more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How long do we give parker?

Started by General, July 15, 2019, 08:58:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sting of the North

Quote from: Newry FFC on July 18, 2019, 07:57:14 AM
I am all for sticking with Parker. But I do question our strategy  of picking up from where we left off in May 2018, while just switching off anything that happened after that .
The likes of McDonald and Johansen have barely played in a year. We're back to having no idea about our keeper situation. We've lumped 2 players up on ridiculous wages while not thinking of its impact on the rest of the squads morale. We also haven't addressed any defensive concerns which was proven that any team bar Huddersfield, even a Bristol Rovers , could glide through.

I just feel there's a level of toxicity that's been left over from Ranieri along with preseason drifting by and a lot of unanswered questions such as Anguissas frame of mind, Sessegnon, which version of Ream will show up for pre season etc that is sure to impact preparations.

Of course there's a lot of good here but the impacts mentioned mean I do hope Parker will be given a full season to slowly build our team and club back together. I do think it's physically impossible to sack a man if the men above him haven't addressed every concern he has about what he's inherited

Firstly, Johansen played almost 30 games last season plus a bunch of internationals for Norway so that shouldn't be a worry. Secondly, I am fairly sure that SP has a good idea of our keeper situation, so I don't see why that is a worry at all.

As for whether or not the contracts to Mitro and Cairney is bad for team morale, it could also be that keeping good and popular players is good for team morale. Hardly a given that it is a problem at least. In any case, what's to say that the potential impact on team morale was not considered?

Lastly, maybe they are not as concerned for our defense as many on here are? Keeping the team together is one solution, and time will tell whether it is the correct one.

Statto

Quote from: Newry FFC on July 18, 2019, 07:57:14 AM
I am all for sticking with Parker. But I do question our strategy  of picking up from where we left off in May 2018, while just switching off anything that happened after that .
The likes of McDonald and Johansen have barely played in a year. We're back to having no idea about our keeper situation. We've lumped 2 players up on ridiculous wages while not thinking of its impact on the rest of the squads morale. We also haven't addressed any defensive concerns which was proven that any team bar Huddersfield, even a Bristol Rovers , could glide through.

I just feel there's a level of toxicity that's been left over from Ranieri along with preseason drifting by and a lot of unanswered questions such as Anguissas frame of mind, Sessegnon, which version of Ream will show up for pre season etc that is sure to impact preparations.

Of course there's a lot of good here but the impacts mentioned mean I do hope Parker will be given a full season to slowly build our team and club back together. I do think it's physically impossible to sack a man if the men above him haven't addressed every concern he has about what he's inherited

Seems very speculative to say Cairney and Mitro are on "ridiculous" wages. We've no idea of the terms of their extensions, nor do we know which other players had reductions triggered by relegation or the amount of those reductions. We have 4-5 other players in the team who were signed in the PL, along with Cavaleiro, so I suspect our whole structure is higher than it was in 17/18 and that will be funded by the parachute payment.

As to the other questions, Anguissa finished the season in fine form and continued that into his international games in the summer. He seems to have a particularly good relationship with Parker. I didn't see any toxicity post-Ranieri, just a lack of confidence that will evaporate immediately if we win our first match, that is if it hasnt already.

As for Ream, he's now third choice in his position on paper, so if it isn't the best version of him that shows up, he won't be getting on the field. Mcdonald is in a similar position, as second choice to Anguissa on paper.

I also agree with SotN's comments re Johansen, morale etc.

FFC1987

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 17, 2019, 06:43:07 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 17, 2019, 04:34:57 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on July 17, 2019, 07:09:33 AM
I'm surprised most of you aren't calling for his head for losing a friendly!

We're meeting tonight at the cottage at 6. We need time to organise.

I have been waiting here at the Cottage for almost 45 minutes, where is everyone ?

Got enticed into the shed sadly....