watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Konsa

Started by JoelH5, July 07, 2019, 02:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

Being in the PL last year I didnt follow the Championship and am therefore a bit ignorant to Konsa.

I do know he's tall, relatively fast and had a few England u21 appearances. Brentford are getting in two new CB apparently. Are these upgrades or to replace Konsa leaving? If it's the former and we're looking to win the league, surely we can do better?
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Tabby

We'd probably pay more than £5 million for Konsa, so it'd be a replacement.

Brentford have done well in managing to replace their sold players. Last year they sold Mepham and Egan and managed to replace them with Konsa and Janvier. Now Konsa is rumoured to be going for three times as much as they got him for.

I'd personally rate Jansson higher than Konsa, but I can't say I've seen a lot of Brentford games over the last year.

Danitar

Konsa is better on the ball and in interceptions which is better with the way we play better than say jansson who is more vocal and physical. Konsa is young so has a lot of upside to him. I would be going all out of this guy, played very well against the top 6 in the championship

ffc73

I know nothing about any of the 3 CBs but the maths seems wrong to me. If the speculation is correct, Brentford buy 2x good CBs then ask us to pay more than their outlay on 2 to buy 1.  It has been said before on here, we should consider acquiring Brentford's scouting network as they seem to unearth gems every year

Also. I thought their Chairman has previously said he will not sell to us. If so we can forget about any incoming from Brentford

Tabby

Quote from: FFC73 on July 07, 2019, 04:30:53 PM

Also. I thought their Chairman has previously said he will not sell to us. If so we can forget about any incoming from Brentford

Never heard that myself. Not sure why they'd be against it, we haven't screwed them on any transfers and they've sold to teams competing with them before.

JoelH5

Quote from: Tabby on July 07, 2019, 04:43:05 PM

Never heard that myself. Not sure why they'd be against it, we haven't screwed them on any transfers and they've sold to teams competing with them before.

Plus the Button transfer
I was there, standing in the Putney end

filham

I know nothing about any of the 3 CBs but the maths seems wrong to me. If the speculation is correct, Brentford buy 2x good CBs then ask us to pay more than their outlay on 2 to buy 1.  It has been said before on here, we should consider acquiring Brentford's scouting network as they seem to unearth gems every year

I find that hard to believe , I bet if we got  the amount high enough they wouldn't be bothered about the colour of the money.

Nero

Quote from: filham on July 07, 2019, 06:46:54 PM

I find that hard to believe , I bet if we got  the amount high enough they wouldn't be bothered about the colour of the money.

Think he has a release clause in his contract and them Brentford scout use a lot of stats

Riversider

Quote from: Nero on July 07, 2019, 10:41:15 PM

Think he has a release clause in his contract and them Brentford scout use a lot of stats

Correct, £12 million

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Riversider on July 07, 2019, 10:54:28 PM
Quote from: Nero on July 07, 2019, 10:41:15 PM

Correct, £12 million

Would we be better off getting a both CB and RB for £12 million combined?

fulhamben

Didnt their chairman state a few seasons back that they would never sell to us, cant see him changing his views on that
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

General

Read a fascinating article about how they got rid of their academy and replaced it with signing up and giving second chances to the best young players that get let go from premiership academies which may explain their better squad and pipeline of players.

Apparently Mepham came through this model

General

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/05/brentford-ditched-their-academy-premier-league-outcasts

I've always been left slightly at odds with the value of academies and always also thought it'd be good to introduce an open trials for premier league clubs over the summer for scouting purposes as there's a lot more talent and age becomes a bit more of a negligible thing.

Didn't evra and or vidic get plucked out of obscurity and a similar story with Drogba?

MikeW

One of the players Brentford have purchased is a lad called Pinnock from Barnsley.  If they got him for £3M as reported he's a steal.  Has Prem quality written all over him.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

FPT

For people unfamiliar to players, it's perhaps easiest to make a player comparison. The most fitting is probably Rio Ferdinand (and that's been mentioned before), he's a little shorter but has really good pace and athleticism for the position and a comfortable ball player (third in the division for passing accuracy and sixth for passes completed - both in terms of the centre back position).

I'm local to Charlton, have Charlton supporting family and live near their training ground, I've been aware of Konsa for years and thought he was an excellent signing for Brentford a year ago. Same applies to Joe Aribo who moved to Rangers this summer (he'll be a stud) and Karlan Grant (who moved to Huddersfield in January and finished their top scorer). Konsa has a higher ceiling than Jansson or Hector but isn't as polished right now. He only turns 22 in October which is a baby for the position and would be one of the younger players in the squad.

And I think the owner not selling to us is a myth, since he's been there they've had Marcello Trotta on loan and sold David Button to us.

filham

We have over recent years signed centre backs that have failed us, we need to be certain that the next centre back signing really is an outstanding player. There has to be no doubt that he is clearly better than Ream, Le Marchand, Mawson and Odoi.
We really do not need a bench warmer.

KH17

Quote from: General on July 08, 2019, 02:24:18 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/05/brentford-ditched-their-academy-premier-league-outcasts

I've always been left slightly at odds with the value of academies and always also thought it'd be good to introduce an open trials for premier league clubs over the summer for scouting purposes as there's a lot more talent and age becomes a bit more of a negligible thing.

Didn't evra and or vidic get plucked out of obscurity and a similar story with Drogba?

This does happen but can't comment on actual in-house club trial days.

Players who are released do attend a weeks trial session usually at St. George's park where club scouts are in attendance. There is also a number of privatised trial days for players in a similar situation. It happens for US college scholarship trials so would be a good model for player pipeline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitesideup

Quote from: filham on July 08, 2019, 07:05:47 PM
We have over recent years signed centre backs that have failed us, we need to be certain that the next centre back signing really is an outstanding player. There has to be no doubt that he is clearly better than Ream, Le Marchand, Mawson and Odoi.
We really do not need a bench warmer.
Absolutely. All 4 mentioned are probably good Championship players. Any signings should be intended to improve the squad, not simply fill it out. And Brentford supporters I know do not rate him highly. That doesn't mean he isn't that good, but very often supporters who go every week can offer good insight.

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: fulhamben on July 08, 2019, 02:00:30 PM
Didnt their chairman state a few seasons back that they would never sell to us, cant see him changing his views on that

If there's a release clause I believe he doesn't have a choice?

FFC1987

Quote from: Dr Quinzel on July 09, 2019, 10:45:20 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 08, 2019, 02:00:30 PM

If there's a release clause I believe he doesn't have a choice?

Hasn't this been brought up before and there was no evidence of it? Including deals done with us whilst he was there?