Main Menu

Harvey Elliot

Started by Mike the White, July 11, 2019, 04:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gang

Quote from: Dr Quinzel on July 15, 2019, 09:51:03 AM
Quote from: Nero on July 14, 2019, 10:04:46 AM
Quote from: I Ronic on July 13, 2019, 09:37:35 PM
Let's imagine for one moment that your son/grandson plays his football at the Colchester Youth Academy. Your Fulham, through and through as is your son/grandson and Fulham come knocking. Watched you play want you at their club and can offer you a contract, better conditions, better coaching, training alongside the likes of Mitro, TC etc and a salary above that of most of the senior players at Colchester. Anybody on here give me a believable reason you'd be telling him to stay at Colchester?

Lets imagine that I had actually supported a club near where I lived and not 250+ miles away and not some big club fanboy, i would say glory hunter but Liverpool havent had much glory over the last 20 odd years , so I wouldnt be sending my 16-year-old son away from his family or seeing him as a cash cow to support me if I make the move with him,  let's image if Fulham had recently had a young player come through their academy and gave him first-team football, lets image if that player until last year was one of the most sort after in Europe and could have moved for a large wage with the best wishes of the fans haven't football league experience under his belt, imagine if your son being welcomed whenever he comes back to to a warm welcome to the area he grew up.

Now imagine your son in a city he doesn't know 250 miles from home with loads of money and no friends felling homesick missing his family playing in the reserves, imaging telling him don't worry son your playing for my boyhood club Liverpool reserves and you're earning a package chin up me and you mum will pop up when you can, get some tattoos if your bored it will go with the image you portray of wanting to keep up with the latest fashion find some bimbo to spend your money up, hay next year you can start to learn to drive, but remember to keep sending me and you mum some money, oh what that they want to send you on loan to Coventry to get some first-team football, well it another place you've not visited a chance to make more friends in a city you don't know, its working out great isn't it son its all I dreamed of when I sent you there, it's a good job you didn't stay at Fulham

Going to Liverpool is a risk and seems more money motivated then career-motivated I don't know what sort of family he comes from whether they have money or not, or if his dad is trying to live his football dreams through his son but a barely 16 years old with a chance of first-team football at the club he's at I might well say stay at Colchester get some first-team football they still going to pay you a decent sum of money at a young age and you can make the move to the club of my dreams when you are ready to.

oh well, not ever one can have sensible parents like Sess, now what team did he support as a child, anyone know?

I actually believe it was Fulham.

bobby01

Quote from: Statto on July 14, 2019, 01:40:02 PM
Quote from: St. Andrews White on July 14, 2019, 11:51:21 AM
60k was reported in the Liverpool Echo, and whilst it might be a bit much, we could easily match 10k. Reckon it's actually at least 30k, otherwise why wouldn't we do our best to keep him?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

We have a structure like every club, that we won't want to break.

I doubt Fredericks' wages at West Ham are more than we're paying Schurrle and Mitro, maybe £70k-£80k, but under our structure we don't pay that to bang average full backs so we had to let him go.

If we start paying £10-20k to teenagers who are nowhere near the first team then fringe players like Djalo, Cisse, Rodak and O'Riley are going to say they should be on £30k+.

For context, according to reports (which im inclined to believe) Sessegnon is only on £8k pw currently, albeit I suspect we're offering him 5x that now.

I do believe it was quoted on here the players wages, cannot find it. But sess and odoi were both on 8.5 k per week.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Dr Quinzel

Ryan Sess was a Liverpool fan as a kid, Gang. However, it varies as to what your club as a kid means to you - I have mates who are 'fans' but never go, and then you have 'fans' who are EVERY game, so what Liverpool meant to Ryan isn't necessarily what it means to Harvey - it isn't necessarily apples for apples as a comparison.

hovewhite

The kid wants not to be here so get him out the club quick.

Andy S

The thing is it is not just a footballing decision

hovewhite

Quote from: Andy S on July 15, 2019, 04:00:36 PM
The thing is it is not just a footballing decision
he piggy backs every move!! Get him out an away as he's piosen to the club!!!

The Enclosurite

Liverpool fans on Twitter are posting that this deal is going to be announced tonight as their Twitter page has removed it's pinned tweet (they are presuming it's to announce a new signing and most guessing Elliott).
¡COYW!

Barrett487

Buy Buy Harvey, i'm glad that we nurtured you and that you appreciate our club.

Y'know what... just go!

Montague

Quote from: Statto on July 14, 2019, 10:37:05 AM
Quote from: St. Andrews White on July 13, 2019, 09:22:44 AM
He's apparently been offered 60k a week a Liverpool, no wonder we couldn't match that!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I can't claim to know exactly what his wages will be at Liverpool but there's no effing way it will be £60k. Their offer might well be double or triple ours but I suspect our offer is something like £5k pw, so maybe they're offering £10k pw.

Don't know if this is still the case but remember this from a while ago. If it is, then the talk of high wages may be irrelevant

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/13/liverpool-introduce-40000-a-year-salary-cap-academy-players-jurgen-klopp

ealex40

Quote from: Barrett487 on July 15, 2019, 10:34:10 PM
Buy Buy Harvey, i'm glad that we nurtured you and that you appreciate our club.

Y'know what... just go!

I say Sell Sell!

grandad

Just get rid of the bun boy ASAP. Let us concentrate on players who want to play for our club.
Where there's a will there's a wife

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

In a pub in Wallasey to-night, next to Liverpool
The jovial barman seemed very happy when I said you have stolen one of ours, he says ahh your a Fulham fan then
He wonders whether Harvey "will he get enough playing time / opportunity?!"
I reminded him (the barman) that our last "sale" to the Pool didn't quite work out very well for them (our dear old Woy) but that we were very happy with their Kevin Keegan before that!!
Harvey lad, just be very careful what you wish for, the proverbial grass isn't always greener
This also applies to young Sess x 2 

Andy S

Before Roy it was that useful full back Steve Finnan but before that it was Richard Money and that didn't work out too well for them

gang

After that Paul Koncheski. I just think they are trying to get revenge.

Mince n Tatties

Hasn't he gone yet?
Dragging on like a third rate Soap Opera😒