News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Do You Remember When People Used To Laugh.

Started by Mince n Tatties, July 10, 2019, 03:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snarks

You are only looking at yourself, and if you weren't a SWM, who knows how different your life would be.

About 72% of Fortune 500 companies are white males, it's similar for FTSE companies too, a majority of judges, MP'sand media owners are white males. The heads of FIFA, UEFA and most sports governing bodies are white males. Furthermore most heads of state are white males in the west, and the west basically drives the direction of travel with domination of the G8 for the world. I'm not looking or talking about my "little piece of turf" I'm talking geo politically. Approximately 50% of the population are female in the UK they don't even get equal pay.

Given its clear who makes decisions on a macro level I can't see where am I wrong. I accept SWM will say no we don't but that comes from the certainty of your position.

Mince n Tatties

Shut this down now mods,as once again certain posters are talking sh++,which has nothing to do with what the topic was about.😵

KingofCheese

Quote from: snarks on July 12, 2019, 06:35:55 AM
Well that's the classic "some of my friends are black so I can't be racist defence". About 72% of Fortune 500 companies are white males, it's similar for FTSE companies too, a majority of judges, MP's and media owners are white males, most heads of state are white males in the west, and the west basically drives the direction of travel with domination of the G8 for the world. I'm not looking or talking about my "little piece of turf" I'm talking geo politically. Approximately 50% of the population are female in the UK they don't even get equal pay.

Given its cleat who makes decisions on a macro level where am I wrong.

I haven't seen any "my friends are black so I am not a racist" post on here which tells me two things a)you don't actually read the replies and b) you are a "template thinker" choosing a standard template in which to make sense of your world. In this case you believe that all memebers if a certain group have privileges and therefore you use the template "shut down the debate by calling them racists" template regardless of what you are actually hearing back. It is very common nowadays sadly and shows to me that the ability to see depth in arguments and ideas is lacking. Don't worry you are in good company als all the "populists" use it, whether it's Farage, Boris, Trump or Diane Abbott. Straw men duely set up so you can feel great knocking them down.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

KingofCheese

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 12, 2019, 07:00:49 AM
Shut this down now mods,as once again certain posters are talking sh++,which has nothing to do with what the topic was about.😵

That is what happens when you open a box like "isn't the PC world rubbish"! I actually enjoyed the debate but then I like to explore my world. I am sure this will be shut down and we will go back to the straight jacketed debate and all avoid saying anything that anyone can disagree with.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

snarks

I've amended my post, as the analogy i was drawing was being misinterpreted, of course there will be those that don't have a private school education who make good, but who is to say why.

You may not like what i say, and you may argue against it, that's fine, debate is the whole point. i have my view, and I believe that it's right, you have yours and don't think there is any SWM privilege, that's fine too

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: KingofCheese on July 12, 2019, 07:46:56 AM

That is what happens when you open a box like "isn't the PC world rubbish"! I actually enjoyed the debate but then I like to explore my world. I am sure this will be shut down and we will go back to the straight jacketed debate and all avoid saying anything that anyone can disagree with.

Its a topic about people not laughing anymore.
And you and another starting off on the road to equal rights,black v whites,women not being paid enough.
What the f+++ has that got to do with it all.
Every time you post you write a novel,I can get over what I have to say in a sentence or a paragraph... Guardian readers I Sh++ them.😒

KingofCheese

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 12, 2019, 07:59:53 AM

And you and another starting off on the road to equal rights,black v whites,women not being paid enough.
Every time you post you write a novel,I can get over what I have to say in a sentence or a paragraph... Guardian readers I Sh++ them.😒

Takes all sorts to make a world. BTW, I looked up the pirate flag thing..seems to be a common theme and is just the way councils respond to neighbourhood complaints. Looks like neighbours who have a disagreement with someone complains and use the flag thing as an excuse to have a go. Councils have rules written in law about what flags can be flown without planning permission and have to enforce the rules. Not a PC thing at all. The power of research.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

KingofCheese

Quote from: snarks on July 12, 2019, 07:55:29 AM
I've amended my post, as the analogy i was drawing was being misinterpreted, of course there will be those that don't have a private school education who make good, but who is to say why.

You may not like what i say, and you may argue against it, that's fine, debate is the whole point. i have my view, and I believe that it's right, you have yours and don't think there is any SWM privilege, that's fine too

Actually I of course believe there are layers of privilege in any society and certainly in ours - almost all politicians come from a certain strata of society and all went to Oxbridge (well the successful ones anyway). I am sure in China being a Han and belonging to a long standing Communist party family also puts you on top. I don't disagree with you in most of what you say but was just pointing out the dangers of essentialism. Have a great day.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

Statto

About 72% of Fortune 500 companies are white males, it's similar for FTSE companies too, a majority of judges, MP'sand media owners are white males. The heads of FIFA, UEFA and most sports governing bodies are white males. Furthermore most heads of state are white males in the west, and the west basically drives the direction of travel with domination of the G8 for the world.

I find it hard to respect any view that makes no effort to distinguish between disparities in gender, race and sexual orientation when all three are totally different issues.

Anyway... as to race, your stats largely just reflect the fact the most of the population of the US and UK since the industrial revolution have been white. If you don't like this Anglo-American world order, fine, move to the Middle East or Africa and see how great it is there. Maybe in the few decades the world will be run by the Chinese anyway. The current situation in Hong Kong shows how that will turn out.

Mince n Tatties

The topic is about when we didn't take things so seriously..... Not if the spoiled sports council gave permission or not that's irrelevant.
Anyhow I'm not going to get involved in a discussion about it,as that will give ammo to you and a couple of others who end up putting numerous posts on different topics arguing about the same things.
Laugh for Christ sake...😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

KingofCheese

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 12, 2019, 08:19:55 AM
The topic is about when we didn't take things so seriously..... Not if the spoiled sports council gave permission or not that's irrelevant.
Anyhow I'm not going to get involved in a discussion about it,as that will give ammo to you and a couple of others who end up putting numerous posts on different topics arguing about the same things.
Laugh for Christ sake...😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Of course I will laugh..it's my natural position on life! I have to say I don't recognise that I post the same subjects on different posts..I think you have mistaken me for someone else. Just to finish on the councils, they are not being spoil sports but are following the laws as laid down for them by parliament. It is what makes this country so great to live it, that we have laws that are followed. I am off to South Africa again soon and that is a country where everyone from politicians to the police make up the laws as they see fit..or depending on what's in it for them. Not a system I would recommend.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

FFC1987

You are only looking at yourself, and if you weren't a SWM, who knows how different your life would be.

About 72% of Fortune 500 companies are white males, it's similar for FTSE companies too, a majority of judges, MP'sand media owners are white males. The heads of FIFA, UEFA and most sports governing bodies are white males. Furthermore most heads of state are white males in the west, and the west basically drives the direction of travel with domination of the G8 for the world. I'm not looking or talking about my "little piece of turf" I'm talking geo politically. Approximately 50% of the population are female in the UK they don't even get equal pay.

Given its clear who makes decisions on a macro level I can't see where am I wrong. I accept SWM will say no we don't but that comes from the certainty of your position.

I mean, you know where you're wrong really. Suggesting things like 'can you imagine your situation if you weren't a SWM' when someone has just given you the perfect response (and a horrific one from a personal perspective) to why you shouldn't generalise and pretend that groups are homogenised. This whole debate became silly when white fragility came into it.

As to laughter, we still have it. I love Ricky Gervais. He does it perfectly in my opinion. But hey, an utterly privileged white straight male from cemetery junction having lived no hardships would right.....

west kowloon white

OldBrownShoe

We could all do with a daily dose of Tommy Cooper! 064.gif
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

ALG01

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 12, 2019, 07:59:53 AM

I do understand your frustration how the thread has gone (guilty as charged) and actually your point is well made and I have a very great deal of sympathy with your outlook.... My only issue is I never quite believe the Sun (where I read the same story) gives all the facts, it tends to only give certain bits that it wants to thus leading you to a conclusion it desires and that may be an incorrect conclusion.

Can't wait for August 3rd when we can get back to the merits of a 5 man back 4. 

KingofCheese

Quote from: west kowloon white on July 12, 2019, 09:56:35 AM
" Essentialism " amused me.

I thank you 😀 after all this is a thread about amusement!

To be fair the poster I was answering did give a very good attempt at including the whole range of human essentialist perspectives - Gender, sexuality, class, race and culture - I think only mathematics and Science were not mentioned being as they are of a non human nature.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

snarks

Quote from: ALG01 on July 12, 2019, 10:30:48 AM

That amuses me, it ranks along with Ringo's 8 days a week

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: OldBrownShoe on July 12, 2019, 10:16:05 AM
We could all do with a daily dose of Tommy Cooper! 064.gif

Just like that !! not like that !! but like that !!
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

I am a straight white male, and proud of it, and very handsome also, and I love a joke. I hope that's alright with everyone.
Here is a joke...... I walked into a men's outfitters and asked the manager to show me the cheapest suit in the shop. He replied " your wearing it ".  064.gif
I hope you all laughed, because if you did not, I will try again.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ron

Quote from: snarks on July 12, 2019, 11:34:42 AM
Quote from: ALG01 on July 12, 2019, 10:30:48 AM

That amuses me, it ranks along with Ringo's 8 days a week

PC alert...pc alert.....are we sure that all 5 of the back 4 are really happy with the assumed gender allocation of "man"?  With the various options available nowadays, there could be a grave breach of human rights here..........

By the way, board gamers need to note that in future "Chesspersons"will be used in references to the playing pieces.