more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Martell Taylor-Crossdale Signs

Started by Friendsoffulham, July 14, 2019, 10:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Martell Taylor-Crossdale Signs

The Club are pleased to announce the signing of forward Martell Taylor-Crossdale on a two-year deal from our South West London neighbours Chelsea following the expiry of his contract.

The 19-year-old arrives at the Whites boasting an impressive goalscoring record at youth level, including the golden boot in the Under-18 Premier League 16/17 season.

Part of the England Under-18s squad that lifted the Toulon Tournament Trophy in 2017, the striker also netted a hat-trick against Fulham in the 6-0 FA Youth Cup defeat.

Following the acquisition of the prolific East Londoner, Academy Director Huw Jennings said: "We are delighted to secure the services of Martell. He has been a prolific goal scorer at youth level for Chelsea and joins us with the opportunity to develop his career at Fulham from this solid base."

Taylor-Crossdale will initially link up with Mark Pembridge and Colin Omogbehin in the Under-23s squad after fighting off stern competition from other clubs for his signature.

Speaking to fulhamfc.com after arriving, Taylor-Crossdale said: "I'm ready to go here and show everyone what I can do. I felt coming here presented the perfect opportunity to push into the first team. I had a look at the pathway into the first team and I'm hopeful I can breakthrough to impress the manager.

"I'm a player who likes to run in-behind. I'm good in the box and know where the net is, I hope I can score lots of goals for Fulham."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/july/13/martell-taylor-crossdale-signs

fulhamben

Welcome, and well needed after letting Woodrow, and humrphys go last year.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

grandad

Great to get a replacement for Elliott so quickly.
Where there's a will there's a wife

DevonFFC

Was set to sign for hoffenheim but turned them down to join us

Andy S

Could be a good signing if he continues to develop. Obviously will get some cup games early on so we can see what his potential is. Sadly Woodrow probably wasn't going much higher neither was Humphrey's, not quickly anyway

Tooting legend

Welcome to FFC his stas make fir good reading

filham

Yes, sounds good. Perhaps we will get a glimpse of him in our first cup game.

Nero

good to see a young man that wants to fight for a first-team place then just want a big payday he could have got at Chelsea

One Martin Thomas

I assume there will be compensation to pay ?

Tabby

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on July 14, 2019, 02:19:50 PM

Yep. Probably not a whole lot though, he had a pretty weak season last year.

Herbie

Sounds like he was on a pro contract that had expired, so no compensation required.

grandad

He was out of contract & turned down a renewal. A freebie.
Where there's a will there's a wife

sunburywhite

following the expiry of his contract.

So there shouldn be any compensation
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Tabby

Quote from: Herbie on July 14, 2019, 02:24:51 PM
Sounds like he was on a pro contract that had expired, so no compensation required.

There is compensation for all players under the age of 24 in the top 4 divisions of England following a free transfer.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Tabby on July 14, 2019, 02:26:49 PM

There is compensation for all players under the age of 24 in the top 4 divisions of England following a free transfer.

Surely only in cases of the player having been offered a contract (meeting certain requirements) by the former club? Don't think Chelsea offered a new contract, so there should be no compensation.

Tabby

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 14, 2019, 02:43:33 PM

Surely only in cases of the player having been offered a contract (meeting certain requirements) by the former club? Don't think Chelsea offered a new contract, so there should be no compensation.

He was offered a contract, but turned it down as he wanted to have a better shot at first team football by all the accounts I've read.

Chelsea almost never release their players on free transfers. Piazon and Kalas have no chance at breaking through, yet they renew their contracts to let them go on loan. Taylor-Crossdale did not go out on loan and got limited time in their reserves, which is what happens to their players that refuse to renew their contracts.

I Ronic

He's ours now :) hope it all works out for him and us

bog

Welcome to the club, good luck in that white shirt!  049:gif

092.gif

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 14, 2019, 02:43:33 PM

Surely only in cases of the player having been offered a contract (meeting certain requirements) by the former club?

This is correct. If Chelsea offered a new contract (meeting said requirements) then compensation is owed.

FIFA are also planning to implement a limit on the number of players a club can loan out, which could prove difficult for Chelsea to keep hold of players such as Taylor-Crossdale given that they had ~40 players out on loan last season.

bobby01

Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.