more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Cricket

Started by sunburywhite, July 11, 2019, 05:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Well done boys, we smashed Australia
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

bobbo

Luv it.
Poor old aussies.
I arrive in Sydney tomorrow morning , and I promise not to rub it in.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Fulham Tup North

Great effort. Difficult listening at work, but managed to get most of it. Home in time for the finale! Cannot wait until Sunday 🏏
Come on England...
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Art Vandelay

And the final is free to watch Sunday on channel 4, should be good..

hovewhite

Had test match special on all day England have been brilliant better in all departments well done lads.

Mince n Tatties

I'm stuck in a hard place,had £30 on NZ at the start.
Thought they were  over priced at 12/1.

Mince n Tatties

Also had £20 on Simona Halep at @16/1,hugely over priced considering she was no1 a few months back.
My bets always seem to fall at last hurdle,I had a golfer last month 4 clear with 4 to play and blew it.😠

Twig

Terrific performances since the group stage wobbles. Today was special, onwards and upwards to the final. Sunday is a work day here in Dubai but I will be "working from home".

filham

Well done England, hope we perform well again on Sunday.

Andy S

Sadly it is no longer on terrestrial tv where we can all enjoy it

Art Vandelay

Quote from: Andy S on July 11, 2019, 08:04:35 PM
Sadly it is no longer on terrestrial tv where we can all enjoy it

It's on channel 4 as mentioned above :)

HobGoblin

Absolutely quality performance by England, wiped the floor with the sandpaper lot. So good to see the Final will be on TV. Good Decision.

ron

Unbelievably bad umpiring decision on Roy. No wonder he was incensed. Unbelievable.

love4ffc

Quote from: bobbo on July 11, 2019, 06:09:43 PM
Luv it.
Poor old aussies.
I arrive in Sydney tomorrow morning , and I promise not to rub it in.

Off topic but I was suppose to pull in to Sydney with the US Navy back in 87 or 88.  Green Peace blocked us and protested so we left and went elsewhere  :012:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Woolly Mammoth

Splendid, I watched every minute of it, men against boys.
Nothing like shutting the cocky loud mouth arrogant Aussies by playing them off the park. We certainly hit them for six. Well done England.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

kiwian

Currently in the depths of a New Zealand winter but the sun will shine when we beat you lot. Go kiwis!!!
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: kiwian on July 12, 2019, 05:22:35 AM
Currently in the depths of a New Zealand winter but the sun will shine when we beat you lot. Go kiwis!!!

Well I hope it's a competitive match. I like both teams. Kane is a great player and comes across as a very humble and respectful person. Hope Guptill turns it around and plays a good innings.

KingofCheese

What I also thought was great was how representative of modern Britiain the team was from Pakistani backgrounds, Irish captains, South African batsman heroes to West Indian quick bowlers amongst the rest of the Anglo-Saxon team. I am always proud to see people whose heritage is from elsewhere being part of our sporting heroes rather than defaulting to the "lands of my father", although having such a diverse population means that every nation seems to have a "home crowd" here. Well done you all!
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

Carborundum

Quote from: KingofCheese on July 12, 2019, 09:48:24 AM
What I also thought was great was how representative of modern Britiain the team was from Pakistani backgrounds, Irish captains, South African batsman heroes to West Indian quick bowlers amongst the rest of the Anglo-Saxon team. I am always proud to see people whose heritage is from elsewhere being part of our sporting heroes rather than defaulting to the "lands of my father", although having such a diverse population means that every nation seems to have a "home crowd" here. Well done you all!
Very well put.

FFChris

My favourite comment of the day was 'the only thing the England team did wrong was not to charge them for the lesson'

:005: :005: :005: