Main Menu

(gossip) Arsenal offer Chambers as part of Zaha deal

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, July 11, 2019, 12:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

If so, then they don't want him, get in there TK
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Bassey the warrior

He doesn't strike me as an Arsenal-type player. Not that great at using the ball by their standards, he often gave the ball away trying to play a long ball and messing it up. Not a very technical player. But he's perfect for us, brilliant defensively, with a good engine and surprisingly good shot. I also think he'd be brilliant for Palace but not sure they need him, they've got three players who play a similar role - Kouyate, Milivojevic and McCarthur.

We could try a £7 million bid, see what the response is.

FFC1987

Pretty sure he mentioned a few times in last few interviews he needs a premier league team.

Bill2

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 11, 2019, 12:52:11 PM
Pretty sure he mentioned a few times in last few interviews he needs a premier league team.
What he thinks he needs and what he can get are not the same. What any player needs is regular game time in a successful side.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Bill2 on July 11, 2019, 01:18:24 PM
What he thinks he needs and what he can get are not the same. What any player needs is regular game time in a successful side.
And Championship sides who want to succeed need players who are capable of performing at Premier League level. I'm not anticipating  an easy season for us at all next year ...look at Swansea and Stoke last season..... and the more quality we have the better. I would have Chambers without hesitation.

FFC1987

Quote from: Whitesideup on July 11, 2019, 01:30:43 PM
Quote from: Bill2 on July 11, 2019, 01:18:24 PM
And Championship sides who want to succeed need players who are capable of performing at Premier League level. I'm not anticipating  an easy season for us at all next year ...look at Swansea and Stoke last season..... and the more quality we have the better. I would have Chambers without hesitation.

You'll be hard pressed to find anyone who doesn't want Chambers back with us next season. I think he'll find suitors in the EPL and we'll miss out was really my point.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on July 11, 2019, 12:47:06 PM
He doesn't strike me as an Arsenal-type player. Not that great at using the ball by their standards, he often gave the ball away trying to play a long ball and messing it up. Not a very technical player. But he's perfect for us, brilliant defensively, with a good engine and surprisingly good shot. I also think he'd be brilliant for Palace but not sure they need him, they've got three players who play a similar role - Kouyate, Milivojevic and McCarthur.

We could try a £7 million bid, see what the response is.

I'd be shocked if TK hasn't already put in a £7 million bid for Chambers. Of course, that's no way near enough to get him.

David I

Rather Chambers in front of the back line than Anguissa or Seri.... straight swap? Either for Chambers?

Statto

I assume the offer is something along the lines of £60m cash plus Chambers or just £50m cash

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: David I on July 11, 2019, 03:08:27 PM
Rather Chambers in front of the back line than Anguissa or Seri.... straight swap? Either for Chambers?

Considering neither Seri or Anguissa are good #6, that's understandable.

Both of them are probably better than Chambers at build up play though.   Would you rather have Chambers than Stefjo?

David I

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 11, 2019, 06:12:29 PM
Quote from: David I on July 11, 2019, 03:08:27 PM

Considering neither Seri or Anguissa are good #6, that's understandable.

Both of them are probably better than Chambers at build up play though.   Would you rather have Chambers than Stefjo?
Good question.... I would say yes. Chambers protecting the back line with the occasional forage forward over Stefjo