more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Score update

Started by Riversider, July 06, 2019, 12:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 06, 2019, 06:32:54 PM
I remember the days when posters accused me of being miserable and negative. Good grief I feel like a happy, skipping Pixie collecting dandelions in a field of happy, waving flowers joyfully welcoming the season of good feeling. Compared to the continual grief and pessimism every time I read fof.

:plus one:

I've been posting regularly on forums since 1997 and honestly I cannot remember a forum being more 'glass half empty' than fof.

I'm very optimistic about the season in spite of this loss.   I already knew I didn't want Odoi and Christie as opening day starters and a win today wouldn't have changed that.

I'm glad we have Ryan Sess, Mitro and Anguissa under contract.

Fulham 442

Our grim last season after the euphoria of our promotion certainly seems to be having a lingering effect on the boards general postings. Personally I think pre season friendlies mean nothing but when we got promoted prior to last season we came up with a Premier League team already in place.  That was why we stayed up for as long as we did. Mistakes were made last season with our recruitment,  which is plain for us all to see. We needed to strengthen in certain areas but instead we destroyed the core of the team and the team spirit along with it. I sincerely hope lessons have been learned but I fear not.

Riversider

For balance of fair play its worth pointing out that Division 4 Cambridge changed their entire side at half time, so at some point during the game we were playing their reserves,
So yes we had one or two missing but even so we werent playing their strongest team either.

wheelerdeeler

From reading the match report and looking through the teams for both halves it was seemingly set up so 1st Half Cambridge would have the majority of the ball and were attacking us, whereas 2nd Half it was the reverse which was presumably agreed upon by the two managers hence the game being behind closed doors.

It just so happens that we didn't get the rub of the green in-front of goal in the 2nd Half given Cairney's hit the bar and it sounds like we missed 4 or 5 decent chances.

FulhamKC

Still, shouldn't we be able to beat Cambridge United no matter who we play and when we play them?

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: FulhamKC on July 07, 2019, 02:07:47 AM
Still, shouldn't we be able to beat Cambridge United no matter who we play and when we play them?

Arsenal drew 3-3 with Boreham Wood today as well. It is just preseason.

RaySmith

You don't want players going all out in friendlies and getting injured.

Being behind closed doors makes it even more of a run out, early training exercise for the squad.

Nero

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on July 07, 2019, 02:36:06 AM
Quote from: FulhamKC on July 07, 2019, 02:07:47 AM

Arsenal drew 3-3 with Boreham Wood today as well. It is just preseason.

or we both still have crap defenses   :005:

OldBrownShoe

Not a glass half full or empty. Seemingly we cannot even afford a glass. Team to be re-named The Tony Khan All-Stars.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

toshes mate

Colin Calderwood had this to say looking ahead to the game at Motspur Park.

"I am looking forward to a tough test against the Cottagers.  It looks like an attractive game and it'll be a tough game in all sorts of ways.  We're looking forward to it, but it's a training session.  It'll be two 45-minute sections, and most boys will do 45."

I am guessing he will not be drawing too many conclusions from the game other than focusing on those things he was looking for and at before the match started.  Likewise I hope it was the same for SP and his charges, lessons to be learned, things to be done, new ways to be identified for solving old problems.   Just a chance to test things out and get players fit for what is to come.

Perhaps, looking at the comments on here, it was just as well we lost.  Complacency can be the biggest killer of all.

Mince n Tatties

Some sides do take friendlies serious, three results from yesterday.
Hallen(Glos) 0  Bristol City14
Yate Town 1 Bristol Rovers10
Lanarkshire Miners fc 0 East Fife 17....lol😊

KJS

The reaction to a defeat in the first friendly on here by some posters verge on the pathetic😡

bog

Was T Khan on the bench?  :022:

092.gif

Milo

Quote from: Nero on July 06, 2019, 04:40:00 PM
Fulham
Line-up: Bettinelli (Rodák 46'); Christie (Sessegnon 46'), Odoi (Mawson 46'), Le Marchand (Opoku 46'), Mundle-Smith (Bryan 46'); Francois (De La Torre 46'), McDonald (Cairney 46'), Edun (O'Riley 46'); Ayité (Kebano 46'), Harris (Rui Fonte 60'), Santos-Clase (Kamara 60')

But! Can we at least give Parker credit for playing first team players in his pre-season friendlies.

Betts/Rodak
Christie
Odoi/Mawson
Le Marchand
Bryan
MacDonald/Cairney
Kebano/Ayite
Kamara

We also gave Edun, S Sess, De la Torre, and O'Reilly a run out.

For the first game of the preseason, this was good team selection with what we currently have.

For Parker to get further managerial kudos, he should now slowly give the first team players more of the game ie 60mins, then 75 mins until the West Ham game which should be treated as a proper match.

JoelH5

Didn't we lose like 7-1 to a chelsea reserve team in preseason when we went up the year before last?
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Gezza

Quote from: bog on July 07, 2019, 11:37:40 AM
Was T Khan on the bench?  :022:

092.gif
Oh lets have another go at Tony Kahn.....pathetic !

David I

It's only a preseason game, thats ok then - makes it a fantastic result. I'm sure it's boosted the guys moral no end 🙄
Oldham, Cambridge....

I am hoping we'll pick up enough points to avoid a relegation battle but realistic enough to realise that we'll struggle to be top 6.

Luka

Knibbs scored again. That's him scored in his last three games against us.
Must like the air down here !!

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: JoelH5 on July 07, 2019, 12:28:14 PM
Didn't we lose like 7-1 to a chelsea reserve team in preseason when we went up the year before last?

8-2. But we didn't win until the 6th round and were 17th in November. I agree that friendlies at this stage won't tell us much but we really need to be better prepared for the start of the season than we've been the last couple of years.

JoelH5

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on July 07, 2019, 02:08:11 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on July 07, 2019, 12:28:14 PM

8-2. But we didn't win until the 6th round and were 17th in November. I agree that friendlies at this stage won't tell us much but we really need to be better prepared for the start of the season than we've been the last couple of years.

Yes we cant keep starting slow.
I was there, standing in the Putney end