https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

4 clubs interested in Seri

Started by BigbadBillyMcKinley, July 15, 2019, 08:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirit of 2000

Good riddance.... awful signing with terrible attitude

Statto

I'd be interested to know how much the paperwork for his transfer from Nice being manipulated, to deprive him of his bonus, has driven his motivation to leave. Potentially a major cock up by our negotiating team.

bobbo

I know the khans can afford to lose money but we need to get back what we paid for the sake of ffp next season. Not sorry to see him go , one good performance in 10 what we need is maybe one poor performance in 10.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

David I

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on July 15, 2019, 08:46:19 PM
[/quote
Shoosh........ the other clubs may read FoF. I'll really miss him. Well worth 50m. Anything less is a bargain 🤭

wheelerdeeler

Said it in the Gossip thread as well...
Wonder if we could try for someone on loan (or permanent) as part of a deal for Seri to reduce the price a bit. If we're looking at the Sky report saying Milan, Napoli and Roma want him (assuming Galatasaray would be a loan) I'd try for;
Fabio Borini or Emanuele Torrasi (Milan)
Amin Younes (Napoli)
Gregoire Defrel, Rick Karsdorp, William Bianda or Keres Masangu (Roma)

Would be particularly keen on Borini given he can play anywhere and he's played in England before, but I doubt he'd want to go to the Championship.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: bobbo on July 15, 2019, 11:36:27 PM
I know the khans can afford to lose money but we need to get back what we paid for the sake of ffp next season. Not sorry to see him go , one good performance in 10 what we need is maybe one poor performance in 10.

I don't see the point in selling a player that use to be worth a lot of money and isn't any more. I think a good half season in the championship to show he's too good for that league is what is required. For the price we will get for him, we wouldn't even be able to buy Norwood. Keep Seri as Cairney substitute.

Facts Not Fiction

He was never an awful signing. He had class above nearly all our side. He just never fitted the system. What ever it was.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 16, 2019, 08:25:51 AM

He was never an awful signing. He had class above nearly all our side. He just never fitted the system. What ever it was.

You say good riddance now, but if we sell him cheap it will hurt next years chances of promotion more than paying his wages and keeping him as a bench player (after sunk costs Seri will be cheaper than Edun). If we sell Seri cheap to say Napoli, you find Fulham using all the Sessegnon sale profit to fund Seri's sale losses and that causing us not to more players and get promoted, while Seri helps Napoli qualify for Champions League.

Besides, we all knew that once Scott Parker dropped Seri it became much harder to sell him. experienced managers know "if he doesn't play, other teams won't pay". After we were relegated we should have played Seri to get his value up. I don't think The Khans have ever sold a player at an accounting loss (they typically sell profitable players) and once Seri stopped player an accounting loss was inevertable.

I believe we should let Seri look for a new club and if he cannot get a decent price (and he won't). hHe can join the squad after deadline day with an aim of making the bench in few games and subbing on later.

We all know Seri was a mistake, but the money has been spent and gone (he's a sink costs). I couldn't imagine anything more stupid than booking a £15 million loss on this years balance sheet, when playing him on the bench will cost us £5 million per year. Besides leave him on the bench a few weeks and bring him on say against Milwall to give Cairney a rest, he may even win a few MOTM awards in the Championship.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

The clubs in the frame would suggest he is anything but an awful signing. He was just the wrong fit or us. That happens with all clubs.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

ffcne

Dont make excuses for him.Awful signing .
Tony Khan got done by agent Mackay  .

The Rational Fan

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on July 16, 2019, 09:44:37 AM
The clubs in the frame would suggest he is anything but an awful signing. He was just the wrong fit or us. That happens with all clubs.

He was good for Fulham FC whenever we had more than 50% possession, when we had less than 50% possession Chambers was much better.

toshes mate

If he never fitted the system then he must be an awful signing

ffcne

Wrong fit?
Wrong signing.
What did he do? Nothing.

Statto

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 16, 2019, 09:50:08 AM

He was good for Fulham FC whenever we had more than 50% possession, when we had less than 50% possession Chambers was much better.

Minded to agree with this.
That's why I reckon in the unlikely event he stayed, he could still be great for us in the Championship

filham

I think Seri is a very nice player but there really is not room in our team for both him and Cairney, one or the other of them would become an expensive bench warmer.
Essential we arrange a good transfer for Seri and get a return on his transfer fee as soon as possible.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on July 16, 2019, 09:53:20 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 16, 2019, 09:50:08 AM

Minded to agree with this.
That's why I reckon in the unlikely event he stayed, he could still be great for us in the Championship

This row of four games is huge, 12 points from these games makes playoffs so likely.

Sat 17 Aug 2019   Huddersfield Town - Away (3rd game of the season)
Wed 21 Aug 2019   Millwall - Home
Sat 24 Aug 2019   Nottingham Forest - Home
Sat 31 Aug 2019   Cardiff City=Away (6th game of the season)

Even if we get some midfielder now, these games are too early to use him effectively.

I think we are much stronger with Seri as a 5th Central Midfielder

I'd play Seri against Milwall to give Cairney a rest and use him as sub if we are ever 2 goals up.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: toshes mate on July 16, 2019, 09:50:09 AM

Cairney was arguably worse last season, but we'll gloss over that.

MJG

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 16, 2019, 12:20:04 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on July 16, 2019, 09:50:09 AM

Cairney was arguably worse last season, but we'll gloss over that.
of the seven league wins they both started 5 of them and started 3 of them together.
Seri started season ok but I think the whole new picture of being in a team not doing well and new country he found it hard to produce the goods.
I do think they can play in same team and both offer different things. Seri is a good player but I think a year on loan to get his form back (and maybe value) is best. We get promotion we have a player with a year behind him in PL and hopefully found his A game.
Just the views of a long term fan

RaySmith

He did well alongside Cairney in that second half home to Brighton - seemed a different player. But motly we just saw frustrating glimpses of his talent.

But I agree with MJG that it became  increasingly hard for him to find his feet in a new league in a new country, as part of  a failing team, under a lot of pressure with that record  transfer cash number around his neck.

I think that he might actualy do a decent job in the Championship - IF he stays.

I  can see him going on loan and returning, which MJG advocates - but to whom?