watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ryan Tunnicliffe off to the Hatters on a free

Started by Burt, July 01, 2019, 08:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

Luton have signed Millwall midfielder Ryan Tunnicliffe on a free transfer.

The former Manchester United trainee, 26, becomes the Hatters' third signing since winning promotion to the Championship after Callum McManaman and Martin Crainie.

Tunnicliffe was released by Millwall after playing 31 times last season.

"Ryan is somebody with a great pedigree, having been at Man United as a kid," said Luton manager Graeme Jones.

"Again, he is in the category of a player who comes with great Championship experience and who has also played in the Premier League.

"He can play on the left or right side of midfield, is technically capable and physically he's an animal in terms of distance and intensity."

Luton have not disclosed the length of Tunnicliffe's contract.

Tunnicliffe made two League Cup appearances for United and played in the Premier League for Fulham. He has also played for Peterborough, Barnsley, Ipswich, Wigan and Blackburn, all on loan.

He told the Luton website: "I'm really excited to be here. It's been a long drawn-out process doing the contracts, but I can't wait to get going.

"I met the gaffer about four or five weeks ago. After the season finished he wanted to get to know me face to face and see my personality, and that's when I knew that something could happen here.

"Knowing his resume, and where he's worked and people he's worked with is impressive. But sitting and talking to him - listening to how he likes to play the game, how this year he's planning on playing - just really excited me and I can't wait to get stuck into it."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48833670

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I was talking to a Milwall season ticket holder last week and he was surprised that they had released Tunnicliffe. He said that he had heard a rumour that they had changed their minds and were going to offer him a new contract. Obviously not.
His view of Ryan was that he would run his heart out for seventy minutes and then disappear from the game. Probably why they let him go.

I Ronic

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on July 01, 2019, 08:59:02 PM
I was talking to a Milwall season ticket holder last week and he was surprised that they had released Tunnicliffe. He said that he had heard a rumour that they had changed their minds and were going to offer him a new contract. Obviously not.
His view of Ryan was that he would run his heart out for seventy minutes and then disappear from the game. Probably why they let him go.

Surely that's where coaching and good man management then steps in. From what  I saw of him, he did the unsung stuff and covered his teammates. Hope this works out for him.

Bassey the warrior

Never was a fan. Plenty of heart but not much else from Ryan.