watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It's been a week (nearly)

Started by ALG01, July 10, 2019, 11:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

I had hoped we may have seen a little positive movement in terms of new players by now.
the first game is a bit over 3 weeks away.
I suspect we will repeat past errors in the transfer market based on Mr khan jnr's pod cast because according to him he is perfect (please accept a little poetic licence in my paraphrasing).
This time we have a very inexperienced manager so getting the squad together would have seemed even more of a good idea.
we do not have the genius that was slav that got us up with basically 14 players.
mitro re signed so that excuse for inaction has now passed

my uneasy level for next season has ramps up quite a bit every day TK fails in his duties as usual.

Hoppus

Leeds has signed two wolves players. Then we hear that Tony Kahn talks to super agent Mendes on the phone weekly. What are they talking about? wrestling? Brexit? Movies?

David I

Everyone TK is looking at must be match fit, injury free or at a bargain price otherwise he would have signed a few by now 🤭

And don't forget his style is to wait until the last week of the transfer window to grab a bargain as it's impossible to buy players before deadline day ... 🤷‍♂️ Don't you know.

..FOF..

I think they would chalk up securing Mitro as a first signing already done.

ALG01

Quote from: ..FOF.. on July 11, 2019, 12:06:23 AM

That is eaked out PR to make you and me feel good about nothing happening.
TK is a one person universe where usual logic does not apply.
Leassons learned in five seasons exactly equal zero, which is strangely the number of signings so far this window.

Pathetic.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: ALG01 on July 10, 2019, 11:09:16 PM
I suspect we will repeat past errors in the transfer market

Last year taught FFC that we overpay for players bought early in the window (eg MLM, Seri, Fabri and Schullre). I'll show examples

The worst buy last season was first buy last season with MLM who is now half the value we paid for him. Obviously, we may have overpaid to get highly rated Seri, as we actually paid under market value for Seri at the time.

The second worst buy last season was our biggest loss in value Seri and the combined deal with MLM is probably the reason we overpaid for MLM.

The third worst signing last season was the third purchase last season in Fabri, although in fairness any goalkeeper that has conceded less than a goal a game in his last 70 games should have been given although chance. Fabri is rated much higher than Ryan Babel by turkish fans so selling should go well.

The fourth worst signing last season was the fourth signing Schullre, it seems we were desperate to sign another player to get Mitrovoic to sign after him. A terrible signing in terms of playing but as Mitro decided to sign straight after a one season loan wasn't that expensive.

The fifth worst signing was Mawson, an excellent selection in terms of playing ability, essentially i think the medical report didn't correct assess the risks. Mawson still could easily prove to be an a great great buy.

The sixth worst signing was Anguissa, like Mawson didn't deliver value in his first season. Let's be honest, his rate of winning MOTM especially for Cameroon is phenomenal (about 5 out of 15 matches). Anguissa plays badly at an incredibly high frequency, but no question if he can consistently perform at his best every game, £22 million will be a very good signing.

So the two lessons learnt is signing players early in the window means you pay too much that not good, but equally last season showed a player signed late in the window shouldnt play until mid Autumn minimum (Bryan, Chambers, Mawson and Anguissa were poor at start of season).

St Eve

That's about 3 signings

ALG01

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 11, 2019, 01:37:11 AM

Last year taught FFC that we overpay for players bought early in the window (eg MLM, Seri, Fabri and Schullre). I'll show examples

The worst buy last season was first buy last season with MLM who is now half the value we paid for him. Obviously, we may have overpaid to get highly rated Seri, as we actually paid under market value for Seri at the time.

The second worst buy last season was our biggest loss in value Seri and the combined deal with MLM is probably the reason we overpaid for MLM.

The third worst signing last season was the third purchase last season in Fabri, although in fairness any goalkeeper that has conceded less than a goal a game in his last 70 games should have been given although chance. Fabri is rated much higher than Ryan Babel by turkish fans so selling should go well.

The fourth worst signing last season was the fourth signing Schullre, it seems we were desperate to sign another player to get Mitrovoic to sign after him. A terrible signing in terms of playing but as Mitro decided to sign straight after a one season loan wasn't that expensive.

The fifth worst signing was Mawson, an excellent selection in terms of playing ability, essentially i think the medical report didn't correct assess the risks. Mawson still could easily prove to be an a great great buy.

The sixth worst signing was Anguissa, like Mawson didn't deliver value in his first season. Let's be honest, his rate of winning MOTM especially for Cameroon is phenomenal (about 5 out of 15 matches). Anguissa plays badly at an incredibly high frequency, but no question if he can consistently perform at his best every game, £22 million will be a very good signing.

So the two lessons learnt is signing players early in the window means you pay too much that not good, but equally last season showed a player signed late in the window shouldnt play until mid Autumn minimum (Bryan, Chambers, Mawson and Anguissa were poor at start of season).

Once again you draw your own conclusions to make what you think is a point.

Implicit is that we make the right signings. So far we have made no signings, and have left ourselves with an incomplete squad until way too late in pre season, just like last season. yes we got a few in last time but because of the step up and the release of way too many loanees we were still short of players last season for far too long and pre season was nowhere near effective enough. Same error repeated...

If TK was really serious about being ambitious for us, and he is obviously not, we would have a virtually full squad by now unless he thinks what we have are good enough and I do not think it is if trying for top three finish is a priority.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: ALG01 on July 11, 2019, 01:31:43 PM

Implicit is that we make the right signings. So far we have made no signings, and have left ourselves with an incomplete squad until way too late in pre season, just like last season. yes we got a few in last time but because of the step up and the release of way too many loanees we were still short of players last season for far too long and pre season was nowhere near effective enough. Same error repeated...

If TK was really serious about being ambitious for us, and he is obviously not, we would have a virtually full squad by now unless he thinks what we have are good enough and I do not think it is if trying for top three finish is a priority.

You say " draw your own conclusions to make what you think is a point", what else do think I can do "draw other people conclusions?".

Dr Quinzel

They can if they want. I don't think many fans would have the wool pulled over their eyes in that respect however.

Nero

Ive heard TK had players lined up but Scott didnt want any of them, we can make up what every we want to fit our narrative 

Camel Club

Whilst there are still doubts over where Seri and Ryan Sess will be next season the make up of the squad is becoming a lot clearer. I fully expect a couple of really important signings to be announced over the next 10 days which will demonstrate why we are so highly fancied for an immediate return to the PL.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Nero on July 11, 2019, 04:07:56 PM
Ive heard TK had players lined up but Scott didnt want any of them, we can make up what every we want to fit our narrative 
If true then good for SP. He knows more what is needed.
Shame this didn't happen last season.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Jims Dentist on July 11, 2019, 06:55:39 PM

Yes some fella called Messi was coming on loan.
But Scottie blocked it.😋

HV71

Quote from: Jims Dentist on July 11, 2019, 06:55:39 PM

As you say , if true, this is probably the best news of the summer break ( along with Mitro ).

Andy S

Players and agents do not and never have laid down to have their belly stroked. Negotiations are tough and yes they go on for a bit in most cases. That is why Sess is still here. So let's not worry how long until the start of the season is as it will all be clear soon

jarv

Stop all this nonsense about inactivity. Fulham has to wait until deals are done (or not) for Seri and Sess plus one or two more. Then they have money to spend else they hang on to 2 good players for now.  When you buy a house, in the chain, timing is everything and nothing can be done if someone breaks the chain.

JoelH5

Funny how loads of other clubs have managed it
I was there, standing in the Putney end

junior white

When did we last sign someone when we were away on a training camp? Someone must know, I can't remember

ALG01

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 11, 2019, 03:23:33 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on July 11, 2019, 01:31:43 PM

You say " draw your own conclusions to make what you think is a point", what else do think I can do "draw other people conclusions?".

Well you could actually address the actual point i am actually making, rather than always make a different one in defence of the club management.