Main Menu

NFR Cricket

Started by sunburywhite, July 11, 2019, 05:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HobGoblin

Come on England, come on

Wingnut

Get it there. OMG what a game!!!
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

SP

Woolly Mammoth

Well played England, we came back from the dead, World Champions, Get in there.  Astonishing pure theatre. It's a shame somebody had to lose.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Well I am one of those old farts who from time to time remember things as they used to be and wish we could return to the good old days.
I never ever thought cricket could be so exciting, so thrilling and all involved did so well, even sky.

Holders

What an amazing game and hard luck NZ.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Twig

Well done England but a really tough way to lose. I suppose there has to be a winner but to my mind they shared the spoils.

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Holders

Quote from: Twig on July 14, 2019, 07:50:03 PM
Well done England but a really tough way to lose. I suppose there has to be a winner but to my mind they shared the spoils.

In the circumstances, it feels quite a hollow victory, tbh.

spikey norman

And Lewis Hamilton wins at Silverstone and Novak Djokovic wins Wimbledon men's  tennis final.
Fantastic game of tennis one if the best between two greats.

ffc73

G8 we won but... as NZ lost less wickets in their 50 overs why did they not win?

Ok, yes I get it because them the rules but just seems odd

SP

Quote from: Holders on July 14, 2019, 07:57:23 PM

Not hollow for me, I'll take our good fortune as its a fine line between success & failure.

Holders

Quote from: SP on July 14, 2019, 08:08:45 PM

Not hollow for me, I'll take our good fortune as its a fine line between success & failure.

None finer but as FFC73 says above, NZ lost less wickets. 

Stoneleigh Loyalist

It's funny that although I was on the edge of my seat during the final overs shoot out I could not help thinking of the six where the NZ player caught the ball and the stepped back over the boundary, and that six including four overthrows deflected off Ben Stokes body.
Both within the laws of the game but oh so unfortunate for NZ.

KJS

Not for me it was a great performance by Stokes and Butler  well done England

Wingnut

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on July 14, 2019, 08:15:14 PM
It's funny that although I was on the edge of my seat during the final overs shoot out I could not help thinking of the six where the NZ player caught the ball and the stepped back over the boundary, and that six including four overthrows deflected off Ben Stokes body.
Both within the laws of the game but oh so unfortunate for NZ.

Thought the Stokes deflection was off the bat when he was diving to stay in, which makes it that bit more fortunate.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Quote from: Holders on July 14, 2019, 08:10:26 PM
Quote from: SP on July 14, 2019, 08:08:45 PM

None finer but as FFC73 says above, NZ lost less wickets. 

Art Vandelay

I was made to watch the tennis which was a fabulous game but was following the cricket on the iPad and got to watch the super over. What a great day of sport especially with Hamilton winning the Grand Prix. Hopefully next season will equally as exciting and fulfilling as today  049:gif

Nasty Neil

I sometimes wonder why some people follow sports yes it was a fine performance by NZ, but can't people enjoy England winning, enough people rejoice when we dont

ffcne