more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

£35m bid in for Sessegnon

Started by Burt, June 27, 2019, 01:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 05, 2019, 02:34:31 AM
Ryan Sessegnon is a massive addition to any Big Six team, he may already be possibly the "most versatile wide homegrown in the country". He has started in the Premier League as right back x1, right winger x6, centre forward x1, left winger x11 and left back x4, all before his 19th Birthday, while I don't think he will get too many starts or even subs on in his first season. He has the versatile that a Big team would want on the bench as their 18th Matchday Player.

Oh really, well answer me this, if he is anywhere near as good as you say he is why aren't the Elite teams fighting over him ?
Why haven't Man City shown an interest ? Or  Liverpool ? What about United or Arsenal ?
Then what about some of the lesser clubs like Everton and Leicester ? Or even Palace ?
What about the likes of Watford and Southampton ?
Isn't the truth that these clubs have seen enough of Ryan Sessegnon to put them off wanting to bid and maybe just maybe he isn't as good as his Fan Club on here would have you believe,
You yourself have literally described him as a "Jack of all trades, master of none"
My advice to Sessegnon for next season, be it with Fulham or whoever is this, choose a position then excel in it it, become the best you can be in it,
Jokanovic didn't know his best position , Parker didn't know where to play him and The England U21's certainly don't know what to do with him
When he can play at an elite level in one position then and only then his value will soar and so will the interest in him,

If he stays with Fulham next season, what position do you want to see him play?

toshes mate

Quote from: Riversider on July 07, 2019, 10:33:39 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 05, 2019, 02:34:31 AM
Ryan Sessegnon is a massive addition to any Big Six team, he may already be possibly the "most versatile wide homegrown in the country". He has started in the Premier League as right back x1, right winger x6, centre forward x1, left winger x11 and left back x4, all before his 19th Birthday, while I don't think he will get too many starts or even subs on in his first season. He has the versatile that a Big team would want on the bench as their 18th Matchday Player.

Oh really, well answer me this, if he is anywhere near as good as you say he is why aren't the Elite teams fighting over him ?
Why haven't Man City shown an interest ? Or  Liverpool ? What about United or Arsenal ?
Then what about some of the lesser clubs like Everton and Leicester ? Or even Palace ?
What about the likes of Watford and Southampton ?
Isn't the truth that these clubs have seen enough of Ryan Sessegnon to put them off wanting to bid and maybe just maybe he isn't as good as his Fan Club on here would have you believe,
You yourself have literally described him as a "Jack of all trades, master of none"
My advice to Sessegnon for next season, be it with Fulham or whoever is this, choose a position then excel in it it, become the best you can be in it,
Jokanovic didn't know his best position , Parker didn't know where to play him and The England U21's certainly don't know what to do with him
When he can play at an elite level in one position then and only then his value will soar and so will the interest in him,

If he stays with Fulham next season, what position do you want to see him play?
Very sensible points, Riversider, and further reasons why the lad himself may be in something of a quandary about what to do for the best.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on July 07, 2019, 09:39:03 AM
It's a bit painful to read pages and pages of this debate because it only involves a handful of simple factors but will keep going on because those factors are unknown and, to the extent we can guess, finely balanced...

(a) The cash we can for him now (£15m?)

(b) The probability that if we don't go up, he'll likely (99%?) decline to re-sign

(c) The tiny fee we'll get under the FIFA compensation system (£500k?) or moderate fee at an English tribunal (£5m?) depending on whether he goes to an English/foreign club

(d) The cost of a replacement (another £15m?) (also factoring in TK's poor spending record and the general inherent risk in all transfers)

(e) The amount it will improve our chances of promotion and winning £100m+ if he stays (5%?)

(f) The probability (60%? ) that he'll re-sign if we go up

Personally I think it better to keep him, but without knowing (a) to (f) no one is going to put together a conclusive argument in this debate.

a) £30n
b) 95%
c) spot on
d) £6m per year for above average DoF, $8m for ours
e) 10-15%, but 35% if we spend money on loans
f) 20% other Big 6 teams will offer more
If my above assumptions are correct sell him now

AnOldBrownie

I don't know if he's going to stay.

I just think (based on what Ander Herrera did) it's more financially beneficial for Ryan Sessegnon to play out his final year at Fulham.

Also, I don't think he played well enough last season to warrant any EPL team spending more than 15 million on him with only one year left.

So...back to the initial post.

Has there been a 35 million pound bid made for him?  Yes, no?

Also...has there EVER been an official bid put forth for Ryan, or has it always been English paper talk?

I read about this back in 2017...but at the end of the article it says...

QuoteIf this £25m offer is legitimate, then it's hard to believe that the pursuit of Sessegnon is over.

Who knows what to believe?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 07, 2019, 10:30:30 PM

I just think (based on what Ander Herrera did) it's more financially beneficial for Ryan Sessegnon to play out his final year at Fulham.

Also, I don't think he played well enough last season to warrant any EPL team spending more than 15 million on him with only one year left.

Also...has there EVER been an official bid put forth for Ryan, or has it always been English paper talk?

QuoteIf this £25m offer is legitimate, then it's hard to believe that the pursuit of Sessegnon is over.

If Konsa is worth £12m and nearly 22 years old, then Sess is worth £35m.

Statto

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 08, 2019, 04:21:08 AM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 07, 2019, 10:30:30 PM

If Konsa is worth £12m and nearly 22 years old, then Sess is worth £35m.

Konsa has 3 yrs left on his contract.
Sessegnon has 1 Yr.
To me that says Sessegnon has to have three times as much potential as Konsa (which is probably about right) to be worth £12m

Bassey the warrior

Can't help but feel Sess is making a big mistake. We'd have every right not to play him if he won't sign a new deal and we can't sell for a good price. Then he's less likely to get his big move.

Conversely if he renews and has a release fee built in to his contract then he will get game time here and still be able to move on once the interest is firmed up.

He has 15 years to earn the big money, shouldn't be so impatient.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

It is his Agent who is impatient!!

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on July 08, 2019, 01:28:57 PM
Can't help but feel Sess is making a big mistake. We'd have every right not to play him if he won't sign a new deal and we can't sell for a good price. Then he's less likely to get his big move.

Conversely if he renews and has a release fee built in to his contract then he will get game time here and still be able to move on once the interest is firmed up.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but that's naive.   Say he suffers a knee injury like Mawson before he's 25.   Or has a concussion that becomes a lingering issue. 

He has to think about his own future since no one else will.

And sitting him on the bench only hurts Fulham because he's better than both Ayite and Kabano as a goal poacher.    Fulham will need Sess' offense if he isn't moved on and a better winger isn't brought onboard (and Fulham still need a good RW and backup striker to boot)

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 08, 2019, 03:44:42 PM

Please don't take this the wrong way, but that's naive.   Say he suffers a knee injury like Mawson before he's 25.   Or has a concussion that becomes a lingering issue. 

And sitting him on the bench only hurts Fulham because he's better than both Ayite and Kabano as a goal poacher.    Fulham will need Sess' offense if he isn't moved on and a better winger isn't brought onboard (and Fulham still need a good RW and backup striker to boot)

I appreciate it's career and he has the right to earn as much as he can. Whilst he has to think of his future, we have to think of ours. If he won't move for a fee and he won't stay then we need to get in someone in who will be here beyond this season.

Bracken White

Apparently, with a capital 'A' we're holding out for £40M for Ryan S. Good - time to play hardball with Daniel Levy.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on July 08, 2019, 05:22:39 PM

I appreciate it's career and he has the right to earn as much as he can. Whilst he has to think of his future, we have to think of ours. If he won't move for a fee and he won't stay then we need to get in someone in who will be here beyond this season.

Why is keeping Ryan for only one year OR worry about the future spot mutually exclusive?

Fulham FC is not a poor club.   The owner isn't poor and isn't reliant on Fulham's revenue to buy other ventures, so can we please stop worrying about Fulham and $$$ (unless it's related to FFP)

Let's be honest.   If Ryan doesn't go before the season starts he's not going before next May because the Khans don't have to sell him.    And I don't think either the Khans or Ryan would be mad about it.

We all knew Ryan's wish was that he leave this summer.   Ryan knew it.  The Khans knew it.

But to make it viable for all parties involved (including the purchasing team) an amount had to be agreed upon that would provide value to Ryan, the Khans and (let's just say for sh and giggles it's the Spurs) Tottenham.

It hasn't happened yet.   We're past the midway point of the transfer window.   Teams are now buying...yet we still haven't heard of an official bid.

The Khans aren't desperate to sell because they can use Ryan as a starter this season.

Ryan isn't desperate because he knows he can earn more after he has a good year and there is no buy on fee.

The Spurs aren't desperate because...let's be honest...they don't value Ryan as much as the fans on this forum.

So here we stand...with Ryan not even able to raise his stock on the U21 squad because he's injured.

I agree that he's worth 15 million.

What impact left winger are the Khans going to bring in for that amount?   Why not just hold on to Ryan who we know can score in the championship?   He already knows how to play with the players on this squad and doesn't have to be vetted in.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 08, 2019, 07:10:10 PM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on July 08, 2019, 05:22:39 PM

Why is keeping Ryan for only one year OR worry about the future spot mutually exclusive?

Fulham FC is not a poor club.   The owner isn't poor and isn't reliant on Fulham's revenue to buy other ventures, so can we please stop worrying about Fulham and $$$ (unless it's related to FFP)

Let's be honest.   If Ryan doesn't go before the season starts he's not going before next May because the Khans don't have to sell him.    And I don't think either the Khans or Ryan would be mad about it.

We all knew Ryan's wish was that he leave this summer.   Ryan knew it.  The Khans knew it.

But to make it viable for all parties involved (including the purchasing team) an amount had to be agreed upon that would provide value to Ryan, the Khans and (let's just say for sh and giggles it's the Spurs) Tottenham.

It hasn't happened yet.   We're past the midway point of the transfer window.   Teams are now buying...yet we still haven't heard of an official bid.

The Khans aren't desperate to sell because they can use Ryan as a starter this season.

Ryan isn't desperate because he knows he can earn more after he has a good year and there is no buy on fee.

The Spurs aren't desperate because...let's be honest...they don't value Ryan as much as the fans on this forum.

So here we stand...with Ryan not even able to raise his stock on the U21 squad because he's injured.

I agree that he's worth 15 million.

What impact left winger are the Khans going to bring in for that amount?   Why not just hold on to Ryan who we know can score in the championship?   He already knows how to play with the players on this squad and doesn't have to be vetted in.

If we can afford to sign his replacement and bed him in this year then all well and good.

By the way I wasn't saying we shouldn't play him, just saying it's not worth the risk to him. That was my point. I just hope he does reach his potential and doesn't fall short because he moved too soon.

toshes mate

I think the point about injury is crucial.  He suffered a hamstring problem playing for England u21s and we do not know if it's a tear, a strain, or a problem he has had before that has flared and/or worsened again.  There is a tendency for players to get injured when they are being more tentative when playing (e.g. trying to protect a weakness - look at Cairney's rough passage when trying to recover from his knee problem).  RS has to weigh all the factors up in his mind and notice how misfortunes do as much damage to your worth as good performances do good.  I hope he makes the right choice but I think he needs to understand that, for the moment at least, his boss is still FFC.     

The Old Count

Sessegnon will be staying short term. He'll sign a 3 year contract at the end of August with a get out. Whether he eventualy goes January or at the end of the season we'll have to wait and see.

You heard it here first. Pats on the back please when it proves true. (You can kick me the arse if I'm wrong).

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: The Old Count on July 09, 2019, 06:07:36 PM
Sessegnon will be staying short term. He'll sign a 3 year contract at the end of August with a get out. Whether he eventualy goes January or at the end of the season we'll have to wait and see.

You heard it here first. Pats on the back please when it proves true. (You can kick me the arse if I'm wrong).

Actually...you heard it from ME first.  :dft012:

You'll get credit for the contract terms though.   

AnOldBrownie

So, just listened to the Fulhamish podcast.

They seem to think that Ryan has to sign a new deal for just 2 years if another team doesn't put in a suitable offer for him.    They feel there is no way the club can afford to let him ride out his contract.

They mentioned that the club would have to present some type of deterrence (I won't say threat...but that's what it would be) to force Ryan to not ride out his contract.

Hmmm...

So...you stick a player that scored 16 goals two years ago on the bench out of spite?

You hurt the clubs performance on the pitch (essentially) by moving a player to the U23s instead of using him?

The expression "cutting off nose to spite the face" comes to mind.

Personally, because I want Fulham to come right back up I hope Ryan stays because I don't see Fulham bringing in a better left winger, and we already know their isn't one currently on the squad.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 11, 2019, 08:01:02 PM
So, just listened to the Fulhamish podcast.

They seem to think that Ryan has to sign a new deal for just 2 years if another team doesn't put in a suitable offer for him.    They feel there is no way the club can afford to let him ride out his contract.

They mentioned that the club would have to present some type of deterrence (I won't say threat...but that's what it would be) to force Ryan to not ride out his contract.

Hmmm...

So...you stick a player that scored 16 goals two years ago on the bench out of spite?

You hurt the clubs performance on the pitch (essentially) by moving a player to the U23s instead of using him?

The expression "cutting off nose to spite the face" comes to mind.

Personally, because I want Fulham to come right back up I hope Ryan stays because I don't see Fulham bringing in a better left winger, and we already know their isn't one currently on the squad.

If Sessegnon stays, we maybe forced to sell the profitable players (and only 17/18 players are profitable) to pay for wages. If the wages bill of Fulham FC is very high, we will have to sell either Sessegnon, Cairney or Mitrovoic as they are the only players that can command a good profit of 5m+ (note Seri would get a good price but produce at least a 5m loss).

My opinion is being forced to sell a player on a five year contract (like Cairney or Mitro) because a player on one year contract (like Sessegnon) won't leave would be a disaster, although that would due to Fulham's mismanagement and is not Sessegnon's fault. I cannot see us keeping Sessegnon with any chance of promotion, i cannot believe our wages are low.