watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It's been a week (nearly)

Started by ALG01, July 10, 2019, 11:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rational Fan

Fans may have to accept we may not have any money that FFP allows us to spend other than the profit raised from players we can sell. Selling Fabri and Seri is cutting costs in the future, but doesn't give us money until losses are paid off. Maybe we should just loan them or use them.

Twig

Quote from: HV71 on July 11, 2019, 07:06:54 PM
Quote from: Jims Dentist on July 11, 2019, 06:55:39 PM
Quote from: Nero on July 11, 2019, 04:07:56 PM
Ive heard TK had players lined up but Scott didnt want any of them, we can make up what every we want to fit our narrative 
If true then good for SP. He knows more what is needed.
Shame this didn't happen last season.

As you say , if true, this is probably the best news of the summer break ( along with Mitro ).

Sorry I may be missing something here but how is it such good news that, if true, TK had some inappropriate signings lined up. All of which were rejected by the manager?   
Is it a) good that TK had the wrong signings lined up or b) good that SP rejected them all?

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: JoelH5 on July 11, 2019, 10:10:07 PM
Funny how loads of other clubs have managed it

We're the only club in the Championship to not manage it, despite the parachute money.

Europe's top 5 leagues have seen spending of 2.72bn so far this summer.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2019/jun/04/football-transfer-window-2019-every-summer-deal-from-europe-top-five-leagues

It isn't outside factors - it is a deliberate choice by the club. You can choose to accept that ofcourse, but lets not pretend it is some impossible task they are facing.

HV71

Sorry I may be missing something here but how is it such good news that, if true, TK had some inappropriate signings lined up. All of which were rejected by the manager?   
Is it a) good that TK had the wrong signings lined up or b) good that SP rejected them all?

Apologies Twig for not being clear. I am just pleased that , if the rumours are true , Parker has had his say in who he wants in the squad. SP will live or die by his football decisions whilst TK will live on no matter how he performs.Football people have to have the final say , within the understandable financial constraints, of who comes in and who goes. I have little faith in TK's ability to choose the right players, never mind the right 'team mix' .

filham

Quote from: Jims Dentist on July 11, 2019, 06:55:39 PM
Quote from: Nero on July 11, 2019, 04:07:56 PM
Ive heard TK had players lined up but Scott didnt want any of them, we can make up what every we want to fit our narrative 
If true then good for SP. He knows more what is needed.
Shame this didn't happen last season.
If this is fact then it is really good to hear that Parker is in control of transfers.

Twig

Quote from: HV71 on July 12, 2019, 09:27:39 AM

Apologies Twig for not being clear. I am just pleased that , if the rumours are true , Parker has had his say in who he wants in the squad. SP will live or die by his football decisions whilst TK will live on no matter how he performs.Football people have to have the final say , within the understandable financial constraints, of who comes in and who goes. I have little faith in TK's ability to choose the right players, never mind the right 'team mix' .

Got you. And I couldn't agree more.

ALG01

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 12, 2019, 01:48:45 AM
Fans may have to accept we may not have any money that FFP allows us to spend other than the profit raised from players we can sell. Selling Fabri and Seri is cutting costs in the future, but doesn't give us money until losses are paid off. Maybe we should just loan them or use them.

If that is in fact the case then the club, and therefore TK in the recent podcast, should share that with us because we can cope with facts. I know before season ticket deadline day they would be reluctant to perhaps do that but surely now would be useful so we can manage our expectations.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: HV71 on July 12, 2019, 09:27:39 AM

Agree 👍
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Artful Dodger

Quote from: junior white on July 11, 2019, 10:16:27 PM
When did we last sign someone when we were away on a training camp? Someone must know, I can't remember
Ross McCormack signed in time to go on the training camp I seem to remember....one of our best signings in recent years in terms of where we were then as a club and keeping us up in the Championship.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

The Rock

If Cavaleiro news is true, then as it stands, the only signings we'd really need on top of the current squad would be defenders really. You would have to think that if somehow Anguissa and Seri actually stayed, they would have the quality perform well in the Championship. At least their price tag should warrant it.