more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Cricket

Started by sunburywhite, July 11, 2019, 05:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: FFChris on July 12, 2019, 11:18:32 AM
My favourite comment of the day was 'the only thing the England team did wrong was not to charge them for the lesson'

:005: :005: :005:

I think we should charge New Zealand for the lesson we will teach them.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Art Vandelay

It's a scheduling nightmare on Sunday what with the cricket and Wimbledon final plus the British Grand Prix, surely the powers that be should of realised and moved some of these events.

SP

Great stuff, need a big performance in the final.

A guy at work had been supporting India but has now switched allegiance to England, very strange as he supports England for football?

Twig

Quote from: Art Vandelay on July 12, 2019, 07:03:02 PM
It's a scheduling nightmare on Sunday what with the cricket and Wimbledon final plus the British Grand Prix, surely the powers that be should of realised and moved some of these events.

Grand Prix - not fussed. Normally i'd be glued to the Wimbledon mens' final but the cricket takes priority for me thus year.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Twig on July 12, 2019, 07:36:39 PM

Grand Prix - not fussed. Normally i'd be glued to the Wimbledon mens' final but the cricket takes priority for me thus year.

Same here

Never forget your Roots.

Art Vandelay

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 12, 2019, 07:55:48 PM
Quote from: Twig on July 12, 2019, 07:36:39 PM

Same here, but normally I would love to watch them all live
Same here

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 11, 2019, 06:25:26 PM
I had a golfer last month 4 clear with 4 to play and blew it.😠
He should have stuck to using his CLUBS!!  :)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

KingofCheese

Quote from: SP on July 12, 2019, 07:19:16 PM

A guy at work had been supporting India but has now switched allegiance to England, very strange as he supports England for football?
Not unusual in my experience, as neither Pakistan nor India are any good at football my friends from these backgrounds support England the land of their birth. However, if you grow up in these communities Cricket is almost a second religion  and especially the rivialry between the two countries. In this sport these communities find pride in their heritage and the chance to put one over on their nearest and not dearest neighbours!
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

HobGoblin

Cricket all day long, literally

Love Federer, but England in cricket final after that spanking of the sandpaper gang has to be watched

kiwian

Woolly, maybe famous last words?
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: kiwian on July 12, 2019, 11:53:19 PM
Woolly, maybe famous last words?

Maybe, but would you bet against England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Quote from: Andy S on July 11, 2019, 08:04:35 PM
Sadly it is no longer on terrestrial tv where we can all enjoy it

But it is. If you are interested you can watch it live on terrestrial tv.

Mince n Tatties

Also had £20 on Simona Halep at @16/1,hugely over priced considering she was no1 a few months back.
My bets always seem to fall at last hurdle,I had a golfer last month 4 clear with 4 to play and blew it.😠

Simona...Simona...Simona.... :yay: :yay: :yay:

filham

Quote from: Art Vandelay on July 11, 2019, 08:09:25 PM
Quote from: Andy S on July 11, 2019, 08:04:35 PM
Sadly it is no longer on terrestrial tv where we can all enjoy it

It's on channel 4 as mentioned above :)
The with the Wimbledon men's final on BBC it is going to be an afternoon of channel hopping between tennis and cricket.

elgreenio

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 13, 2019, 03:11:11 PM
Also had £20 on Simona Halep at @16/1,hugely over priced considering she was no1 a few months back.
My bets always seem to fall at last hurdle,I had a golfer last month 4 clear with 4 to play and blew it.😠

i'd like to direct your attention to the "Donate" button towards the top of this page  :dft011:.

Cricket all day long for me tomorrow. I'll probably watch the first two laps of the Grand Prix as well as that's all that matters these days isn't it
touch my camera through the fence

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: elgreenio on July 13, 2019, 06:45:22 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 13, 2019, 03:11:11 PM

i'd like to direct your attention to the "Donate" button towards the top of this page  :dft011:.

Cricket all day long for me tomorrow. I'll probably watch the first two laps of the Grand Prix as well as that's all that matters these days isn't it

If I see any of it...Her indoors will whip it out my hand and disappear shopping for days.😭

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: KingofCheese on July 12, 2019, 09:07:13 PM
Quote from: SP on July 12, 2019, 07:19:16 PM

Not unusual in my experience, as neither Pakistan nor India are any good at football my friends from these backgrounds support England the land of their birth. However, if you grow up in these communities Cricket is almost a second religion  and especially the rivialry between the two countries. In this sport these communities find pride in their heritage and the chance to put one over on their nearest and not dearest neighbours!

They only play cricket because you cannot Tamper with a football or a Rugby Ball.

Never forget your Roots.

ffcne

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 11, 2019, 06:22:08 PM
I'm stuck in a hard place,had £30 on NZ at the start.
Thought they were  over priced at 12/1.

Yes ,same with me jumped on at 12/1 before start.
So sticking with Kiwis.

ffcne

Got on Halep to win 2 sets to love 7/2.
Just got fed up with BBC love fest for Serena.
And then Meghan Markle turning up to support.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: ffcne on July 14, 2019, 09:48:20 AM

Got on Halep to win 2 sets to love 7/2.
Just got fed up with BBC love fest for Serena.
And then Meghan Markle turning up to support.

When the betting came out 2 weeks ago couldn't believe she was16/1 with some firms.
She was World No1 at start of year,still I'm not complaining.