watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cyrus Christie

Started by Mince n Tatties, July 11, 2019, 07:57:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Reading through a few of the latest threads,I find that certain posters think all our problems in defence lay at his door,and he must be replaced.
Peoples views differ of course, Cyrus will be fine at RB,he is a good Championship player and imo the best in that position for us. 049:gif

graham_noakes

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dodger53

Christie will not be ok at right back, his ability is poor and atitude are wrong. Back up at best assuming nobody wants him on loan.
I do not lay our defence problems all on Christie, he was just one of them. Playing Sessegnon as a full back and a lack of a good CB were all in the mix but Christie stood out as very poor in defence and he is not a wing back because he can't cross a good ball.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Dodger53 on July 11, 2019, 09:33:13 AM
Christie will not be ok at right back, his ability is poor and atitude are wrong. Back up at best assuming nobody wants him on loan.
I do not lay our defence problems all on Christie, he was just one of them. Playing Sessegnon as a full back and a lack of a good CB were all in the mix but Christie stood out as very poor in defence and he is not a wing back because he can't cross a good ball.

On what grounds do you come to the conclusion that he has a bad attitude?

ffcne

I like Christie, always shows for the ball
and has a lot of possession.
And likes to create going forward.
Switches of though when defending.
But like his attitude.

Mince n Tatties

Who in the last few seasons for us has been able to cross a ball?
I'm not into stats but I bet were right at the bottom of crossing a ball from dead ball situation.

The Rational Fan

The best players still at the club last season, according to whoscored, are Fabri, Christie, MLM, Bryan, Anguissa and Mitrovoic (GK, RB, CB, LB, CM and CF), and we know Betts, Ream, McDonald, Johasen and Cairney can deliver in the Championship (GK, CB, DM, CM and AM).

So surely, what we desperately need are a RW and LW (or one plus Sessegnon), a strong bench to come on late in games (e.g. Kamara) and reserves in every position we don't have two players.

FFC1987

I'm arguably one of Christie's biggest critics but the one thing i'd never fault him on is attitude. He's terrific on and off the field with his work ethic and is a thoroughly likeable person, hence why it pains me that I don't think he's quite up to it. I have to say, someone creating a Christie pro thread every week is tiresome. (as is a negative one dedicated to him) We get it, some like him (with merit) and some dislike him (with merit), the games about opinions and he seems to be one we disagree on but its starting to feel like  :dead horse: when we just go to and fro.

The fairest I can be to him, which I've stated, many a time, is, with form he's a top 6 RB in championship, without form, midtable at best. He was woeful last season at EPL level having been thrown in deep end, and I wasn't overly impressed with his overall contributions in our promotion season but he did show glimpses of quality, eg Bristol assist to Mitro was a lovely pass. We want to win this division and I'm not totally sold he's the answer, and if he reaches potential I'm not granting him, and we do go up with him, he'll be one of the first we need to replace in EPL.

RaySmith

Agree he has a great attitude, and I do think he's a good Championship player.

I remember  at the  great home win  v Brighton, his surges down the right wing, finding space to receive a ball, then running down the wing and crossing into the box.

I really like him as a player - the right attitude means a lot, for a start.

Dodger53

Quote from: ffcne on July 11, 2019, 09:40:25 AM
But like his attitude.

He looks switched off most of the time, if he is caught out of position he jogs back with all the time in the world, even in the training photos in Portugal he looks switched off. I don't think he has anything to offer and I certainly dont think he is a top 6 Championship wing back.

Maidstone Lee

We have not replaced Fredricks who was vital in our build up play for our last previous campaigns and it really showed last season. Christie will get into a position to cross but will turn and go backwards which is so frustrating to watch. Also when he gets forward it takes him an age to get back. We need to be aiming higher then Christie if we want to go back up and stay up.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

bobby01

Quote from: Dodger53 on July 11, 2019, 10:06:02 AM
But like his attitude.

He looks switched off most of the time, if he is caught out of position he jogs back with all the time in the world, even in the training photos in Portugal he looks switched off. I don't think he has anything to offer and I certainly dont think he is a top 6 Championship wing back.

Sure your not confusing him with Cairney. :hook:
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

snarks

But like his attitude.

Played for Derby and Middlesbrough before us and got promoted with us, I'd hesitate to say that's not top 6 championship, as for looking switched off in a 1/100 of a second photo blimey, that's one hell of a stretch

FFC1987

Quote from: snarks on July 11, 2019, 10:14:11 AM
But like his attitude.

Played for Derby and Middlesbrough before us and got promoted with us, I'd hesitate to say that's not top 6 championship, as for looking switched off in a 1/100 of a second photo blimey, that's one hell of a stretch

I'd said this before though, he was sold at cost in January by Boro where he was supposedly their no.1 RB. That's not the actions of a team that rated him highly. I think he's lost his way somewhat since Derby. Maybe he can re-find that form but he's been off the boil for at least 3 seasons now.

snarks

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 11, 2019, 10:18:35 AM
But like his attitude.

I'd said this before though, he was sold at cost in January by Boro where he was supposedly their no.1 RB. That's not the actions of a team that rated him highly. I think he's lost his way somewhat since Derby. Maybe he can re-find that form but he's been off the boil for at least 3 seasons now.

The thing was he'd been bought by Monk and then he was sacked and Pulis took over, he made it clear he didn't want to play under Pulis, and I can't blame him for that, on that basis Boro wanted rid, and we wanted a RB as RF wouldn't sign a new contract. Hence cost suited both.

He didn't suit SJ's system as well as RF did. I personally blow hot and cold about him, but he is good enough for us in the Championship, although I'm hoping S Sess and Dramah (who people seem to rate as a RB) get game time too.

colinwhite

Looked very out of his depth in the PL. Ok for the championship ,but we can do a lot better . Makes far too many mistakes.

Mince n Tatties

FFC1987...
Christie pro thread put up every week is getting tiresome?
I've never seen one up before or am I missing something... Plenty of anti Christie more like.

FFC1987

Quote from: snarks on July 11, 2019, 10:28:48 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 11, 2019, 10:18:35 AM
But like his attitude.

The thing was he'd been bought by Monk and then he was sacked and Pulis took over, he made it clear he didn't want to play under Pulis, and I can't blame him for that, on that basis Boro wanted rid, and we wanted a RB as RF wouldn't sign a new contract. Hence cost suited both.

He didn't suit SJ's system as well as RF did. I personally blow hot and cold about him, but he is good enough for us in the Championship, although I'm hoping S Sess and Dramah (who people seem to rate as a RB) get game time too.

I'm not sure why Christie would just state he doesn't want to play for Pulis if he's settled as no.1 in a Monk team to be honest. If he did, that brings attitude into question really. I do however hope, liek you, we see the emergence of a young pacey full back though. We desperately need it.

Mince n Tatties

You've just put 6 quotes up to answer Snarks.
Why don't you just put name up like I've done to you last post.....All these quotes from certain posters..
Now That's Tiresome.😉

FFC1987

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 11, 2019, 10:47:06 AM
You've just put 6 quotes up to answer Snarks.
Why don't you just put name up like I've done to you last post.....All these quotes from certain posters..
Now That's Tiresome.😉

Yes, having the same mundane chat about one player is the same as someone quoting a chat which you have to scroll slightly further.....Theres been about 4 chats hijacked by random posts to Christie. As I said, we get it, I even said both pro and anti posts regarding him were tiresome and I actually gave a decent account of why instead of the pedantic drivvle offered by you above. At least Snarks offered a decent opposing opinion rather than a cheap snipe.