more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Konsa

Started by JoelH5, July 07, 2019, 02:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: MikeW on July 08, 2019, 04:23:26 PM
One of the players Brentford have purchased is a lad called Pinnock from Barnsley.  If they got him for £3M as reported he's a steal.  Has Prem quality written all over him.

Pinnock played at the 3rd level last season so is not included in Khan's statistical model. I don't know if that's still relevant but I fail to understand how a 2nd Division player in Belgium better than a 3rd Division player in England.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Dr Quinzel

Yes, we've done deals with Brentford recently so it doesn't seem to be true.

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on July 09, 2019, 11:47:26 AM
Quote from: MikeW on July 08, 2019, 04:23:26 PM
One of the players Brentford have purchased is a lad called Pinnock from Barnsley.  If they got him for £3M as reported he's a steal.  Has Prem quality written all over him.

Pinnock played at the 3rd level last season so is not included in Khan's statistical model. I don't know if that's still relevant but I fail to understand how a 2nd Division player in Belgium better than a 3rd Division player in England.

I've had the same question myself.

The Rational Fan

If Konsa joins Fulham, how quickly should Scotty be playing him in the Matchday 18 and then Starting XI? How long before he is picked ahead of Denis Odoi and/or Tim Ream?

hovewhite

I'm probably the one person that's not worried about players coming in as I don't trust the recruitment department at the club to get it right.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: hovewhite on July 10, 2019, 06:31:53 AM
I'm probably the one person that's not worried about players coming in as I don't trust the recruitment department at the club to get it right.

Much depends on "Second Season Recruits" that make up the back four

Cyrus Christie
Alfie Mawson
Maxime Le Marchand
Joe Bryan   

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 10, 2019, 07:21:39 AM

Cyrus Christie
Alfie Mawson
Maxime Le Marchand
Joe Bryan   

We have to replace Christie surely?....Fredricks was vital to so much of our build up play in our last 2 Championship campaigns and we never replaced him with anyone similar. Christie never filled that role and is not good enough unfortunately.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

hovewhite

So many on here say that there's ability in the youngsters but at the same time they want TK to buy replacements,Christie is very good at championship level also any incoming players then it should be and informed decision rubber stamped by Parker.

Woolly Mammoth

Actually the more I think about it, the more I am feeling the same way as you about it.
Only 24 days to go before the first League match, the less players transferred out the better, and the sands of time being reduced as each day goes by.
However, I am convinced we need another CB, but he has to be better than what we already have. Another winger with plenty of pace.
My biggest concern is our weaknesses at set pieces which I hope are being addressed.
The lack of height and physicality is a worry as is not having enough leaders on the pitch. These issues also need to be addressed as well as a strong mentality.
So there are many other ways we can help strengthen the team to make up for the players TK brought in who were mentally and physically weak, and lacked the will to win, who extinguished the heart beat of the team last season, and did not play within the framework of the team. Instead at the time sacking himself, he sacked Slavisa the one man that got us promoted, despite having nuisance number one the owners son interfering, which tells you more about TK than it does Slavisa, yes the same TK who tried to cover up his best mate CK intolerable arrogant inadequacies at the expense of Fulham, until CK fell on his own sword in a fit of tantrums one Monday afternoon at MP which caused the Constabulary to be called by CK himself, yes that's right the same TK.
But I fully agree with your statement, and therefore come August 3rd, with the odd quality additions, if lessons have been learned, we may stand a chance of a decent start, but a week in football can be a long time. . 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mike the White

It's all academic now - he's gone to Villa for 21m

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Thou
Quote from: Mike the White on July 10, 2019, 10:12:40 PM
It's all academic now - he's gone to Villa for 21m

Thought it was 12 million. Release clause was that so they'd be mental to pay almost double.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Mince n Tatties

He got the 1 n 2 in wrong way round.😵

Mike the White

You're correct - finger trouble I meant 12 M

The Rational Fan

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on July 10, 2019, 10:18:11 PM
Thou
Quote from: Mike the White on July 10, 2019, 10:12:40 PM
It's all academic now - he's gone to Villa for 12m

Thought it was 12 million. Release clause was that so they'd be mental to pay almost double.

It seems clear every club thinks he is worth 12m, so it's really just which club he wants to play for. If he wants to play premier league, another team will get him.

St Eve

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on July 10, 2019, 10:21:00 AM

Cyrus Christie
Alfie Mawson
Maxime Le Marchand
Joe Bryan   

We have to replace Christie surely?....Fredricks was vital to so much of our build up play in our last 2 Championship campaigns and we never replaced him with anyone similar. Christie never filled that role and is not good enough unfortunately.
we have to replace Christie

The Rational Fan

Quote from: St Eve on July 11, 2019, 01:43:06 AM

Cyrus Christie
Alfie Mawson
Maxime Le Marchand
Joe Bryan   

Slavisa obviously doesn't think there is a huge difference between Fredericks and Christie at RB, as he played both players in three of the last six championship games (including the Aston Villa playoff final). I'll beat anything our defense and midfield solidity won't be our problem this season. Unless we can strengthen the squad see our major problem will be bringing on attacking talent at the end of games to break deadlocks.

My biggest concern is Kebano and Fonte will be bench players every game and when there is one injuries will be in the starting XI, they are good squad players not more. Rui Fonte is a component player and can be relied upon especially if we are already ahead to get us further ahead, but he is not a player to breakdown teams that are "parking the bus"  (which is what lower table championship teams do), because he is not good enough to score while double marked.

Rui Fonte statistics for 17/18

Rui Fonte (available not required) PL 14 W 10 D 3 L 1 Pts 33 Pts/Game 2.36 (estimated position 1st)
Rui Fonte (sub on) PL 11 W 7, D 1, L 3  Pts 22 Pts/Game 2.00 (estimated position 2nd)
Rui Fonte (starting XI) PL 16 W 7, D 5, L 4 Pts 26  Pts/Game 1.65 (estimated position 6th)
Rui Fonte (not available) PL 5 W 1 D 4 L 0 Pts 7 Pts/Game 1.40 (estimated position 12th)

So Fonte when starting or sub he helped us stay on track for a playoff place, but when we don't need him at all we are championship winners.

Facts Not Fiction

Cyrus Christie
Alfie Mawson
Maxime Le Marchand
Joe Bryan   

If we have to replace Christie because he wasn't PL level, we best go about replacing our whole defence.

Danitar

Shame about this one, really wanted this one over the line but we need to get hector over line now

dgnffc

Think Villa could struggle this season:

Mings - always likely to lose his head
Konsa - prone to lapses of concentration

Both of these will be puinished severly in the premier league

St Eve

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 11, 2019, 09:47:18 AM

Cyrus Christie
Alfie Mawson
Maxime Le Marchand
Joe Bryan   

If we have to replace Christie because he wasn't PL level, we best go about replacing our whole defence.
Not sure he is championship level. Derby and Boro moved him on. As for the defence hopefully Mawson and Bryan will work out but there is a big question mark over the others