watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team chemistry

Started by Tempest, July 11, 2019, 09:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tempest

Something Tim Ream was vocal on last year was the poor chemistry within the squad, seemingly with 3 weeks to go before the season starts it's looking like we're not likely to see too many changes.

Curious to see if Scott can address this.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

junior white

If we don't add too many then the team chemistry from last season should roll over and not be too hard too keep.

Not saying we don't need signings though

The Rational Fan

Quote from: junior white on July 11, 2019, 10:03:44 PM
If we don't add too many then the team chemistry from last season should roll over and not be too hard too keep.

I'm sure we will spend the maximum we are allowed, whether we need new signings or not will make no difference to what we can afford especially under FFP.

Twig

So we will keep what chemistry?  The team were relegated without much of a fight so i'm Honestly not sure that the absence of changes is such a good thing. (Or were you being ironic and I missed the point?).

I Ronic

toshes mate

Quote from: Twig on July 12, 2019, 07:36:50 AM

So we will keep what chemistry?  The team were relegated without much of a fight so i'm Honestly not sure that the absence of changes is such a good thing. (Or were you being ironic and I missed the point?).
Absolutely the whole point of looking at last summer's transfers, last season's turmoils on and off the pitch, and the unwise reactionary and panic driven choices made by senior staff.  Chemistry only occurs when a) elements are already noted to combine well; b) a catalyst is introduced to make the elements combine well; or c) you research the subject of chemistry and push the frontiers of the science beyond where they are by exploiting the knowledge about things that you know have gone wrong or failed to work before.  What you don't do is throw out what works but sadly it is already way too late to rectify that. 

WhiteJC

the chemistry of the team at the end of last season, for chemistry read fight?, looked reasonable to me, too little too late I know but once Scotty took over we looked like Fulham again.

If we can bring that chemistry to the team for this season then I think we'll be OK, I don't think we'll gain auto-promotion, would love to be proved wrong.

I just want to see Fulham again, not the group of strangers we saw for most of last season

The Rational Fan

The evidence seems to be that most teams that bounce back up don't change their squad, of course Newcastle if a few years ago is the exception to that rules.

SuffolkWhite

McDonald's interview was very much about commitment and if your not then SP will have you out!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

WindyCity

Quote from: Twig on July 12, 2019, 07:36:50 AM

Spot on Twig.  I would ask same question......what chemistry are we really talking about?  This team, sadly, was dead in the water early on, and never captured any spirit or inspiration through the playing of the entire campaign.  Hopefully they do turn that around and get off to a good start this season, both on the pitch, and in the clubhouse.

copthornemike

A winning team will not have any 'team chemistry' issues
The problem occurs when a team is playing poorly and losing!
Incidents and characters like Kamara, or anyone who feels they are too good for the Championship would be my concern however. Mind you I would say only Mitro is 'too good' within the current squad as things stand.
Last season was a disaster but already we have stronger starting squad than the one which our promotion season so let's hope it is will not be an issue.