more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff - 08/07/19...

Started by WhiteJC, July 08, 2019, 07:33:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Transfer Rumour Round-Up: Part 3

Ho-hum, nothing's taken solid shape from our previous rumour supplements, but things are certainly beginning to hot up alongside the weather in the summer transfer period. In typical Fulham fashion, Tony Khan and his watchful band of recruiters have poked and prodded at likely targets and now, with pre-season preparations well underway, our first signings of the window can't be that far from a long-awaited introduction to life by the river, can they?

This particular edition, as you'll soon notice, comprises a wholesome batch of tried and tested Championship mainstays that will make a telling difference to the Whites' fortunes. As it stands, we're actually in fairly good form, personnel-wise, that is, but it's evident that the fold requires further replenishment in certain departments. Perennially, we all stare vacantly into space waiting for our social media platforms to explode with a flurry of purchases, so this baron spate is nothing out of the ordinary.

Picture this: a relatively strong Fulham just lost 3-1 to Cambridge United and a youthful Whites XI drew 0-0 against Bromley. We, naturally, bemoan the tepid performances (even though it's "nae bother") and pine after investment. Three days after our opening training games, an electric feeling shoots down your spine as you feel your phone buzz in your pocket. You scramble for said pocket and frantically stab the screen with your quivering index finger and out of nowhere, accompanied by the frenzied thump of your strained ticker for suspense, three fresh faces are unveiled at once with jazzy effects, memes, and grins aglow. Could that sensation, perchance, be caused by any of these gents?

Pontus Jansson – Leeds United
A fiery character that leaves no prisoners whilst safeguarding his department, Pontus Jansson has been teetering on an exit from Elland Road after an alleged spat with Marcelo Bielsa and now, subsequently, journalist Phil Hay (formerly of Yorkshire Evening Post) disclosed on Twitter that Leeds United are supposedly ready to release the strapping Swede for just £5.5m to an unnamed English suitor.

Jansson, 28, has been heavily linked with a switch to Fulham, although it's widely believed that the Cottagers' Hounslow-based rivals Brentford are in pole position to acquire the centre-half's signature. An announcement regarding Jansson's future from Leeds' hierarchy is said to be imminent, so fans from all involved parties are waiting with baited breath for the defining outcome. Imagine, a prtnship of Alfie Mawson and the Nordic general in the Championship. Somebody pinch or violently slap me.

Ezri Konsa – Brentford
Jansson's potential departure from Leeds could be directly linked to Fulham's supposed pursuit of Brentford's Ezri Konsa, however. A report published by Sky Sports states that the Whites are hot on the England U21 international's signature, albeit on a temporary basis, and if Jansson is to join Thomas Frank's project at Griffin Park, Konsa could vacate his post at his current employers for Scott Parker's Thameside revolution.

The versatile 21-year-old centre-back has two years left on his current Brentford contract and also has the option of penning a further year. Konsa's standing deal allegedly hosts a £12m release clause, but if it were to be activated, it's thought that the Bees has contractual protections in place, in order to hamper any proposed approach. Other than Fulham, Premier League outfit Wolverhampton Wanderers are also rumoured to be monitoring the former Charlton Athletic graduate's availability.

Michael Hector – Chelsea
From one close adversary to another. Journalist Tom Barclay, posting on Twitter, understands that Fulham are tracking Chelsea's Michael Hector, as they strive to revamp their dilapidated defensive ranks for the 2019-20 campaign. Seeking the expertise of proven Championship despots is vital, simply because there's no environment on the planet that's quite like England's second-tier and Hector, who made 37 appearances for Sheffield Wednesday last term on loan, is more than equipped to withstand the strains and expectations of England's gateway division.

The 26-year-old centre-back, despite being contracted to the Blues until 2020, has not represented the club since joining them in 2015 from Reading and is undoubtedly surplus to requirement at Stamford Bridge. Hector, other than the Owls, has previously been shipped out to Reading, Bundesliga side Eintracht Frankfurt and Hull City, and is also a fully-fledged Jamaica international. Valued at Hillsborough, Wednesday are also prepared to contest for the defender's disregarded skill set.

Charlie Austin – Southampton
With Che Adams and Danny Ings signing permanent contracts at St. Mary's, Charlie Austin has been touted to bid farewell to Southampton this summer, with Aston Villa, Crystal Palace, West Bromwich Albion and Fulham all thought to be in the hunt for the former Queens Park Rangers hitman, according to The Sun. Dependable and industrious, the Saints allegedly value the 29-year-old at £8m, a reasonable price in today's transfer climate, a fee that's ultimately too tantalising to ignore.

Ralph Hasenhuttl and Austin have spoken openly about the striker's future, and after three-and-a-half years on the south coast, it appears as though Austin simply doesn't factor into the Austrian innovator's blueprints for the coming Premier League season. Once a bricklayer, Austin helped pave the way for Southampton's top-flight survival last term with a string of influential performances up top, and in Fulham's perspective, he'd be excellent, capable competition for chief marksman Aleksandar Mitrovic.

Martell Taylor-Crossdale – Chelsea
An aspiring attacker that was unjustly discarded by Chelsea (surprise, surprise), an article published by The Mirror suggests that Southampton, Bristol City and Fulham are poised to snap up the 19-year-old for free this summer. renowned for his deadly prowess in front of the target, Taylor-Crossdale netted 35 goals in 52 appearances for Chelsea's U18s and also notched 7 goals in 29 outings for their U23 set-up.

Currently without a club, the teenager is still a recognised England U20 international and his exploits in the penalty area contributed towards the Young Lions' Toulon Tournament triumph two years ago. Taylor-Crossdale's lethal tendencies subsided last season with only 1 goal in 15 appearances, although he's still a sought-after offensive threat with a point to prove. Overseas, TSG 1899 Hoffenheim are also believed to be primed to offer the youngster a fresh start on German soil.

Trevoh Chalobah – Chelsea
Another forgotten Chelsea gem, Trevoh Chalobah – subject to a Football Insider report – is supposedly on West Bromwich Albion's and Fulham's radars this summer, with both respective Championship clubs vying to snag his resourceful qualities on a season-long loan. Enduring a painful season at Ipswich Town last season, Chalobah was one of the Tractor Boys' shining lights in the centre of the park – starting 35 of 44 domestic meetings – and the Blues are keen to develop the fledgling utility option further with another spell away from the dog track.

Comfortable in midfield and at a central defensive capacity, the younger brother of Nathaniel Chalobah has a prime opportunity to redeem his family name to the SW6 lodgers, and if he's able to turn heads on a weekly basis, perhaps at Craven Cottage, Frank Lampard and co. would be utterly foolish if they opted to neglect the England U20 component next summer. Standing at 6ft 3in tall, Chalobah's an imposing enforcer of his duties at the tender age of 19 and his footballing education has only really just begun. In that respect, being an ambitious collect, the Whites could offer him a worthy platform to truly flex his mettle, then.

https://www.fulhamish.co.uk/post/2019-07-07-transfer-rumour-round-up-part-3-2/

WhiteJC

New Deal For Mitro

The Club is absolutely delighted to announce that Aleksandar Mitrović has committed his future to Fulham.

Our number nine has agreed a new extended contract with the Whites, keeping him in SW6 until the summer of 2024.

A hugely popular figure in the changing room and amongst the fans, we look forward to having Mitrović leading the line in our promotion charge.

The 24-year-old demonstrated his Premier League pedigree last season, topping the scoring charts for Fulham with 11 goals.

That followed an incredibly successful loan spell at Craven Cottage, where he netted 12 times in less than half a season en route to Wembley as Fulham won promotion via the 2017/18 Play-Offs.

He has also since gone on to win Serbia's Golden Ball award, and now boasts a record of 25 goals in 48 matches for his country.

"I feel great. I'm really happy and I'm looking forward to playing here next season," Mitrović told fulhamfctv. "There were a lot of clubs interested but in the end I decided to stay here because I'm really happy and settled at Fulham. My kids, wife, all my family are happy here. This is my home and I am really happy to sign a new deal.

"Since the first day I came here I have received a great reception from everyone in the Club and the fans. I feel motivated and every morning when I come here to work I am happy. I have found my happiness and passion here."

Tony Khan added: "Aleksandar Mitrović has been a huge part of Fulham Football Club since he first arrived here in 2018 and helped fuel our run of 23 consecutive games unbeaten and our subsequent promotion to the Premier League. Mitro is a world class goal-scorer at any level and an amazing talent, but he's also an incredible person off the pitch, he's a leader at this football club and a great friend to his teammates and our entire staff, and he's such a beloved hero to our supporters.

"Likewise, he loves Fulham and our awesome supporters and playing at Craven Cottage, we've all made him feel that Fulham is his home. I've been clear that keeping Mitro in our squad was our top priority, and I'm grateful to him for his loyalty that he's committed to our club and this promotion campaign ahead. Thank you Mitro, we are fortunate to have you as part of this Fulham family.

"Come on, Fulham!"

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/july/07/new-deal-for-aleksandar-mitrovic

WhiteJC

Aleksandar Mitrovic rejects offers to leave Fulham and signs new five-year contract at Craven Cottage

The Serbian striker has turned down offers from elsewhere in Europe to stay at Craven Cottage. ( PA )

Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic has signed a new long-term contract with the club.

The Serbian forward has agreed a five-year deal to keep him at the club until the summer of 2024.

The 24-year-old first arrived at Craven Cottage in February 2018, on a six-month loan deal from Newcastle, and his goals helped the west Londoners win promotion to the Premier League via the Championship Playoffs.

That move was then made permanent last summer in a deal worth around £20million. Despite Fulham's struggles, which saw them relegated by early April, Mitrovic impressed in the top flight, finishing the season as the club's top scorer with 11 league goals.

"I feel great. I'm really happy and I'm looking forward to playing here next season," Mitrović told fulhamfctv.

"There were a lot of clubs interested but in the end I decided to stay here because I'm really happy and settled at Fulham. My kids, wife, all my family are happy here. This is my home and I am really happy to sign a new deal.

"Since the first day I came here I have received a great reception from everyone in the club and the fans. I feel motivated and every morning when I come here to work I am happy. I have found my happiness and passion here."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham/aleksandar-mitrovic-rejects-offers-to-leave-fulham-and-signs-new-fiveyear-contract-at-craven-cottage-a4184291.html

WhiteJC

Mitrovic signs new Fulham contract

Aleksandar Mitrovic has signed a new contract with Fulham – keeping him at Craven Cottage until the summer of 2024.

The Serbian striker is the second key player to commit his future to the club despite their relegation from the Premier League, following in the footsteps of captain Tom Cairney. The former Newcastle forward had been linked with a move to pastures new during the summer, but newspaper reports had suggested that he was not going force through any transfer and his decision to remain in west London comes as a significant boost as Scott Parker prepares for his first full season in charge.

Mitrovic has scored 23 goals in 59 appearances for Fulham, including eleven during a disappointing campaign last year. His arrival on loan in January 2018 proved critical to helping Fulham earn promotion via the Championship play-offs – as he scored 12 goals during the Whites' club record 23-match unbeaten run in the league – and Parker will be hoping he can repeat some of that form this term.

The hugely popular striker told FulhamFCTV:

I feel great. I'm really happy and I'm looking forward to playing here next season. There were a lot of clubs interested but in the end I decided to stay here because I'm really happy and settled at Fulham. My kids, wife, all my family are happy here. This is my home and I am really happy to sign a new deal.

Since the first day I came here I have received a great reception from everyone in the Club and the fans. I feel motivated and every morning when I come here to work I am happy. I have found my happiness and passion here.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2019/07/mitrovic-signs-new-fulham-contract/

WhiteJC

Aleksandar Mitrovic: Fulham striker agrees new five-year contract at club

Aleksandar Mitrovic scored 12 goals in 20 games for Fulham during an initial loan spell from Newcastle United

Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic has agreed a new five-year contract with the club until the summer of 2024.

The 24-year-old scored 11 Premier League goals last season despite Fulham's relegation after making a permanent move the previous summer.

Mitrovic had previously joined on loan from Newcastle United in January 2018, helping secure promotion through the Championship play-off final that May.

"I'm really happy and settled at Fulham," Mitrovic said.

The Serbia international confirmed there had been interest from other clubs, but he hopes to help Fulham win promotion back to the top flight at the first attempt.

"I feel great. I'm really happy and I'm looking forward to playing here next season," he added.

Fulham open their Championship season with a trip to promoted Barnsley on Saturday 3 August.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48901051

WhiteJC

Aleksandar Mitrovic signs five-year Fulham contract extension

Aleksandar Mitrovic has signed a five-year Fulham contract extension, keeping him at the club until 2024.

The 24-year-old was Fulham's leading goalscorer last season with 11 Premier League goals despite the club's relegation.

He signed for Fulham in the summer of 2018 for a fee in the region of £22m following a successful loan spell from Newcastle, scoring 12 goals in the second half of the season to help the club win promotion via the Sky Bet Championship play-offs.

"I feel great. I'm really happy and I'm looking forward to playing here next season," Mitrovic told the club's website.

"There were a lot of clubs interested but in the end I decided to stay here because I'm really happy and settled at Fulham. My kids, wife, all my family are happy here. This is my home and I am really happy to sign a new deal.

"Since the first day I came here I have received a great reception from everyone in the club and the fans. I feel motivated and every morning when I come here to work I am happy. I have found my happiness and passion here."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/11758562/aleksandar-mitrovic-signs-five-year-fulham-contract-extension

WhiteJC

Mitrović: My Home

Describing Fulham as his home, Aleksandar Mitrović explains his motivations for extending his stay in SW6.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/july/07/mitrovic-interview

WhiteJC

Cottage Talk Breaking News: Mitro Signs New Deal With Fulham

Take a listen to a podcast that focuses on Fulham Football Club.

In this "Breaking News" episode, we discussed Aleksandar Mitrovic signing a new deal with Fulham. This is massive news and you will get our initial reactions to Mitro staying at Fulham. Co-hosting this episode was Scott Tanfield from Friends Of Fulham.

You can also listen to the show by following this link...
https://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2019/7/7/20685373/cottage-talk-breaking-news-mitro-signs-new-deal-with-fulham

WhiteJC

Exclusive: England U17s midfielder Harvey Elliott to join Liverpool this summer

Harvey Elliott has had the pick of Europe's leading clubs since rejecting a scholarship at Fulham Credit: Getty Images

The England Under-17s midfielder Harvey Elliott, the youngest player ever to feature in the Premier League, is to join Liverpool this summer having had the pick of Europe's leading clubs since rejecting a scholarship at Fulham.

Elliott, who will not be able to turn professional until his 17th birthday next April, was pursued by many in the Premier League as well as the likes of Real Madrid, Paris Saint Germain and RB Leipzig before deciding that he would join Liverpool this month, his schoolboy association with Fulham having ended in June.

One of the most highly-rated 16-year-old players in the country, he was not among the new cohort of first-year scholars announced by Fulham last week. There will be a significant compensation package for his former club which will have to be agreed with Liverpool.

There has been considerable interest across Europe in the 2003-born England Under-17s team with Elliott's international team-mate Louie Barry, a 16-year-old at West Bromwich Albion the subject of a battle between PSG and Barcelona. Like his most sought-after peers, Elliott will be offered a package that will see him move from the scholarship wages on to a professional deal as soon as he is old enough to sign one. The maximum length professional deal a 17-year-old can sign is three years.

Fulham's academy has been particularly successful in producing players in recent years. They sold Patrick Roberts to Manchester City in 2015, a deal worth around £12 million when the England junior international was 18. Ryan Sessegnon, 19, is expected to move to a Premier League club this summer.

Elliott made his debut for Fulham last September in the EFL Cup aged just 15 years and 174 days, the club's youngest ever first team debutant.

In the Premier League in May he was a late substitute against Wolverhampton Wanderers – the youngest-ever at 16 years and 30 days breaking the previous record held by another Fulham player, Matthew Briggs.

The club had hoped that their commitment to fast-tracking Elliott into the first team would see him stay for his scholarship first year and his first professional contract but he rejected their offer.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/07/07/exclusive-england-u17s-midfielder-harvey-elliott-join-liverpool/

WhiteJC

Liverpool Reportedly Win Race to Sign Harvey Elliott

Liverpool have beat out several other clubs to sign the Fulham teen star.

Liverpool have won out in the race to sign Fulham teen sensation, Harvey Elliott, the youngest-ever player to feature in the Premier League per Sam Wallace at The Telegraph. The 16-year-old rejected a scholarship from Fulham earlier this month and has been highly sought after by a number of clubs, including Barcelona and Real Madrid, ever since. He will join Liverpool on a scholars deal until he turns 17 and can sign his first professional contract.

Elliott made his Premier League debut against Wolves in May at the incredibly young age of 16 years and 30 days. Fulham boss Scott Parker has called Elliott an "unbelievable talent" and suggested that his ability to transition to the first team without any trouble is a sign of just how good a player Elliott will be.

It's obviously very unlikely that Elliott will get any playing time in the Premier League or the Champions League this season, but Liverpool and Klopp have made a commitment to supporting young talents and it seems likely that Elliott will be able to grow into a key midfield position with support from the club.

We're still waiting for official confirmation from the club (as well as information on how much Liverpool will be playing Fulham for this deal), but it seems very likely that we'll see a thumbs-up picture to complement Elliott's fabulous hair from Anfield very soon.

https://liverpooloffside.sbnation.com/liverpool-fc-transfer-news/2019/7/8/20685541/liverpool-sign-harvey-elliott-fulham-leipzig-barcelona-real-madrid-transfer-window-summer-2019

WhiteJC

Liverpool 'agree transfer' of Premier League record-breaking midfielder

Harvey Elliott has been tracked by Barcelona, Real Madrid and PSG but has reportedly made his decision

Liverpool have reportedly agreed to sign record-breaking midfielder Harvey Elliott in what will be regarded as a transfer coup.

Elliott is the youngest player ever to have played in the Premier League, and the England U17 player has decided to leave Fulham this summer.

He is one of the most sought-after 16-year-old in Europe, having been tracked by Barcelona , Real Madrid , Paris Saint Germain and RB Leipzig .

And Elliott has decided to join Liverpool , according to reports, as Jurgen Klopp's European champions look to build on their trophy success from last season.

Elliott became the youngest player ever to appear in the Premier League in may when he came on as a late substitute against Wolves - aged 16 years and 30 days.

Before that, he had played in the EFL Cup aged just 15 years and 174 days.

He has rejected a scholarship with Fulham, and will instead sign for Liverpool, according to the Telegraph .

The report says a significant compensation package will be agreed between the clubs.

Harvey Elliott in action against Millwall on his debut - when he was still only 15 (Image: REX/Shutterstock)

Elliott will not be able to sign a professional contract with Liverpool until he turns 17 next April, when a three-year deal will be the longest deal he can be offered under rules governing young players.

Following Elliott's Premier League debut against Wolves, Fulham captain Tom Cairney said: "He's been a sensation since he joined in training a few months ago.

"He doesn't look out of place and does some bits of magic that everyone says 'wow.'

Ryan Sessegnon is another Fulham academy product set for a big move (Image: Getty Images)

"His attitude and his belief in himself at such a young age is frightening."

"He's got a great football brain, an eye for goal and is a very entertaining player," Cairney added.

"Hopefully he will have a long and successful career."

Elliott is the latest success for Fulham's academy - the club sold Patrick Roberts to Manchester City in 2015 for around £12 million when the England junior international was 18. Ryan Sessegnon, another academy product aged 19, is expected to move to a Premier League club this summer.

And Elliott's England U17 team-mate Louie Barry, a 16-year-old at West Bromwich Albion, has been at the centre of a transfer battle between Barcelona and Paris-Saint Germain.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-agree-transfer-premier-league-17489855

WhiteJC

Harvey Elliott profiled: Everything we know as Liverpool 'agree transfer' for wonderkid

Harvey Elliott had been tracked by the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid but has reportedly agreed a transfer with Liverpool

Liverpool have reportedly won the race to sign Fulham wonderkid and Premier League record-breaking midfielder Harvey Elliott.

The youngster had been tracked by the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Paris Saint Germain and RB Leipzig but will instead put pen to paper with the Reds.

Fulham had offered the teenager a scholarship, but this was rejected by Elliott, according to The Telegraph, with the talented midfielder keen to continue his development on Merseyside.

The Cottagers are set to receive a large compensation package from Liverpool when the transfer eventually goes through. So what do we know about this teen sensation?

Who is Harvey Elliott?

Born in 2003, Elliott in fact started out down the road in west London at QPR before signing for neighbours Fulham, where he grew up alongside the likes of Ryan and Steven Sessegnon, Denis Adeniran (now at Everton) and Matt O'Riley.

Despite only being 16 now, Elliott has drifted between Fulham's Under-18 and Under-23 team for the past few seasons.

He became the youngest player to make an appearance for the Whites at 15 years and 174 days in their Carabao Cup win over Millwall last season. He later became the Premier League's youngest player when he came on aged just 16 and 30 days against Wolves .

Style of play

Elliott plays right wing but is more of a modern inside forward who possess an incredible natural ability to read the game.

He runs with the ball superbly but is also great at positioning himself close to the final defender, before beating the offside trap and latching onto a through-ball to slot home.

The youngster had been tracked by the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid (Image: PA)

Perhaps most notable about Elliott's style is that he plays with a bravery beyond his years. He knows where the back of the net is and is calm in front of goal.

He's not afraid to take a player on, nor is he to try the spectacular - he once scored from behind the halfway line in an academy game.

What's been said about him?

Then caretaker, now Fulham head coach, Scott Parker had the following to say about Elliott after bringing him on against Wolves in the Premier League.

"Harvey is on the bench and gets on the pitch because he deserves to. He's been outstanding in training over the past three weeks. He's a special talent and we want to nurture him the best we can."

Fulham captain Tom Cairney added: "He's been a sensation since he joined in training a few months ago. He doesn't look out of place and does some bits of magic that everyone says 'wow.'

"His attitude and his belief in himself at such a young age is frightening. He's got a great football brain, an eye for goal and is a very entertaining player. Hopefully he will have a long and successful career."

What this says about Klopp

If Liverpool sign Elliott as they are expected to the transfer is another indication of the way Klopp is building for the future.

Over the past few years the German has splashed serious cash on the likes of Alisson and Virgil van Dyke, but he's happy with the Champions League-winning side he has created and isn't looking to disrupt it by signing big-name players from elsewhere.

Tom Cairney has previously praised the youngster's ability in training (Image: Getty Images)

Instead, by signing Sepp van den Berg and, potentially, Elliott, Klopp is looking to land youngsters in his mould that he can develop into possible first team players in the future.

Ultimately, it says he intends to remain as Liverpool boss for the foreseeable future.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/harvey-elliott-liverpool-transfer-fulham-17490023

WhiteJC

Fulham star snubs £50m Tottenham interest to extend Craven Cottage stay

Striker Aleksandar Mitrovic has committed his future to Fulham in the wake of relegation from the Premier League by signing a new contract.

The 24-year-old Serbia international, who scored 11 top-flight goals last season, has put pen to paper on a deal which will keep him at Craven Cottage until the summer of 2024.

A statement on fulhamfc.com read: "The club is absolutely delighted to announce that Aleksandar Mitrovic has committed his future to Fulham.

"Our number nine has agreed a new extended contract with the Whites, keeping him in SW6 until the summer of 2024.

"A hugely popular figure in the changing room and among the fans, we look forward to having Mitrovic leading the line in our promotion charge."

Mitrovic joined Fulham from Newcastle in a move worth an initial £22million last summer after scoring 12 times to help them win promotion during a hugely successful loan spell.

The frontman, who had been strongly tipped to join Tottenham or make a switch to the Chinese Super League, told fulhamfctv: "I feel great. I'm really happy and I'm looking forward to playing here next season.

"There were a lot of clubs interested, but in the end I decided to stay here because I'm really happy and settled at Fulham. My kids, wife... all my family are happy here. This is my home and I am really happy to sign a new deal.

"Since the first day I came here, I have received a great reception from everyone in the club and the fans. I feel motivated and every morning when I come here to work I am happy. I have found my happiness and passion here."

Director of football operations Tony Khan was delighted to have secured the future of a "world-class goalscorer".

He said: "Aleksandar Mitrovic has been a huge part of Fulham since he first arrived here in 2018 and helped fuel our run of 23 consecutive games unbeaten and our subsequent promotion to the Premier League.

"Mitro is a world class goalscorer at any level and an amazing talent, but he's also an incredible person off the pitch, he's a leader at this football club and a great friend to his team-mates and our entire staff, and he's such a beloved hero to our supporters.

"Likewise, he loves Fulham and our awesome supporters and playing at Craven Cottage, we've all made him feel that Fulham is his home. I've been clear that keeping Mitro in our squad was our top priority, and I'm grateful to him for his loyalty that he's committed to our club and this promotion campaign ahead.

"Thank you Mitro, we are fortunate to have you as part of this Fulham family."

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/fulham-star-snubs-50m-tottenham-interest-to-extend-craven-cottage-stay