https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Harvey Elliot

Started by Mike the White, July 11, 2019, 04:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill2

Quote from: mlangstrom on July 13, 2019, 08:57:38 AM
Quote from: Mike the White on July 11, 2019, 04:23:52 PM
I see the fee has gone to arbitration.  Will that be good or bad news?

I think it's the best we could get given that his contract has expired. Up front fee of a few million but probably quite large addons and sell on clause.

If it goes to form we will have to pay Liverpool about 5 mill.

spikey norman

The below article might give a bit of an indication of what we might possibly receive in compensation

https://live4liverpool.com/2019/07/view-from-the-kop/liverpool-will-be-having-ings-deja-vu-amid-elliott-report/

Jamie88

People who are criticising him for not staying - I find it hard to believe that the majority of you would've turned down a monumental wage when you were 16 especially at a big club.

I Ronic

Let's imagine for one moment that your son/grandson plays his football at the Colchester Youth Academy. Your Fulham, through and through as is your son/grandson and Fulham come knocking. Watched you play want you at their club and can offer you a contract, better conditions, better coaching, training alongside the likes of Mitro, TC etc and a salary above that of most of the senior players at Colchester. Anybody on here give me a believable reason you'd be telling him to stay at Colchester?

JoelH5

Quote from: I Ronic on July 13, 2019, 09:37:35 PM
Let's imagine for one moment that your son/grandson plays his football at the Colchester Youth Academy. Your Fulham, through and through as is your son/grandson and Fulham come knocking. Watched you play want you at their club and can offer you a contract, better conditions, better coaching, training alongside the likes of Mitro, TC etc and a salary above that of most of the senior players at Colchester. Anybody on here give me a believable reason you'd be telling him to stay at Colchester?

I think most people dont like him because of his demeanour more than his decision to move on.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Tabby

Quote from: JoelH5 on July 13, 2019, 10:01:19 PM

I think most people dont like him because of his demeanour more than his decision to move on.

What demeanour? Other than having a crap haircut.

I Ronic

When it was first suggested he wouldn't sign a contract it was the Clubs fault. His social media stuff has only recently become more common knowledge. I think Southampton have the most success getting players from their academy into their first team and it's not that many.
Dembele was one of the players mentioned above. How long was he with our Academy? 1 year. 8 with PSG.

Sting of the North

Most people don't like him? Ok.

Also, what is this demeanor that you refer to? Honest question, since I maybe missed something.

JoelH5

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 13, 2019, 10:16:12 PM

Most people don't like him? Ok.

Also, what is this demeanor that you refer to? Honest question, since I maybe missed something.

This is going from what I've seen on social media but people say he comes across with a bit of an attitude and being way too big for his boots. I dont follow him on instagram but apparently a lot of that comes across on his instagram story posts.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Sting of the North

Quote from: JoelH5 on July 13, 2019, 10:19:25 PM
This is going from what I've seen on social media but people say he comes across with a bit of an attitude and being way too big for his boots. I dont follow him on instagram but apparently a lot of that comes across on his instagram story posts.

Thanks. Personally I would never mind at all as long as he acts professional towards Fulham, which he may or may not have done. I don't care however if he comes across as cocky, or if he has an unusual haircut. I have noticed though that many do mind stuff like that, and those ridicoulous personal comments  always comes to the forefront when people are disappointed (which in this case would be because he leaves Fulham). If you are correct that many Fulham fans dislike his general demeanour (unless there is something more specific to it), then good for him for leaving I guess.

Nero

Lets imagine that I had actually supported a club near where I lived and not 250+ miles away and not some big club fanboy, i would say glory hunter but Liverpool havent had much glory over the last 20 odd years , so I wouldnt be sending my 16-year-old son away from his family or seeing him as a cash cow to support me if I make the move with him,  let's image if Fulham had recently had a young player come through their academy and gave him first-team football, lets image if that player until last year was one of the most sort after in Europe and could have moved for a large wage with the best wishes of the fans haven't football league experience under his belt, imagine if your son being welcomed whenever he comes back to to a warm welcome to the area he grew up.

Now imagine your son in a city he doesn't know 250 miles from home with loads of money and no friends felling homesick missing his family playing in the reserves, imaging telling him don't worry son your playing for my boyhood club Liverpool reserves and you're earning a package chin up me and you mum will pop up when you can, get some tattoos if your bored it will go with the image you portray of wanting to keep up with the latest fashion find some bimbo to spend your money up, hay next year you can start to learn to drive, but remember to keep sending me and you mum some money, oh what that they want to send you on loan to Coventry to get some first-team football, well it another place you've not visited a chance to make more friends in a city you don't know, its working out great isn't it son its all I dreamed of when I sent you there, it's a good job you didn't stay at Fulham

Going to Liverpool is a risk and seems more money motivated then career-motivated I don't know what sort of family he comes from whether they have money or not, or if his dad is trying to live his football dreams through his son but a barely 16 years old with a chance of first-team football at the club he's at I might well say stay at Colchester get some first-team football they still going to pay you a decent sum of money at a young age and you can make the move to the club of my dreams when you are ready to.

oh well, not ever one can have sensible parents like Sess, now what team did he support as a child, anyone know?

Statto

Quote from: St. Andrews White on July 13, 2019, 09:22:44 AM
He's apparently been offered 60k a week a Liverpool, no wonder we couldn't match that!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I can't claim to know exactly what his wages will be at Liverpool but there's no effing way it will be £60k. Their offer might well be double or triple ours but I suspect our offer is something like £5k pw, so maybe they're offering £10k pw.

St. Andrews White

60k was reported in the Liverpool Echo, and whilst it might be a bit much, we could easily match 10k. Reckon it's actually at least 30k, otherwise why wouldn't we do our best to keep him?

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

grandad

Quote from: Statto on July 14, 2019, 10:37:05 AM
He's apparently been offered 60k a week a Liverpool, no wonder we couldn't match that!

I can't claim to know exactly what his wages will be at Liverpool but there's no effing way it will be £60k. Their offer might well be double or triple ours but I suspect our offer is something like £5k pw, so maybe they're offering £10k pw.

What on earth will he spend it on. He probably doesn´t shave yet, he can´t drive a car, he is not old enough to drink, can´t have a tattoo. A lot more he can´t do till he is 18. Poor boy. Never mind I am sure his agent will look after his money.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Andy S

It's his life and he has to handle it the way he wants. It's better to regret what you have done than regret what you didn't do

Jeroen

Good luck to him - can't fault him for wanting guaranteed money I case he doesn't make it!
And for Fulham... well... if you go on the news articles, we could get; £5M + £1.5m + 20% sell on clause.

I will take that for someone that wants to leave anyway.

Statto

Quote from: St. Andrews White on July 14, 2019, 11:51:21 AM
60k was reported in the Liverpool Echo, and whilst it might be a bit much, we could easily match 10k. Reckon it's actually at least 30k, otherwise why wouldn't we do our best to keep him?

We have a structure like every club, that we won't want to break.

I doubt Fredericks' wages at West Ham are more than we're paying Schurrle and Mitro, maybe £70k-£80k, but under our structure we don't pay that to bang average full backs so we had to let him go.

If we start paying £10-20k to teenagers who are nowhere near the first team then fringe players like Djalo, Cisse, Rodak and O'Riley are going to say they should be on £30k+.

For context, according to reports (which im inclined to believe) Sessegnon is only on £8k pw currently, albeit I suspect we're offering him 5x that now.

spikey norman

Sunday People saying we want Liverpool to pay us £9 million pounds for Elliot

GloucesterWhite

Quote from: grandad on July 14, 2019, 11:51:37 AM
Quote from: Statto on July 14, 2019, 10:37:05 AM

What on earth will he spend it on. He probably doesn´t shave yet, he can´t drive a car, he is not old enough to drink, can´t have a tattoo. A lot more he can´t do till he is 18. Poor boy. Never mind I am sure his agent will look after his money.
Footballers have special rules for their pension contributions - they are allowed to put most of their wages in a pension pot that can pay out at a much earlier age than the rest of us. It's because their working 'life' is so much shorter.

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: Nero on July 14, 2019, 10:04:46 AM

Lets imagine that I had actually supported a club near where I lived and not 250+ miles away and not some big club fanboy, i would say glory hunter but Liverpool havent had much glory over the last 20 odd years , so I wouldnt be sending my 16-year-old son away from his family or seeing him as a cash cow to support me if I make the move with him,  let's image if Fulham had recently had a young player come through their academy and gave him first-team football, lets image if that player until last year was one of the most sort after in Europe and could have moved for a large wage with the best wishes of the fans haven't football league experience under his belt, imagine if your son being welcomed whenever he comes back to to a warm welcome to the area he grew up.

Now imagine your son in a city he doesn't know 250 miles from home with loads of money and no friends felling homesick missing his family playing in the reserves, imaging telling him don't worry son your playing for my boyhood club Liverpool reserves and you're earning a package chin up me and you mum will pop up when you can, get some tattoos if your bored it will go with the image you portray of wanting to keep up with the latest fashion find some bimbo to spend your money up, hay next year you can start to learn to drive, but remember to keep sending me and you mum some money, oh what that they want to send you on loan to Coventry to get some first-team football, well it another place you've not visited a chance to make more friends in a city you don't know, its working out great isn't it son its all I dreamed of when I sent you there, it's a good job you didn't stay at Fulham

Going to Liverpool is a risk and seems more money motivated then career-motivated I don't know what sort of family he comes from whether they have money or not, or if his dad is trying to live his football dreams through his son but a barely 16 years old with a chance of first-team football at the club he's at I might well say stay at Colchester get some first-team football they still going to pay you a decent sum of money at a young age and you can make the move to the club of my dreams when you are ready to.

oh well, not ever one can have sensible parents like Sess, now what team did he support as a child, anyone know?

You sound so bitter towards a kid, it is untrue.