watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Harvey Elliot

Started by Mike the White, July 11, 2019, 04:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike the White

I see the fee has gone to arbitration.  Will that be good or bad news?

Woolly Mammoth

Knowing the useless mugs at the FA, they will sit on the fence and look at a halfway compromise.
They won't want to upset their little darlings Liverpool either.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

One thing is for certain, if Elliot ever plays for a club other than Liverpool, what we and QPR get will be a tiny fraction of what Liverpool gets for developing him.

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: Mike the White on July 11, 2019, 04:23:52 PM

Better than if he went overseas, but won't be anything life-changing for the club.

It's all part of the reason why he got minutes for us - increasing his value.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Nero

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 11, 2019, 11:29:02 PM
Harvey Elliot compilation:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F-YQiAFaMpI&time_continue=22

Having watched that I think hes making a big mistake, the standard of keepers and players are nowhere near championship level, he would learn so much more playing 10 - 15 mins a week against men then running rings around bad youth players. He'll be nowhere near the Liverpool first team and develop may stall, i expect a loam move in 2 or 3 years will be the next we hear of him

Quote from: Nero on July 12, 2019, 12:31:39 AM

Having watched that I think hes making a big mistake, the standard of keepers and players are nowhere near championship level, he would learn so much more playing 10 - 15 mins a week against men then running rings around bad youth players. He'll be nowhere near the Liverpool first team and develop may stall, i expect a loam move in 2 or 3 years will be the next we hear of him

We don't know how old some of the clips are - some may be a couple of years old - but I was surprised how schoolboyish or practice session like the games looked and the lack of tackling. Also, he was quite one (left) footed (yes, Cairney is too). He doesn't look quite ready for Champions League football just yet.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 12, 2019, 02:18:47 AM
Quote from: Nero on July 12, 2019, 12:31:39 AM

We don't know how old some of the clips are - some may be a couple of years old - but I was surprised how schoolboyish or practice session like the games looked and the lack of tackling. Also, he was quite one (left) footed (yes, Cairney is too). He doesn't look quite ready for Champions League football just yet.

Liverpool has been rumoured to have promised to pay Harvey Elliot higher wages than either Seri or Cairney from his 17th Birthday onwards. Fulham and QPRs combined compensation for developing him could be about 8 weeks of his "wages at 17 years old" and in the future his wages maybe more per week than FFC ever received in compensation.

Dr Quinzel

"Liverpool has been rumoured to have promised to pay Harvey Elliot higher wages than either Seri or Cairney from his 17th Birthday onwards. Fulham and QPRs combined compensation for developing him could be about 8 weeks of his "wages at 17 years old" and in the future his wages maybe more per week than FFC ever received in compensation."

Gutting for us, but if true, I don't see what mistake Elliott is making here. Boyhood club, Dad's club, Champions league winners, title challengers, good record of bringing youth through and one of Europe's highest rated coaches. Plus all that money - he may be just 17, but one bad tackle and his career could nosedive or end. Seems like a win win for him from my view.

I'm sure Fulham will be on the benefitting end of something like this sooner than later. We nearly did the same with Raheem Sterling after all.

Andy S

He's got a lot of learning to do. He would be better off remaining with a smaller club

Twig

I can't see what he is doing wrong. Going to a big club where his family have a history and getting a big increase in his income. Liverpool have a decent record of developing their youth. If he was my son I would say go ahead and grab your opportunity.

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: Andy S on July 12, 2019, 10:17:43 AM
He's got a lot of learning to do. He would be better off remaining with a smaller club

Why? Our record with youth is as bad as Chelsea. Sess aside, which player under 20 has had a run in the first team consistently?

Syd Cupp

Read this today if its true on his twitter and Instagram sites then happy for him to go.....

https://rushthekop.com/2019/07/12/liverpool-news-discovered-fulham-elliot-not-pretty/

Nero

Quote from: Dr Quinzel on July 12, 2019, 08:46:15 AM

"Liverpool has been rumoured to have promised to pay Harvey Elliot higher wages than either Seri or Cairney from his 17th Birthday onwards. Fulham and QPRs combined compensation for developing him could be about 8 weeks of his "wages at 17 years old" and in the future his wages maybe more per week than FFC ever received in compensation."

Gutting for us, but if true, I don't see what mistake Elliott is making here. Boyhood club, Dad's club, Champions league winners, title challengers, good record of bringing youth through and one of Europe's highest rated coaches. Plus all that money - he may be just 17, but one bad tackle and his career could nosedive or end. Seems like a win win for him from my view.

I'm sure Fulham will be on the benefitting end of something like this sooner than later. We nearly did the same with Raheem Sterling after all.

There arent that many career threatening injuries now days are there with the medical advances there have been, he can make money sat in the reserves at Liverpool  or play first team games and get a big move for first team football like Sess is likely to do, either way if sess says or goes he going to be on a big chunk of money that will set him up for life if hes not stupid with it

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: Nero on July 12, 2019, 01:45:00 PM

There arent that many career threatening injuries now days are there with the medical advances there have been, he can make money sat in the reserves at Liverpool  or play first team games and get a big move for first team football like Sess is likely to do, either way if sess says or goes he going to be on a big chunk of money that will set him up for life if hes not stupid with it

We only played him to get his tribunal fee up - I've been telling this to people for months. Doesn't mean he would have been in the first team this year by any stretch if his contract situation was different. Why do people seem to think we're some sort of Ajax? We don't give youth extended chances. Sessegnon is the anomoly. There's a huge gulf between the u18 level kids being talented, then going from the u23's and into our first team. Young players seeing this and wanting to leave is a Fulham issue that we need to fix.

He has just as much chance, possibly more at Liverpool. Rumours are Elliott will be getting a wedge regardless so this is his big move.

There's a lot of bitter fans here who seem to think we're something we're not when it comes to giving youth a chance.

It depends what you are going for: a football career or the financial rewards.

I believe that the player or the club can get insurance to cover career ending injuries.

As for a career, a young player needs to break through into the first team and gain game time. Festering in the u23s, on the bench or out on loan in some lower standard of football is unlikely to help a player develop.

Look at the careers of Patrick Roberts, now 22, (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Roberts) and Emerson Hyndman, now 23, (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerson_Hyndman) since they left Fulham with 19 and 25 appearances for Fulham behind them so somewhat more advanced than Elliot.They are hardly a great advertisement for going to a bigger club before getting so experience and consolidating your position.

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 12, 2019, 02:51:56 PM

I believe that the player or the club can get insurance to cover career ending injuries.

As for a career, a young player needs to break through into the first team and gain game time. Festering in the u23s, on the bench or out on loan in some lower standard of football is unlikely to help a player develop.

Look at the careers of Patrick Roberts, now 22, (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Roberts) and Emerson Hyndman, now 23, (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerson_Hyndman) since they left Fulham with 19 and 25 appearances for Fulham behind them so somewhat more advanced than Elliot.They are hardly a great advertisement for going to a bigger club before getting so experience and consolidating your position.

Why do you think he's more likely to get that here, where the only player under 21 in the last three years to get any serious game time is Sess, compared to Liverpool?

Thanks for the Wikis of those players - ...we all know who they are.

Quote from: Dr Quinzel on July 12, 2019, 03:07:53 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 12, 2019, 02:51:56 PM

Why do you think he's more likely to get that here, where the only player under 21 in the last three years to get any serious game time is Sess, compared to Liverpool?

Thanks for the Wikis of those players - ...we all know who they are.

I hope our young players do get more of a chance. We have more of a stable team now based around the promotion side plus those who bedded in last season so we might take a few more risks. We are now in the Championship rather than the PL. We have a new manager who may be more willing to give them opportunities. There are several positions up for grabs. From the practice match and the photographs from Portugal, the young up and coming players are training as part of the first team squad. And, hopefully, we will have a winning side. So, several reasons why a young player might feel positive about their chances with Fulham.

I put in the wiki links because I like to check the facts and thought some others might also like to refresh their memories as to how much pitch time Roberts and Hyndman have had since leaving us, what kind of impact the have had and where they are now. I took it for granted that you know these things.

As also I have assumed we all know how many in Liverpool's squad have come through their youth system or moved there when young and the quality and depth or lack of in their midfield and attack that is behind Elliot's decision that his future will be brighter if he moves to Liverpool.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Mike the White on July 11, 2019, 04:23:52 PM

I think it's the best we could get given that his contract has expired. Up front fee of a few million but probably quite large addons and sell on clause.

St. Andrews White

He's apparently been offered 60k a week a Liverpool, no wonder we couldn't match that!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.