.

But seeing their 'poster boy' absent from the photoshoot has got supporters down in the dumps.

https://talksport.com/football/efl/564154/fulham-201920-kits-adidas-ryan-sessegnon/

He is away with the U21's so was hardly going to fly back to show off the Primark range of clothing
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

WhiteJC

The Fulham youngsters who can shine in the Championship

With relegation, typically there is some belt-tightening and a shrinking of the budget. Senior players leave as the playing squad gets smaller and the wage budget drops. Teams with well-run academies will look to promote their graduates into their first-team squad. Fulham, having experienced dropping out of the top flight relatively recently, have a good record in this respect. Marcus Bettinelli became a contender for the number one shirt almost straightaway, Moussa Dembele forged a formidable strike partnership alongside Ross McCormack and most notably Ryan Sessegnon, who had won promotion via the play-offs, become Championship Player of the Year, Young Championship Player of the Year, Championship Apprentice of the Year and twice selected in the Championship Team of the Year and was the first player to ever be nominated for the PFA Young Player of the Year award from outside of the Premier League. All that before he turned nineteen.

In terms of contributions to the football club, those three are likely the most successful, but that doesn't understate the impact of gaining £12m from Patrick Roberts, or getting a stellar year out of Lasse Vigen Christensen (which saw him named third in the clubs Player of the Season vote) plus further income as he was sold to Brondby. Emerson Hyndman, Jack Grimmer, Dan Burn and Cauley Woodrow all featured consistently while Tayo Edun, Luca De La Torre, Dennis Adeniran and Stephen Humphrys earned Championship minutes. It shouldn't need stressing that Fulham's academy is a vital resource for free talent, developed within your system and familiar to your set up. Philosophically, I believe that when there's a gap in your squad your eyes should be looking to your academy before the transfer market – a view that is shared by the likes of Huw Jennings at Motspur Park.

A novice manager like Scott Parker might be resistant to throwing in some of the kids early in his tenure, but Parker has been around the club whilst the academy has been churning out a conveyor belt of young talent and already shown his willingness to give some of the brightest prospects an opportunity. It seems a great shame that Harvey Elliott, who Parker gave a couple of Premier League substitutes' appearances to late in the season, wil be moving on to pastures new. The question is who will Parker be looking to include over the summer with a small senior squad already slimmed down by a number of international call-ups.

Marek Rodak:

Two years on loan at Rotherham with a League One play-off promotion success and a year in the Championship, Rodak comes back to Fulham with a strong reputation. Rotherham was the perfect place for Rotherham to develop as he was by far the most active goalkeeper in the division. He was only bettered by saves in general thanks to Sam Johnstone's three extra games (two via the playoffs), come to the end of the 46 game season, Rodak led the division in that department. Though goalkeepers are hard to quantify purely by using numbers, on face value they don't tend to take into account style of the team played in or communication and organisation of a defence and that's where the eye test comes in. I've watched Marek Rodak since he joined the club at 16, and have said for years he's one of the best I've seen at youth level. A modern goalkeeper, Marek is a sensational shot-stopper on a tall and lean frame that like Sergio Rico will elect to punch, Rodak's distribution is of a strong level also but consistent long balls playing for lowly Rotherham distorts the numbers somewhat. Rodak should be part of the squad this coming season and compete with Marcus Bettinelli for the starting position and I'd back him to take it; the Slovakian is a big reason as to why I don't think we should sign a keeper this summer.

Matt O'Riley:

It's criminal that O'Riley has just fewer than 10 appearances despite being around the first team for two years. A classy holding midfield player, O'Riley has been linked to a move to Borussia Dortmund, Arsenal and both Manchester clubs in the past for a reason. Possessing every attribute required to be an excellent modern-day deep-lying playmaker, O'Riley's left foot can cover every blade of grass and not only is his range of passing of quality, but he can also thread passes of precision through opposition midfield and defences. A local born in Hounslow, O'Riley was set to become the ideal type, in theory, to replace Kevin McDonald in the holding role of Slavisa Jokanovic's 4-3-3 system but with Premier League football came investment that saw O'Riley play just five minutes of senior football. Central midfield remains one of the tougher positions to transition from youth football to the senior stuff but England youth international O'Riley should be seen as one to provide depth, more so than an Ibrahima Cisse in my personal opinion.

Luca De La Torre:

Luca joined Fulham at 15 and has been admired by the academy ever since. An attacking midfielder, De La Torre can play on either wing or in the hole comfortably and possesses a direct dribbling ability as well as being able to pick out a pass. At the Under 20 World Cup in 2017, Luca De La Torre was top assister for the American side that surprised many in reaching the last eight and was man-of-the-match in Fulham's League Cup win at Millwall last September, but then bizarrely wasn't selected for the senior side again. With Fulham's relegation and a cutting of the budget, I truly believe that De La Torre would be a competent option out wide. In our promotion season, the goal contribution from fringe wingers Neeskens Kebano and Sheyi Ojo was six each and, although the analysis of the position is deeper than goals and assists alone, it does highlight that the bar to success is not too high. Why spend money, wages or loan fees on elsewhere to provide depth on the wings when Luca could well do that for you? There's being ambitious, and then there's being smart. De La Torre possesses talent that that can shine in the Championship and has the perfect personality to be a complimentary piece in a promotion chasing side.

Steven Sessegnon

With similar potential to his twin brother, Steven's progress was halted by a nasty knee injury picked up on international duty with the England U16s but prior to then, Steven and Ryan Sessegnon were part of a Fulham under 16 team that won the 2015 Under-16 Premier League International Cup alongside the likes of Matt O'Riley. In this tournament, whilst Ryan took home the award of attacker of the tournament as Steven won the defender award which is a perfect analogy when comparing the two. Whilst Ryan always had the flashier attacking production, Steven was always the superior defender; capable of playing all three defensive positions can produce in the final third as his performances in the 2017 Under 17 World Cup displayed, contributing four assists in five matches from the right-back position displaying a delightful delivery as England won their first World Cup at any level since 1966.

I honestly believe that Cyrus Christie is a fine Championship right back, but the competition will be strong from Steven and fellow academy graduate Marlon Fossey. Steven, unlike his brother, has dedicated his future to the club as he signed a contract to the football club until 2023 at the latest. The previous Championship campaign saw a few talented young full-backs break onto the scene, namely Max Aarons of Norwich and Jayden Bogle of Derby and Fulham will hope that Steven Sessegnon can stake his claim to be the next of that ilk and rejoin his brother in the eyes of the mainstream footballing world as part of England's future.

Tyrese Francois:

The last of my ones to keep an eye on, I believe Tyrese is criminally looked over when people discuss those that could break into the first team. Suited to a Slavisa Jokanovic style of play, Francois is a diminutive central midfield player who possesses the technical ability to keep the ball ticking over. While his frame doesn't appear to be top level, he possesses what is almost a bizarre speed in central midfield, like a winger in a way which allows him to press ferociously, recover possession and move into space in a really unique way I don't recall seeing often in the game. Francois has been with the first team often through the previous year or so and has featured in friendlies but yet to make his first team debut, this season could be the one as Fulham could continue to use the Capital One Cup as an opportunity for these to experience first team football and spaces could open up in the central midfield position.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2019/06/the-fulham-youngsters-who-can-shine-in-the-championship/

WhiteJC

Fresh bid submitted for Fulham star

Fenerbahce have tabled a fresh bid for Aleksandar Mitrovic, according to Turkish outlet Yeni Safak.

The report suggests a loan offer has been submitted for the striker, believed to be worth £2.5m, with the possibility of a clause included which could see the Serbian move permanently for £15m.

Mitrovic has been at the centre of much transfer discussion this summer but so far Fulham have held firm and countered any offers made.

Fulham reportedly want £30m for the striker, an asking price which looks to have deterred interest from the likes of Real Betis and West Ham, and it would mean that Fenerbahce have little chance in signing him.

However, the Turkish giants have also reportedly offered Mitrovic £5m a year plus bonuses, and that could encourage the 24-year-old to request a move. In that case, Fulham may have to sell him for less than they wanted, or else risk keeping an unhappy player in the squad.

The Verdict
It appears that Mitrovic will leave Fulham at some point this summer, it is just a matter of where, how much for, and whether it will be on a permanent basis.

The Cottagers should consider this deal. Allowing him to leave on loan would still allow the club to bring in some extra funds, and if they do gain promotion then Mitrovic could come back into the team for the Premier League.

An asking price of £30m is quite high for a player of his quality, particularly as Fulham only spent around £20m on him last summer. He is a player deserving of playing in the top-tier so it is understandable if he wants to leave the club, and if Fulham want to sign Dwight Gayle then they need all the funds they can get their hands on.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fresh-bid-submitted-for-fulham-star/

WhiteJC

Dortmund set to miss out on Sessegnon as Spurs close in

Borussia Dortmund are set to miss out on a deal to sign Ryan Sessegnon, with Tottenham confident of securing his signature this summer, according to the Daily Mail.

Following Fulham's relegation from the Premier League, it is clear to see that 19-year-old wants to play at the highest level and leaving the Cottagers looks inevitable at this stage.

Both Dortmund and Tottenham are said to be the front runners for the player's signature, but with the youngster having never played outside of England, Pochettino is confident of securing a deal for the Fulham man.

The Bundesliga has proven to be beneficial for a number of young English players including the likes of Jadon Sancho.

Sessegnon could follow in his footsteps, similar to what Jonjoe Kenny has done this season by moving from Everton to Schalke on loan, but it now looks unlikely.

Wherever the young player ends up, he will provide pace, athleticism and movement in attack, as well as a good amount of first-team experience for someone so young.

https://readbundesliga.com/2019/06/26/dortmund-set-to-miss-out-on-sessegnon-as-spurs-close-in/

WhiteJC

Player has 'concrete' offer from Fulham – Cottagers see him has 'ideal profile' for PL return

Needing to make some changes to their squad following their relegation from the Premier League, Fulham are looking to bolster their defence to try and make a swift return to England's top-tier.

One of the recurring names so far has been that of Chema, currently contracted to Levante in La Liga until June 2020.

Having just one year left on his deal makes this summer a good opportunity for a move, and El Desmarque reveal the defender has already received a 'concrete' offer from the Cottagers for his services.

The Spanish outlet explain Fulham see in Chema the 'ideal profile' of a centre-back capable of helping them return to the Premier League.

In fact, with his contractual situation as it is now, El Desmarque state 'everything points' towards the 27-year-old leaving Levante in the summer.

Whether that is for Fulham, however, remains to be seen.

Chema bounced in an out of Levante's first-team last year, making 19 appearances in La Liga, during which he scored two goals.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/player-concrete-offer-fulham-cottagers-see-ideal-profile-pl-return/

WhiteJC

Ex-Fulham & Watford boss 'keen' on NUFC job – despite accepting new role 10 days ago – Report

According to the Northern Echo, former Fulham and Watford boss Slavisa Jokanovic is 'keen' to replace Rafa Benitez at Newcastle United.

This comes just 10 days after he the Serbian was appointed the new manager of Qatar club Al-Gharafa – the side Mo Diame looks set to join – however it's claimed he would jump at the chance to take over on Tyneside if an offer came his way.

The same piece states that Laurent Blanc and David Moyes have also contacted the club to make their interest known, while Steve Bruce, Gennaro Gattuso and Arsene Wenger are also mentioned by the Northern Echo – although the latter sounds like a non starter.

Back to Jokanovic, I'm sure he is keen to make a swift return to Premier League football after a short-lived spell with Fulham last year, however I can't see him being offered the job.

He had Fulham playing some brilliant football during their 2017/18 promotion season, however they showed real naivety following their return to the top flight, with them lacking discipline and seemingly woefully poor at the back.

http://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2019/06/26/ex-fulham-watford-boss-keen-on-nufc-job-despite-accepting-new-role-10-days-ago-report/

WhiteJC

Palace interested in loan deal for Seri

Crystal Palace are interested in signing Fulham midfielder Jean Seri on loan this summer.

According to journalist Ed Aarons, Palace would only be keen to sign Seri if it was initially on loan, rather than an outright purchase.

He also claims that Turkish giants Galatasaray have already made an offer to take him on loan, whilst Monaco and Roma are also waiting in the wings.

Seri signed for Fulham from OCG Nice last summer but failed to help the club retain their place in the Premier League as they finished 19th in the table.

Fulham will now be playing in the Championship again next season, but Seri appears to have plenty of suitors ready to offer him top-flight football.

https://readcrystalpalace.com/2019/06/26/palace-interested-in-loan-deal-for-seri/

WhiteJC

The slow start to the summer window shows Fulham have learnt their lesson

It was only 11 months ago when the Fulham official twitter account fired signing after signing, sending their fanbase into a frenzy. The pundits applauded Fulham for their 'remarkable' set of £100m business and optimism roared from Craven Cottage. Shahid and Tony Khan, the former being the club owner and the latter being the Fulham Director of Football, admitted it was a part of their 'vision'. It was the beginning of a new era after five-years of rebuilding in the Championship.

Nonetheless, the Khan's 'vision' had a fatal flaw – they failed to learn from their local rivals Queens Park Rangers. QPR threw the cheque book at Premier League survival in 2013 and failed miserably. Limbo is a consistent theme within the Championship and there is no time to wait as the goldmine of the Premier League continues to fuel teams above.

The Whites are in a peculiar position heading into pre-season. Bouncing back to the Premier League will be at the front of the Khan's minds. Though, the trajectory of how they want to do it remains in question. A common case to handle relegation is to roll the dice, take advantage of the muscle of the Premier League parachute payments and strive towards promotion with a pool of talent that is considered too good to not get promoted. QPR, West Brom, Aston Villa, Newcastle United and Stoke City are examples who have used this method, but have received a mixture of success.

However, the mild start to the transfer window indicates Shahid and Tony Khan are not willing to go all-in on this year's promotion chase. The futures of midfielders Jean Michael Seri and Andre-Frank Anguissa, who joined Fulham last summer for a estimated £50m in total, remain in doubt. Villarreal have reportedly set their sights on obtaining Anguissa on loan, while other reports suggest Seri has declared he wants to leave Craven Cottage with the Ivorian having no interest in playing Championship football.

Similarly, Ryan Sessegnon has little interest in staying after he rejected a new contract. The transfer window is still young, but with the clock counting down, necessary replacements will be needed. The potential signing of Newcastle striker Dwight Gayle for £20m would be a bold statement of intent if Alexsandar Mitrovic leaves the West London side.

Fulham must use the window to rebuild on the fringes caused by their failure last season. Though, Fulham fans should admire their slow start to the transfer window. Owners regularly fall into the trap of gambling, like Fulham did last season. It wouldn't have been surprising to see Fulham immediately to take similar strides as their predecessors and throw money at the team.

On the other hand, the Khans seemed to have learnt their lesson. They may not be in the position to follow the path of their 2017-18 squad and, most recently, Norwich City, but it is a welcoming change to how relegated clubs treat the Championship. Appointing Parker suggests the Fulham board are willing to trust an inexperienced former player to take the reign to improve the squad and culture surrounding Craven Cottage; an area which took a dark turn last season. Despite patient being a rare occurrence amongst modern owners, Parker will need it if he is to rebuild this Fulham side physically and psychologically.

The Khans seemed to have altered their 'vision' in the transfer market and are refusing to make the same mistakes. They have learnt the harsh realities of transforming the transfer window into a hectic period of squad overhauls. The remainder of the window will tell whether they have truly taken a different course, or it was only a false dawn.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/the-slow-start-to-the-summer-window-shows-fulham-have-learnt-their-lesson/

WhiteJC

Fixtures In Focus: Part Four

Hull, Leeds, Luton and Middlesbrough are the next four clubs under the microscope as we look ahead to 2019/20.

Hull City

After a difficult start to the 2018/19 season, a sequence of six wins in a row suggested Hull might be dark horses for the Play-Offs as they moved to within four points of the top-six. But their form tailed off after that point and they were unable to maintain the momentum required to gatecrash the party. Former Doncaster Rovers manager Grant McCann will lead the Tigers this coming season, after Nigel Adkins parted company with the club at the end of his contract.

Last season: 13th

Top scorer: Jarrod Bowen (22)

Dafabet promotion odds: 12/1

2019/20 fixtures: Craven Cottage 02/11/19, KCOM Stadium 11/01/20

Last five meetings:

Hull (Bowen, Dicko) 2-2 Fulham (Kamara 2) – 30/12/17

Fulham (Ayité, Johansen) 2-1 Hull (Bowen) – 13/09/17

Fulham (Aluko, Martin, Sessegnon, Johansen) 4-1 Hull (Evandro) – 29/01/17

Fulham 0-1 Hull (Hernandez pen) – 23/01/16

Hull (Elmohamady, Aluko) 2-1 Fulham (Cairney) – 19/08/15

Leeds United
After spending much of the campaign inside the top-two, Leeds' form dipped at the worst possible time, and they were pipped to the second automatic promotion spot by Yorkshire rivals Sheffield United. They then seemed in control of their Play-Off tie against Derby County, but a barmy second leg at Elland Road saw the Rams sneak through to Wembley 4-3 on aggregate courtesy of a late goal. Despite the disappointment, Marcelo Bielsa's presence at Leeds has seen an upturn in morale and fortunes, and fans would have been delighted at the recent news that he'll still be at the helm this coming season.

Last season: 3rd

Top scorer: Kemar Roofe (15)

Dafabet promotion odds: 9/5

2019/20 fixtures: Craven Cottage 21/12/19, Elland Road 18/03/20

Last five meetings:

Fulham (McDonald, Mitrović) 2-0 Leeds – 03/04/18

Leeds 0-0 Fulham – 15/08/17

Fulham (Cairney) 1-1 Leeds (Ream og) – 07/03/17

Leeds (Wood) 1-1 Fulham (Cairney) – 16/08/16

Leeds (Cook) 1-1 Fulham (Cairney) – 23/02/16

Luton Town
Luton managed to claim the League One title despite the loss of their manager Nathan Jones to Stoke City in January. Mick Harford – who had previously played for and managed the Hatters – took charge on an interim basis, and successfully continued the good work of his predecessor, although they didn't make sure of the title until the final day. Graeme Jones – who worked as Roberto Martinez's number two with Belgium, and most recently under Darren Moore at West Brom – has been appointed their manager going into the 2019/20 campaign.

Last season: 1st (League One)

Top scorer: James Collins (25)

Dafabet promotion odds: 14/1

2019/20 fixtures: Craven Cottage 23/10/19, Kenilworth Road 26/12/19

Last five meetings:

Luton 0-3 Fulham (Hayles 2, Hayward) – 21/12/99

Fulham (Horsfield, Davis) 2-2 Luton (George, Spring) – 11/12/99

Luton 0-4 Fulham (Horsfield 2, Trollope, Hayles) – 09/03/99

Fulham (Neilson) 1-3 Luton (Gray, Douglas, Davis) – 03/10/98

Fulham (Lightbourne) 1-2 Luton (Marshall, Thorpe) – 27/01/98

Middlesbrough

After reaching the Play-Off Semi-Finals and some hefty summer recruitment, Boro began the 2018/19 campaign with hopes of a top-two finish. Those ambitions faded away but they looked nailed on for another shot at the Play-Offs, until a disastrous run of six consecutive defeats in March/April saw them fall significantly behind the chasing pack. They turned things around, winning five of their final six, but they missed out on sixth spot to Derby County on the last day. Tony Pulis then departed, with former player and coach Jonathan Woodgate taking the reins.

Last season: 7th

Top scorer: Britt Assombalonga (16)

Dafabet promotion odds: 15/4

2019/20 fixtures: Riverside Stadium 26/10/19, Craven Cottage 18/01/20

Last five meetings:

Middlesbrough 0-1 Fulham (Norwood pen) – 13/01/18

Fulham (Kamara) 1-1 Middlesbrough (Christie) – 23/09/17

Fulham (De Sart og, Christensen) 2-1 Middlesbrough (Nugent) – 24/08/16

Fulham 0-2 Middlesbrough (Adomah, Leadbitter pen) – 27/02/16

Middlesbrough 0-0 Fulham – 17/10/15

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/june/27/fixtures-in-focus-part-four