more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff - 09/07/19...

Started by WhiteJC, July 09, 2019, 07:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Liverpool Secure Signing of Record Breaking Midfielder

Liverpool are set to sign young Fulham midfielder Harvey Elliot after he decided not to pen a new deal with the London club, according to an exclusive report from The Telegraph last night.

Many of Europe's elite clubs were keen on acquiring Elliot this summer, who left the Cottagers in June, which was seemingly confirmed after he wasn't announced in their initial cohort of first-year scholars last week.

While there was other interest from the Premier League, PSG, Real Madrid and RB Leipzig were also interested in Elliot, although the U17 England international has opted to move to Anfield instead.

Despite there being no official transfer fee involved, Liverpool will owe the Championship outfit a significant compensation fee in order to bring Elliot to Merseyside.

One of the most highly sought after teenagers in the country, Elliot broke the record to become the youngest Premier League player in history when he made a substitute appearance against Wolves back in May aged just 16 years and 30 days old. He also became Fulham's youngest ever debutant when he played in the League Cup back in September at only 15 years and 174 days old.

Elliot clearly has masses of potential and Liverpool may have made a very shrewd purchase by securing his services for nothing; let's hope he's able to reach those heights on Merseyside.

http://www.anfieldedition.uk/2019/07/liverpool-secure-signing-of-record-breaking-midfielder/

WhiteJC

Harvey Elliott profiled: Everything we know as Liverpool 'agree transfer' for wonderkid

Harvey Elliott had been tracked by the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid but has reportedly agreed a transfer with Liverpool

Liverpool have reportedly won the race to sign Fulham wonderkid and Premier League record-breaking midfielder Harvey Elliott.

The youngster had been tracked by the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Paris Saint Germain and RB Leipzig but will instead put pen to paper with the Reds.

Fulham had offered the teenager a scholarship, but this was rejected by Elliott, according to The Telegraph, with the talented midfielder keen to continue his development on Merseyside.

The Cottagers are set to receive a large compensation package from Liverpool when the transfer eventually goes through. So what do we know about this teen sensation?

Liverpool have reportedly won the race to sign Fulham wonderkid Harvey Elliott (Image: Getty Images)

Who is Harvey Elliott?

Born in 2003, Elliott in fact started out down the road in west London at QPR before signing for neighbours Fulham, where he grew up alongside the likes of Ryan and Steven Sessegnon, Denis Adeniran (now at Everton) and Matt O'Riley.

Despite only being 16 now, Elliott has drifted between Fulham's Under-18 and Under-23 team for the past few seasons.

He became the youngest player to make an appearance for the Whites at 15 years and 174 days in their Carabao Cup win over Millwall last season. He later became the Premier League's youngest player when he came on aged just 16 and 30 days against Wolves .

Style of play

Elliott plays right wing but is more of a modern inside forward who possess an incredible natural ability to read the game.

He runs with the ball superbly but is also great at positioning himself close to the final defender, before beating the offside trap and latching onto a through-ball to slot home.

Perhaps most notable about Elliott's style is that he plays with a bravery beyond his years. He knows where the back of the net is and is calm in front of goal.

He's not afraid to take a player on, nor is he to try the spectacular - he once scored from behind the halfway line in an academy game.

What's been said about him?

Then caretaker, now Fulham head coach, Scott Parker had the following to say about Elliott after bringing him on against Wolves in the Premier League.

"Harvey is on the bench and gets on the pitch because he deserves to. He's been outstanding in training over the past three weeks. He's a special talent and we want to nurture him the best we can."

Fulham captain Tom Cairney added: "He's been a sensation since he joined in training a few months ago. He doesn't look out of place and does some bits of magic that everyone says 'wow.'

"His attitude and his belief in himself at such a young age is frightening. He's got a great football brain, an eye for goal and is a very entertaining player. Hopefully he will have a long and successful career."

What this says about Klopp

If Liverpool sign Elliott as they are expected to the transfer is another indication of the way Klopp is building for the future.

Over the past few years the German has splashed serious cash on the likes of Alisson and Virgil van Dijk, but he's happy with the Champions League-winning side he has created and isn't looking to disrupt it by signing big-name players from elsewhere.

Instead, by signing Sepp van den Berg and, potentially, Elliott, Klopp is looking to land youngsters in his mould that he can develop into possible first team players in the future.

Ultimately, it says he intends to remain as Liverpool boss for the foreseeable future.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/harvey-elliott-liverpool-transfer-fulham-17490023

WhiteJC

West Ham striker target commits future to Fulham

One of West Ham's striker transfer targets has committed his long term future to Fulham, Aleksandar Mitrovic has penned a new five-year contract to stay at Craven Cottage.

Fulham's £24million signing impressed last season with his form but was unable to keep his side from suffering relegation to the Championship. Mitrovic scored 11 Premier League goals for the struggling London side. The Serbia international has an impressive record of 25 goals in his 48 senior caps.

Fulham had valued the Serbian striker at £30m.  Real Betis were one club said to be willing to pay £22m for Mitrović and there was interest from China and Crystal Palace. The striker was one of many names of West Ham's striker transfer target list but was never considered a top priority enough to submit a formal bid for the 24-year-old.

Mitrovic, whose new contract runs until 2024, said: "I feel great. I'm really happy and I'm looking forward to playing here next season.

"There were a lot of clubs interested but in the end I decided to stay here because I'm really happy and settled at Fulham.

"My kids, wife, all my family are happy here. This is my home and I am really happy to sign a new deal.

"Since the first day I came here I have received a great reception from everyone in the Club and the fans.

"I feel motivated and every morning when I come here to work I am happy. I have found my happiness and passion here."

https://www.claretandhugh.info/west-ham-striker-target-commits-future-to-fulham/

WhiteJC

Report: Liverpool about to make second signing of the summer

(Photo by James Baylis - AMA/Getty Images)

The Telegraph have claimed that Liverpool are to win the race to sign Fulham youngster Harvey Elliott this summer, who is renowned for being the youngest ever Premier League player.

Elliott, 16, made his Premier League debut as a late substitute in a 1-0 defeat to Wolverhampton Wanderers on May 4, before clocking up 16 minutes of action as Newcastle eased past Fulham with a 4-0 victory.

The young midfielder has rejected the chance to sign a scholarship with Fulham. At 16, he cannot sign professional terms with any club until he is 17 – which will be in April 2020.

His decision to remain at Fulham, the club he has played for since he was a schoolboy, had alerted Europe's biggest clubs including Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain and RB Leipzig – but Liverpool have moved for Elliott first.

England Under-17 international Elliott is now set to sign for Liverpool, which will see Elliott sign a scholarship at Liverpool until he is old enough to earn professional terms – where will put pen to paper on a three-year contract.

TBR's view – Sign of stature as Liverpool beat Real to Elliott

Elliott is an excellent signing, given that he has enormous potential and is already a record breaker. But what is more significant, is that Liverpool have beaten Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain.

The lure of both Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain is enormous. These clubs have enormous history, the biggest players in the world, but Liverpool have beaten them to Elliott.

It remains to be seen if Liverpool will keep him at Melwood to begin with before sending him out on loan, or indeed into the first team.

https://tbrfootball.com/report-liverpool-about-to-make-second-signing-of-the-summer/

WhiteJC

Elliott set to sign for Liverpool

Harvey Elliott has turned down Fulham's offer of a scholarship and is set to sign for Liverpool, according to reports this morning.

The England Under 17 midfielder, who became the youngest player in Premier League history when he made a couple of substitute appearances at the end of Fulham's relegation season, made it clear that he saw his future away from Craven Cottage when he told the club that he would not be accepting their offer of a new deal. Elliott, who had been tracked by a number of Europe's leading clubs, has reportedly agreed to join Liverpool and will sign a professional contract with the European champions when he turns seventeen in April.

The teenage winger is one of a number of prodigious talents to emerge from the Fulham academy in recent years. He was handed his senior debut by Slavisa Jokanovic in Fulham's League Cup at Millwall last September, aged 15, becoming the club's youngest ever senior player. When he came off the bench at Wolves in May, Elliott broke former Fulham defender Matthew Briggs' record as the youngest player Premier League player. He made his first appearance at Craven Cottage as a late substitute against Newcastle in the final game of the season.

Fulham had hoped that their nurturing of his talent and gradual introduction into senior football would convince Elliott to remain with the club, but their attempts to keep him have proven successful. It is suggested that Liverpool and Fulham are in the process of agreeing a substantial form of compensation for Elliott's services before the move is confirmed.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2019/07/elliott-set-to-sign-for-liverpool/

WhiteJC

Fulham secure significant new player agreement

Fulham's preparations for a return to life in the Championship have received a boost, after the club announced that striker Aleksandar Mitrovic has signed a new contract to keep him at Craven Cottage until the summer of 2024.

Mitrovic initially joined Fulham in loan from Newcastle in January 2018, and scored 12 goals in 20 Championship appearances to help the Cottagers to promotion to the Premier League via the play-offs.

The following summer, the striker joined the club permanently on a five year deal for a fee reported by Sky Sports to be worth £22million, potentially rising to £27million with addons.

The Serbian then went onto score 11 goals in 37 league appearances for Fulham last season, but was unable to prevent them suffering an immediate relegation to the Championship.

Following that relegation, it had been reported earlier in the window by the Daily Star that both West Ham and Spanish side Real Betis had been interested in signing the 24-year-old, although the striker is now set to remain at Craven Cottage for some time longer.

Speaking to the club's official website after confirming the deal, Mitrovic confirmed there had been interest in him from elsewhere, but admitted he was pleased to be staying at Fulham, saying: "I feel great. I'm really happy and I'm looking forward to playing here next season.

"There were a lot of clubs interested but in the end I decided to stay here because I'm really happy and settled at Fulham.

"My kids, wife, all my family are happy here. This is my home and I am really happy to sign a new deal."

Reflecting on his time at the club as a whole, the striker added: "Since the first day I came here I have received a great reception from everyone in the Club and the fans. I feel motivated and every morning when I come here to work I am happy. I have found my happiness and passion here."

The verdict
This feels more like a clarification of Mitrovic's immediate future than anything else.

The Serbian was already under contract at the club until 2023, so it wasn't as if those clubs interested in him were only making such moves because they thought he would be available on the cheap before his deal runs out sometime soon.

Even so this will still be hugely welcome news to Fulham fans. Mitrovic was prolific during the second half of their last promotion campaign at this level, and having him here next season will only boost their confidence that they can have such a season again.

Given that it was top flight interest in the Serbian, this does still feel like a statement of intent from Fulham that they do expect to be competing for a Premier League return next season, as it is unlikely Mitrovic would have agreed to the deal otherwise.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-secure-significant-new-player-agreement/

WhiteJC

Harvey Elliott to Liverpool: Reds set to sign teen after he rejects Fulham scholarship

Liverpool are set to sign Harvey Elliott, the youngest player in Premier League history, after he turned down a scholarship at Fulham.

Elliott made history in May when he appeared for the Cottagers against Wolves as an 88th-minute substitute aged just 16 years and 30 days.

That appearance was part of the London club's attempts to convince the young midfielder to pen fresh terms amid strong interest in his signature.

However, the 16-year-old has now opted to sign for Liverpool, the team he and his family support, following the expiry of his contract.

The Reds will still be required to pay a fee to Fulham, the size of which will be determined by the Professional Football Compensation Committee.

But that could eventually prove to be a snip for one of the most highly regarded young talents in English football.

Elliott was just 15 years and 174 days old when he appeared for Fulham in the EFL Cup last season.

Speaking after that game, then-manager Slavisa Jokanovic said: "I don't know if I can in English use a wrong word but he is arrogant and positive.

"This kid shows the personality, like he says 'I want to show you I am a very good player; I want to show you'.

"I say, 'Okay, if you can show me I give you this opportunity'."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/harvey-elliott-to-liverpool-fc-reds-set-to-sign-teen-after-he-rejects-fulham-scholarship-a4184826.html

WhiteJC

'It's great to see your loyalty' – Plenty of Fulham fans react to Aleksandar Mitrovic's latest message

Plenty of Fulham fans have reacted to a message from striker Aleksandar Mitrovic on social media, following his decision to sign a new long-term contract with the club.

The 24-year-old has committed his future to Fulham by signing a new five-year deal, extending his stay at Craven Cottage until 2024.

After the news was announced, Mitrovic posted a photo of himself signing his new contract on his personal Instagram account, adding a brief message to Fulham supporters saying: "#home#family#blackandwhite#fulham"

Mitrovic scored 12 goals in 20 appearances for Fulham while on loan from Newcastle United in 2017-18, helping them win promotion from the Championship via the play-offs.

The striker then joined the club on a permanent deal last summer, for a reported fee of £22million and scored eleven Premier League goals last season, but he could not save them from relegation.

Fulham will be hoping to challenge for promotion from the Championship again this season and face newly-promoted Barnsley away from home on the opening day of the campaign.

Mitrovic was clearly pleased to sign a new deal and his social media post caused a reaction from Fulham fans, with many of them delighted at his decision to stay.

Here is a look at the best reactions from Fulham fans on Instagram...

tommybarrs Legend! You could of went to the premier league or any of the big leagues, I'm loving the loyalty mate. Now let's get back to the prem!

r.chenli You absolutely have the strength to play in the premier league Mitro.I always thought you will leave,but your loyalty surprised us! It's your choice and we'll absolutely support you and trust you can help the team

Rio75 Thank you @aleksandar_mitrovic_45 it's great to see your loyalty, it doesn't happen a lot in football, but you have shown it for us. Good luck for the coming season. Coyw

dannybaker10 Buzzing so glad your staying mate

kaliszjames Now I have RESPECT for you @aleksandar_mitrovic_45 we love you for this and sticking with us you once again will be on fire and taking us back to the prem thank you @tonyrkhan good Business and the pod cast shows the fans what fulham means to you coyw

badrewkradetsa Thank you, Mitro

delenfent So glad you're staying! MITRO'S ON FIRE!

ella_roser We love you Mitro. Loyalty to the Fulham family

toner.debbie Much better to be happy than to risk it all . Glad you stayed

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/its-great-to-see-your-loyalty-plenty-of-fulham-fans-react-to-aleksandar-mitrovics-latest-message/

WhiteJC

'Announce promotion' – Plenty of Fulham fans react to big club update

Fulham have been given a significant boost ahead of their return to the Championship next month, after the club announced that striker Aleksandar Mitrovic has signed a contract extension to keep him at Craven Cottage until the summer of 2024.

Mitrovic initially joined Fulham on loan from Newcastle in January 2018, going on to score 12 goals in 20 appearances as the Cottagers were promoted to the Premier League via the Championship play-offs.

The following summer the Serbian striker then signed for Fulham on a permanent deal, reported by Sky Sports to be worth an initial £22million with £5million more in potential add-ons, returning to the club on a five-year contract.

But despite scoring 11 goals in 37 league appearances, Mitrovic was unable to prevent Fulham suffering an immediate relegation back to the Championship, with the Daily Star reporting that both Premier League side West Ham and La Liga outfit Real Betis were interested in the 24-year-old.

Now, however, the striker appears set to remain at Fulham for some time yet, and taking to Twitter to respond to the news, a vast number of Fulham fans were delighted by this latest news.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/announce-promotion-plenty-of-fulham-fans-react-to-big-club-update/

WhiteJC

Omogbehin: Meeting Tough Challenges

Colin Omogbehin was delighted with the way his side rose to the physical challenge in his maiden game on the Under-23s touchline as a young Fulham side played out a stalemate with Bromley.

The Young Whites were unfortunate not to come away with a win after Fabio Carvalho hit the post and Timmy Abraham lofted a one-on-one wide.   

"We've gone there with a very inexperienced squad against a tough Bromley side who have done well in the Conference." The joint U23s Head Coach told fulhamfc.com. "The boys gave a great account of themselves in and out of possession.

"I thought they were excellent all round. We still had people who were prepared to run into channels deep into the game. This was their first game back. We met a lot of challenges in terms of being able to compete with their physicality."

Bromley fielded two completely different sides for either half, showing the peak physical condition the Fulham side was in. Omogbehin was quick to praise the work done in the sports science team.

"The credit has to go to our sports science department as they continue to have the boys in good condition." He added. "Bromley had two teams that each played a half and we matched both sides.

"During the close season the boys have been working hard and we're seeing the rewards out there. Some of the fitness levels were fantastic. You had players playing 90 minutes as their first game.

"We can't get carried away. But they can take great confidence knowing they've played against men and they've met that challenge. They need to show that grit and mentality with every game going into the season."

Mark Pembridge was joined for the first time by the former Under-18s Head Coach. Having worked with Pembridge for many years, Omogbehin shared his sentiment as working with his colleague.

"It's the same as old times, we understand how each other work. We've worked with each other for five or six years and we're also very good friends. We understand the goals we want to achieve and having a knowledge of how he works and vice versa is a big bonus."

Fulham Under-23s now face Southend at Motspur Park on Saturday, then travel to a pre-season camp in Portugal on Monday.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/july/08/omogbehin-post-bromley

WhiteJC

Major Fulham boost with young star Matt O'Riley set to stay as Harvey Elliott heads to Liverpool

Exclusive: One of the Cottagers' brightest stars is ready to stay put

Matt O'Riley during the Carabao Cup Third Round match between Millwall and Fulham (Image: Sebastian Frej/MB Media/Getty Images)

Fulham have been handed a major boost ahead of the imminent loss of Harvey Elliott with highly-rated prospect Matt O'Riley prepared to see out the final year of his contract at Craven Cottage.

O'Riley, one of the crown jewels of Fulham's academy, has been tracked by the likes of Juventus, RB Leipzig and Borussia Dortmund in recent years whilst Arsenal and Manchester United tried to sign him before he agreed professional terms in November 2017.

That contract is due to expire in the summer of 2020 and the 18-year-old had been expected to depart the club after a frustrating season in the Premier League where he played only five minutes of senior football despite excelling at academy level.

However football.london understands that O'Riley is minded to stay with the club he joined as an Under-9 and is enthused by the prospect of learning from new permanent head coach Scott Parker.

Fulham are set to lose Jean-Michael Seri this summer and Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa has been linked with an exit, both moves that could provide further opportunities for O'Riley to break into Parker's side. It is not yet clear whether a run of games could convince him to sign a new contract.

News of the young midfielder's plans to stay next season come as another highly-rated prospect heads elsewhere.

Elliott, who became the youngest player in Premier League history when he featured against Wolverhampton Wanderers at the age of 16 years and 30 days last season, is set to decline scholarship terms with Fulham and join Liverpool.

The youngster had also been linked with Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain but opted to sign for the club he had grown up supporting as a boy.

Fulham will receive training compensation for developing Elliott, rated as one of the best English prospects born in 2003. The only player who could rival him for that title is West Bromwich Albion's Louie Barry, who has been linked to Barcelona and PSG.

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/major-fulham-boost-young-star-16550397

WhiteJC

Harvey Elliott: Liverpool set to sign Fulham teenager

Harvey Elliott made his Fulham debut aged 15 years and 174 days in a Carabao Cup tie at Millwall in September 2018

Liverpool are poised to beat Real Madrid and Paris St-Germain to the signature of Fulham's teenage midfielder Harvey Elliott.

Elliott became the youngest player to feature in the Premier League when he came on as a substitute against Wolverhampton Wanderers in May, aged just 16 years and 30 days.

He cannot turn professional until his 17th birthday next April, but it is understood he will reject a scholarship at Craven Cottage and move to the Champions League winners.

If, as expected, Liverpool win the race to sign Elliott, they will have to negotiate a compensation package with Fulham as the England Under-17 international is regarded as a highly prized prospect.

Elliott, who also attracted attention from Arsenal and Manchester City, will become the second emerging talent to join Liverpool this summer after 17-year-old Dutch defender Sepp van den Berg moved from PEC Zwolle.

Liverpool paid an initial £1.3m for Van den Berg, which could rise to a maximum of £4.4m depending on add-ons.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48913138

WhiteJC

West Brom Fixture Televised

Fulham's meeting with West Bromwich Albion at Craven Cottage has been moved for live coverage on Sky Sports.

The match will still be played on Saturday 14th September, but will now kick-off at the earlier time of 12.30pm.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/july/08/west-bromwich-albion-fixture-televised

WhiteJC

O'Riley to remain with Fulham

Matt O'Riley has decided to stay with Fulham until the end of his contract rather than seek a move elsewhere this summer, according to reports this afternoon.

The talented central midfielder, who is highly regarded as one of the best prospects to come through the club's academy in recent years, has been watched by scouts from a number of leading English and European clubs over the course of the last year in the expectation that he would move away from Craven Cottage to seek more frequent first team football.

The 18 year-old starred for Fulham's under 23 side for much of last season but his only appearance for the senior side came as a late substitute in a League Cup second round win at Millwall in September. O'Riley is understood to be eager to learn from Fulham boss Scott Parker, who included him in the squad for the club's first pre-season friendly against Cambridge United on Saturday, and will see out his current contract, which expires next summer.

O'Riley will hope to force his way into Parker's Championship plans for the forthcoming season. The England youth international has made seven first-team appearances for the Whites since being handed his debut by Slavisa Jokanovic in Fulham's League Cup win at Wycombe Wanderers in August 2017. He has been linked with the links of Borussia Dortmund, RB Leipzig, Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool in the past. O'Riley's decision will come as a major boost to Fulham, who are widely expected to lose other highly-regarded youngsters like Ryan Sessegnon and Harvey Elliott this summer.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2019/07/oriley-to-remain-with-fulham/

WhiteJC

Tottenham patient on Ryan Sessegnon move from Fulham

Tottenham are staying patient in their pursuit of top left-back target Ryan Sessegnon, Sky Sports News understands.

The 19-year-old is understood to want to join Mauricio Pochettino's squad this summer, putting Spurs at the front of the queue to sign him.

But after securing the signatures of Tanguy Ndombele and Jack Clarke, the club now need to move players out to make room in the squad and accrue new funds.

Among those available is left-back Danny Rose as he and others returned for pre-season on Monday.

Fulham are also standing firm on their £40m valuation for Sessegnon so far - while Tottenham would hope to negotiate a lower fee.

The clubs are yet to enter direct talks over a deal.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/11759076/tottenham-patient-on-ryan-sessegnon-as-ben-davies-enters-talks-over-new-deal

WhiteJC

The moment Harvey Elliott announced himself and gave Liverpool a glimpse of what they can expect

Teenager looks set to complete a move to Anfield this summer

Harvey Elliott is a Premier League record-breaker.

The 16-year-old became the youngest ever player to feature in the Premier League when he came off the bench against Wolves towards the end of last season aged 16 years and 30 days.

He had previously made Fulham history becoming their youngest ever debutant when he appeared for the first team in the League Cup against Millwall on September 25, 2018 aged 15 years and 174 days.

Fulham have become well-known for producing wonderkids.

Ryan Sessegnon took the CHampionship by storm, and while he struggled, as most of the Whites did in the Premier League, he has still attracted interest from Tottenham, while Steven Sessegnon, Matt O'Riley and Marlon Fossey are all knocking on the door of the first team.

But while there appeared to be a clear pathway to the first team at Craven Cottage, Elliott has decided to move on.

The winger is set to decline scholarship terms with Fulham and join Liverpool.

The youngster had also been linked with Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain but has opted to sign for the club he had grown up supporting as a boy.

Fulham will receive training compensation for developing Elliott, rated as one of the best English prospects born in 2003. The only player who could rival him for that title is West Bromwich Albion's Louie Barry, who has been linked to Barcelona and PSG.

Elliott has already racked up a number of goals playing above his age group, and there was one in particular that made people stand up and take notice of him during a pre-season win over Nottingham Forest prior to the start of last season.

Fulham thrashed their visitors to Motspur Park 8-0, with Elliott bagging a hat-trick and it was his third goal that really announced him to the watching public.

Picking the ball up inside his own half, Elliott drove into opposition territory before looking up and spotting the keeper off his line, beating him with a sumptuous lob from 30 yards.

It was an extraordinary goal and one that Liverpool fans will be hoping he can replicate if he makes it into the first team.

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/liverpool-harvey-elliott-fulham-transfer-16551570

WhiteJC

(Photo): Unearthed image seems to reveal LFC target is a big Reds fan

The Reds seem extremely close to confirming the transfer of 16-year-old Harvey Elliott from Fulham – the current holder of the record for the youngest-ever appearance in the Premier League.

Now, a photo has emerged of the teenager that seemingly proves the reportedly soon-to-be Red is, encouragingly, a massive Liverpool fan.

An eleven-year-old Harvey Elliott poses in front of the Shankly Statue at Anfield, which comes from a seemingly dormant Twitter account with the handle, '@harveylfc2003' that has apparently been inactive since 2014 – the year the photo was taken.

If it is in fact the self-same Harvey Elliott and it is his old Twitter account, then Jürgen Klopp could have a more than just a hugely promising prospect on his hands.

All of the evidence points to the fact that Harvey Elliott is a massive Red, which may go some way to explaining why the gifted youngster rejected supposed approaches from Real Madrid and PSG to come to Anfield (again).

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2019/07/08/photo-unearthed-image-seems-to-reveal-lfc-target-is-a-big-reds-fan/

WhiteJC

Talented Fulham midfielder to resist high-profile move

Highly-rated Fulham youngster Matthew O'Riley is set to stay at the club even though a host of European clubs are keen on signing him.

The 18-year-old is the latest talent to emerge from the Cottagers academy and it was reported by Sky at the start of the year that Borussia Dortmund and RB Leipzig were among the sides tracking the midfielder.

And, given his frustrating campaign last time out, where the youngster was restricted to just one late substitute appearance in the Carabao Cup, it was expected that O'Riley would leave.

However, football.london have stated that the chance to work under Scott Parker really appeals to the player and he is now set to stay for next season in the Championship.

Whether that will convince O'Riley to sign a new deal remains to be seen, with the playmaker approaching the final year of his current contract at Craven Cottage.

Nevertheless, the fact he is committing his immediate future to the club will be a major boost, particularly after it had been revealed that another exciting academy graduate, Harvey Elliott, will be joining Liverpool.

The Verdict

This is a huge boost for Fulham as O'Riley is a youngster who has great potential and could become a first-team star.

From his perspective, whilst it will be tough to turn down some huge clubs, he will see a pathway to the team under Parker so it's probably the right call to stay and develop, even if it's brave.

Now, it is down to the player to impress in pre-season and he could force his way into the managers thoughts for the opener next month.

Then, providing everything foes well, the Championship side will surely be looking at extending O'Riley's deal.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/talented-fulham-midfielder-to-resist-high-profile-move/

WhiteJC

How much would Harvey Elliott feature next season?

Just how much will Harvey Elliott, Liverpool's reported new signing, feature next season?

The Telegraph exclusively claim that Elliot is joining the Reds this summer. The 16-year-old became the youngest ever Premier League player in May and, understandably, looks to have a bright future.

Liverpool have supposedly beaten both Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain to his signature, too. That, on its own, makes you wonder what promises have been made.

Does he see an easier path to the first-team? Almost certainly, really. Neither Real or PSG tend to put too much faith in youth. But you've got to remember that Elliott is giving up a fast-tracked first-team place at Fulham, as the Telegraph puts it.

He'd be playing at least semi-regular first-team football in the Championship at 16, and that's not an easy thing to give up.

But how close is he to the Anfield pitch? Well, as an attacking midfielder, preferably from the right, he may get chances soon.

Liverpool don't have phenomenal depth in attack – especially after Daniel Sturridge's exit. Neither Divock Origi or Rhian Brewster will expect to be on the right, either. The likes of Adam Lallana and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain can play there, but it won't be their preferred role.

Xherdan Shaqiri's game-time shrunk considerably last season, suggesting Jurgen Klopp isn't 100% sure on him. Potentially standing in Elliott's way are Ryan Kent and Harry Wilson, however, if they stay. The Reds are also looking to sign cover in attack – per the Mirror – which presumably, isn't Elliott.

And so there isn't too much blocking the path of Elliott path next season but it's difficult to tell for sure right now. He could certainly have it worse – virtually every other area is full.

We saw the likes of Curtis Jones and Ki-Jana Hoever play in the cup last season. Elliott could make a similar appearance, too, given he's already featured professionally and there isn't a fleet of players in his way.

But that's probably the best Elliott can hope for next season. That isn't to say he can't get more – opportunities may well open up in his position – but it's still 'wait and see' and he's best off focusing on one or two games.

Perform when he gets the chances, though, and we may well see more of him.

https://www.rousingthekop.com/2019/07/08/how-much-would-harvey-elliott-feature-next-season/

WhiteJC

3 reasons why Fulham are the team to beat in the Championship next season

With Fulham set to kick-off their 2019-20 campaign in 26 days' time, their supporters will be hoping that manager Scott Parker can deliver a year to remember in the Championship following what was a harrowing season for all concerned in the Premier League.

Although the 39-year-old has yet to sign anyone this summer, the fact that he has managed to keep some of the club's best players at Craven Cottage illustrates that they could very well be contenders for promotion in the second-tier alongside the likes of Leeds United and West Bromwich Albion.

Keeping this in mind, here are three reasons why we think Fulham are the team to beat in the Championship next season...

Aleksander Mitrovic could blow the division away with his firepower

Having signed a new five-year contract with Fulham, Aleksandar Mitrovic will be hoping to repeat his previous exploits at Championship level during the upcoming campaign.

One of the main reasons why the Cottagers sealed promotion to the top-flight last year, the Serbian international fired in 12 goals in 20 appearances for the club.

If he can exceed this total over the course of the next 10 months, Mitrovic could very well end up leading the club back to the Premier League at the first time of asking in 2020.

The Cottagers still have a large contingent of players at their disposal with promotion-winning experience

Despite spending an extortionate amount of money (£104.85m according to Transfermarkt) in a desperate attempt to establish themselves as a top-flight side, Fulham instead finished 10 points adrift of safety in May as their new arrivals failed to make a lasting impression.

Whereas the nature of their relegation was brutal to say the very least, the Cottagers could quite easily bounce back as they still have a number of players at their disposal who were part of the 2018 promotion winning team.

By recapturing the spirit of that particular Championship campaign next season, Fulham may be able to banish the memories of the last year.

Alfie Mawson may end up excelling at this particular level

Signed for a reported fee of £15.17m (via Transfermarkt) from Swansea City last summer, it is fair to say that Alfie Mawson struggled to live up to expectations for Fulham during the previous campaign as he played a major role in the club conceding 81 goals in 38 Premier League games.

However, despite this setback, the defender could prove to be a force to be reckoned with in the Championship if he can hit the ground running in August and September.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/3-reasons-why-fulham-are-the-team-to-beat-in-the-championship-next-season/